Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    ....what Jesus said about keeping the old laws with no exception.
    Jesus did not say that.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    There's a lot of things as a Christian you are not allowed to do, it's just that most Christians don't really bother with those laws.
    And you know this how? And what things are you referring to?

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Not to mention the 10 commandments are kind of silly don't you think?
    How so?

Do you not teach your child some of them, just not in a religious context? I'd wager you teach your child to respect you and her mother, not to lie, not to steal, not to commit murder, etc. Don't you?!?

Don't you agree if everyone lived by them, regardless of their religion, the world would be alot better off?

Comment

Getting angry when someone replaces you IS jealousy....hahaha

This is the type of rationalization that just blows me away.
      Is a Godly anger not of human emotion

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        Is a Godly anger not of human emotion
        Oh well that makes perfect sense....

Comment

Oh well that makes perfect sense....

of course human intelligence wouldn't understand. God isnt human nor is his intelligence that petty

Comment

• I don't know much, but I know that if there's a God out there, he's a bit of a prick.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
              If he is angered by another god in place of him, that is basically the definition of jealousy... so instead of dancing around the topic he just told you straight out.. IM JEALOUS.

THat is absolutely ridiculous.

He first tells you NOT to have any gods before him because he is a jealous god.

Now, there's nothing mysterious about that sentence, it's straightforward so that everyone can understand it.

He's jealous... which one WOULD be jealous if you just replace them with something else.

The sentence makes sense, the context makes sense, and what he is saying makes sense.

Trying to mask the fact that god is not jealous even though he just told you he was is the kind of religious bull**** I can't stand.

Take everything that's good and preach it, but anything that might come off wrong, twist it until it is good.

Don't make excuses for him... he just told you what he is. He's jealous.

Not sure why my name is quoted here, I didnt write any of those replies.

So what you're saying is.. .when he said don't kill... he knows what that means, we know what that means.. ok all good.

When he said don't steal... he knows what that means, we know what thats means.. ok good.

When he says dont commit adultery... he knows what that means, we know what that means (except 1bad)... ok good.

But when he says he is a jealous god... he means something entirely different and we should just figure that out?

No... he knows what that means... we know what that means.... you just dont know what that means.

no you cant take everything literal. for example the thou shall not kill is more than physical. you can kill a mans influence and he would be dead. so there more depth that what you are comprehending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                of course human intelligence wouldn't understand. God isnt human nor is his intelligence that petty
                Of course he's not, he's magical and lives in a magic castle in the sky surrounded by unicorns and rainbows.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                  Not sure why my name is quoted here, I didnt write any of those replies.
                  Sorry about that. Brain fart on my end. I fixed it.

Comment

Of course he's not, he's magical and lives in a magic castle in the sky surrounded by unicorns and rainbows.
                    Come on now. Why the need to be so condescending and insulting? Stuff like this is why people can't have adult discussions about topics like religion.

You can disagree with someone without mocking them. Surely you must know this concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      He may well be, but it's a moot point.

He admits to character flaws. In the 10 Commandments he openly says He is a jealous God.

He gave you life, so He makes the rules.
                      That's not God admitting a character flaw (saying he is a jealous God).

In that verse God is saying he is a jealous God in the sense that he requires exclusive devotion to him (from his followers) and will not tolerate unfaithfulness in the form of worshiping other Gods.

It's equivalent to me saying I'm a jealous husband in the sense I won't tolerate any unfaithfulness from my wife.

In the context of which that was spoken, those humans entering into a committed relationship (as a Nation of people chosen by God).

It's not as if God forced them to worship him. That verse is just God holding them accountable to a choice they made.
                      Last edited by Khalid X; 11-17-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X