Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslim and Christian children are less generous than Atheist ones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Muslim and Christian children are less generous than Atheist ones.

fusion.net/story/228159/study-religious-kids-selfish/

Atheist children? Can they even spell the word atheist?

Comment

Well I did donate $2 to a children's hospital recently...........

Comment

That's very true, churches and mosques tell childrens to share also others moral education. i dont see this kind of intitutions in atheist family and parents often neglect moral education, they often leave the educational part to school and as we all know school did not do enough in moral education.
        Last edited by betmen; 11-05-2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          Atheist children? Can they even spell the word atheist?
          Babies are atheists, right before their parents start teaching them about jesus or allah or whatever god they believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            That's very true, churches and mosques tell childrens to share also others moral education. i dont see this kind of intitutions in atheist family and parents often neglect moral education, they often leave the educational part to school and as we all know school did not do enough in moral education.
            I dont think its true to say atheist families neglect moral teachings. They just dont base morality on ancient religious texts and myths.
            Most kids books have some moral context.

Morality shouldnt be built upon such a unstable, fragile, bizarre foundation like religious faith. It carries with it a massive load of confusing issues ideas.
            Morals and ethics are difficult enough to deal with without the burden of damnation and so-called divine truths.

Comment

Toddlers and stickers.

How about grown ups and money?

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                Toddlers and stickers.

How about grown ups and money?
                I wonder if acts of charity can be counted as altruistic if they believe they will be rewarded in the afterlife?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  I wonder if acts of charity can be counted as altruistic if they believe they will be rewarded in the afterlife?
                  'Believe' is the wrong word IMO, should probably be something more along the lines of 'motivated by'. Many christians give simply to help out those in need. Said Christians know they will be rewarded, but its not their motivation. Their motivation is to help the unfortunate.

At the end of the day tho, giving is better than not giving, regardless of the motives.

Comment

Love thy neighbour doe.

Comment

Working...
                    X