Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
    "You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

Not really. Anyway if all these writers who participated in adding content to the bible were able to do so, and worshipers treat those writers' words as the word of the Christian god, I don't see how they can't add more to the bible in modern times via modern writers.
    ahhahahahhahahahhaha..............is that **** true??? hahahahha bro talk about outdated....if they update it them is gonna get replaced by his escalade and his harley.......ahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
      Don't assume I haven't.
      You sound like you haven't read it, because you come off as a smug idiot every time you try and make a point about the bible. Probably trying to compensate for living in the redneck part of Pennsylvania.

Child molestation is not one of the 10 commandments, but stealing bread is.

Dumb AF.
      "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:10

Obviously you haven't read the bible like you should have. You are more than likely regurgitating some crap you read somewhere else trying to come off as if you know what you are talking about.
      Last edited by Enayze; 11-16-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        You sound like you haven't read it, because you come off as a smug idiot every time you try and make a point about the bible. Probably trying to compensate for living in the redneck part of Pennsylvania.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:10

Obviously you haven't read the bible like you should have. You are more than likely regurgitating some crap you read somewhere else trying to come off as if you know what you are talking about.
        Oh sh@t..................

Comment

• I've explained multiple times why I feel the way I do in terms of accepting God's actions. Saying it yet again is pointless. If you haven't figured it out yet, you likely aren't going to.

As for me not addressing your conjecture, live with it. You won't even answer basic questions about the views you stated you have.

You want to have an argument, while I've stated many times (see a pattern yet...) I'm not here to argue. Heck, you won't even answer simple questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            Saying he gave you life, doesnt mean you cannot condemn him.
            Yes, it does. That's what I've stated to you multiple times. Why you refuse to accept it is beyond me.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            I just asked you a question. Once again, you try to worm your way out of it.
            Simple question.
            No, I gave you my answer. Over and over, many times actually on several of your questions.

Now you, you've refused to answer simple questions.

If you were there you would let them die. Because who are you to try and save a child that your God have condemn to death.
            There you go with that conjecture again.

Comment

• Saying he gave you life, doesnt mean you cannot condemn him.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Yes, it does. That's what I've stated to you multiple times. Why you refuse to accept it is beyond me.

Saying "yes it does" doesnt explain your logic at all.

If you have already clearly explained how, please show me the quote.

No arguing, just keeping it nice and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                Ric, you barely know what's going on and haven't a clue who is even right or wrong.
                Let me help you out Ric. The 10 commandments in the Bible are like generalizations of the 613 Mosaic laws that go into more detail. This is another example of Christians only adhering to one part of the Bible, but not another.

Of course a Christian will say that those are pre New Testament and Jesus, but that contradicts with what Jesus said about keeping the old laws with no exception.

There's a lot of things as a Christian you are not allowed to do, it's just that most Christians don't really bother with those laws.

Not to mention the 10 commandments are kind of silly don't you think?

You shall have no other gods before Me.
                You shall not make idols.
                You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
                Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
                Honor your father and your mother.
                You shall not murder.
                You shall not commit adultery.
                You shall not steal.
                You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
                You shall not covet.
                Only 4 of the commandments are really relevant in terms of morality. Covet and steal kind of go hand in hand. Adultery, murder are the only real moral pronouncements.

The others are just the biblical god showing he's kind of petty and jealous. He even says he's a jealous god. You wouldn't think that an all powerful, all knowing being would be affected by such petty human emotions as jealousy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Let me help you out Ric. The 10 commandments in the Bible are like generalizations of the 613 Mosaic laws that go into more detail. This is another example of Christians only adhering to one part of the Bible, but not another.

Of course a Christian will say that those are pre New Testament and Jesus, but that contradicts with what Jesus said about keeping the old laws with no exception.

There's a lot of things as a Christian you are not allowed to do, it's just that most Christians don't really bother with those laws.

Not to mention the 10 commandments are kind of silly don't you think?

Only 4 of the commandments are really relevant in terms of morality. Covet and steal kind of go hand in hand. Adultery, murder are the only real moral pronouncements.

The others are just the biblical god showing he's kind of petty and jealous. He even says he's a jealous god. You wouldn't think that an all powerful, all knowing being would be affected by such petty human emotions as jealousy.
                  Its not human jealousy. Jealous is the word used but really the point is anger. He is angered but another god in place of Him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    Saying he gave you life, doesnt mean you cannot condemn him.
                    Yes, it does. How long are you going to say I can't have the beliefs I do?

Saying "yes it does" doesnt explain your logic at all.

If you have already clearly explained how, please show me the quote.
                    You don't need the quote as you already showed what I said. Now you just have to accept that that is what I believe. Why you refuse to is beyond me.

No arguing, just keeping it nice and simple.
                    Yes, you are. Just accept that we have different beliefs and move on.
                    Last edited by 1bad65; 11-17-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      Its not human jealousy. Jealous is the word used but really the point is anger. He is angered but another god in place of Him.
                      Getting angry when someone replaces you IS jealousy....hahaha

This is the type of rationalization that just blows me away.

Comment

Working...
                      X