Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™
    It was meant as sarcasm.

You come off as a very literal and boring person.

Smoke a joint and buy a bag of chips.

With that said... it's still isn't one of the 10 commandments.

I suppose we should be using this when we respond with sarcasm...

I'll be using it when responding to smartypants type of lad.
    And you sir are one hell of a genius.

lol

Comment

• It's been said that God is a living creature, Therefore a learning,evolving God...... according to Gemarah, It can be found in the Mishnah the mistakes/or what we deem/interpret as mistakes of God........

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Come on now. Why the need to be so condescending and insulting? Stuff like this is why people can't have adult discussions about topics like religion.

You can disagree with someone without mocking them. Surely you must know this concept.
        That's why I just ignore his "kinder"garten rhetoric. I'll find a child to argue on his level......

Comment

No.. you have the context backwards and it matters.

First he tells you NOT to give devotion to anyone but him... and THEN he tells you partly WHY... because he is a jealous god.

Unbelievable... it's so clear what something says, what he meant, what it means... clear as day.. but it's a possible negative someone can point at.. so you twist it.

Instead of twisting it... the proper response should be...

Well god, said he made us in his likeness... so it's entirely reasonable to expect he may have some similar traits that we have.... such as jealousy.

THATS what you should be saying... not changing what god says when he says it because it might make him look bad.

He's jealous... he told you he's jealous... deal with it.
          Who was God talking to when he spoke those words?

Also, how am I twisting the words of the bible? What I said fits the entire narrative of the Hebrew scriptures.

My claim is that God meant he is jealous in the sense that he requires exclusive devotion from him followers.

If that's incorrect, please explain to me in what sense did God mean he is jealous and in what way is his jealousy a bad thing?
          Last edited by Khalid X; 11-17-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Would that mean that god is smarter now than he was before?

If you're all knowing... what is there to learn?

How can you know new things if you already know everything?
            I suppose....A learning God "must be smarter now than from before.
            The answer is YES.
            IS God all knowing?. My answer would be "perhaps" because my comprehension of everything is very limited at the most.
            If it compare to Gods knowledge then God is all knowing.( relating to my knowledge)

For example. In the story of Abraham regarding Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham did challenged God and bargained with him. That there may be good people in there...( You noticed that he asked for 100,50 10,I can't remember the exact number though) good people in there and God should not destroy it.
            And God keep taking his bargain until they decided to take Lot and his family out.

From this story you may see the Fallibility of God or his "MERCY" depending on where you stand with your belief in him........

I hope it help you out, But again God is a living God....

Comment

He was telling moses.. not sure what that has to do with anything, it was moses job to deliver the message.\

God meant he is jealous in the sense that he is jealous. Devote all to him and not anyone else because he is jealous.

Do not have any other gods before me, for the lord himself is a jealous god.

There's not really any other truthful way to interpret that.
              It was because during the time of Moses some people do worship "BAAL" or the Golden Calf" or something like that.....

Comment

• If I had a golden calf, I bet I'd never have to do calf raises again. Everyone would be all "oh, there goes johnm, with his golden calves"

Comment

If you're a learning god, which would mean you know more now than before and you will know more in the future than you know now... is it possible to make mistakes then?

In my opinion YES!.

However some people interpret that God already know the future,

Which I think kinda suck, Because then what happen with the "free will" he granted us. Why let those who will do evil live in the first place....

( It get ****ed up philosophically REED) if you get my drift....

Comment

He was telling moses.. not sure what that has to do with anything, it was moses job to deliver the message.\

God meant he is jealous in the sense that he is jealous. Devote all to him and not anyone else because he is jealous.

Do not have any other gods before me, for the lord himself is a jealous god.

There's not really any other truthful way to interpret that.
                    It was Moses job to deliver that message to the Hebrews who were taken out of captivity.

They, as a nation of people, chose to follow YHWH and enter into a committed relationship.

Those commandments was God, through Moses, explaining the terms of this new commitment.

As part of that said commitment, God then stated he was jealous in the sense that as part of following him, he would not tolerate unfaithfulness in the form of worshiping other Gods (hence I am a jealous God).

How is any of this bad, given the context of what is going on?
                    Last edited by Khalid X; 11-17-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      If I had a golden calf, I bet I'd never have to do calf raises again. Everyone would be all "oh, there goes johnm, with his golden calves"

I'd rather be "Goldmember" john....
                      Hey look there's Goldmember with john....Lets see what they're up to!.:*******:

Comment

Working...
                      X