No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sup View Post
    You. I love reading your posts, you have a way about ticking people off.

I'm about the same in real life, to be honest. If someone is calm, polite, and rational, so am I. If they want to get snarky or smug, I can play that game good too.

Let me tell a true story. I'll preface it by saying at this house we had a 'No Soliciting' sign prominently displayed. Despite that, political people came around quite a bit....

So I get a knock and there stands a walking stereotype on my porch. College aged gal, pulled back hippy hair, no make up, Birkenstocks, the full package.

She asks if I'll sign her petition. I ask what it is. She says it's a petition to mandate all businesses that sell batteries to put a battery recycling station in them.

I tell her nicely, "Well we're pro-choice type people". She didn't stop.

Her: Well sir, this gives customers the choice to be able to recycle their batteries.

1bad65: What about the merchants?

Her: Businesses like Apple and Dell did this and their customers liked it.

1bad65: They chose to do that though.

Her: Yes. And it would be great if all the other businesses did the same.

1bad65: Your petition says mandate though.

Her: Yes

1bad65: Mandate....So then there is no choice.

(At this point eyes literally rolled back in her head and she was speechless for a good 10 seconds or so while I stood there smirking)

Her: Sir, I'm not here to debate you. You have a nice day.

1bad65: I am now!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      I'm not. Speak for yourself.

I spoke 100% truth.

Both sides resorted to violence. It is what it is.
      You posted "if they can't handle the truth, it's good they left."

Business people havent deserted Trump because he told the truth.

They have abandoned him because of the perception that he is sympathetic to right wing nutjobs

I mean the guy cant even get a property developer to sit on his infrastructure board ffs

That's like a fox knocking back a seat on the board of KFC

Comment

• If they are short-sighted enough to leave over "perception" when they have the ear of the President of the United States, that's on them.

Trump was asking their input and listening to them on issues that effect their livelihood and industries. He obviously valued their opinions on economic issues.

Pretty stupid to leave over media/political driven nonsense and now have no input.

When you choose to cut off dialogue, you're never going to effect change you want to see.

Comment

If they are short-sighted enough to leave over "perception" when they have the ear of the President of the United States, that's on them.

Trump was asking their input and listening to them on issues that effect their livelihood and industries. He obviously valued their opinions on economic issues.

Pretty stupid to leave over media/political driven nonsense and now have no input.

When you choose to cut off dialogue, you're never going to effect change you want to see.
          Trump doesnt listen to anybody

What's more, he ridicules anyone that disagrees with him

That's ok when it comes to running his own business but a fatal flaw in public life

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Trump doesnt listen to anybody

What's more, he ridicules anyone that disagrees with him

That's ok when it comes to running his own business but a fatal flaw in public life
            If he was as you say, he'd not have succeeded in business.

For starters, the man obviously listened to prople like Kellyanne Conway and other political advisers, that's for sure. And they disagreed at times.

But keep underestimating and making assumptions about him. A gaggle of lifer R politicians and Hillary Clinton did, and we see how that turned out.

Don't change a thing.

Comment

If he was as you say, he'd not have succeeded in business.

For starters, the man obviously listened to prople like Kellyanne Conway and other political advisers, that's for sure. And they disagreed at times.

But keep underestimating and making assumptions about him. A gaggle of lifer R politicians and Hillary Clinton did, and we see how that turned out.

Don't change a thing.
              I've met him

Have you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                I've met him
                So what??

I've met Mark Cuban.

Doesn't mean I know anything about his personality traits other than what I see and hear in the media.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                Have you?
                Nope.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Well that is coincidence because I am not a frequent viewer of CNN or a follower of him.

We are talking just about this incident, not the past 25 years. Yes he has (disavowed), but he has also followed that with an action that makes most rational people question whether he was sincere.

For example, after Disavowing david Duke, he then championed the birther movement questioning whether Obama was an American. After Virginia, he wasn't critical of the white nationalists, then was, then changed back a day later. He gets judged based on all of it, not just one piece.

The election is over, we've all moved well past that. Every criticism of Trump is rooted in his actions, not people being upset he won. He handled this wrong, whether you like him or not.

Had he handled it differently, then we wouldn't be discussing this.

As to his connection, Trump is the President, Americans look to the President after there has been a terror attack or an incident like this. Trump's major criticisms as a candidate was Obama/Hillary response to benghazi and other incidents. he too is being criticized for how he responded.

Just tell me how this is wrong or unfair?
                    it's weird that you and CNN are more upset and troubled over president trump's handling of the situation than the victim's grieving mother who personally thanked him.

i don't care if it's wrong or unfair how he's being criticized, tbh. i care about policy. so react however you like. but let's stop with the bull**** fakery. trump is not going to magically cure your mental illness if he does everything according to the big dunn's playbook. because the left, which you are a proud cuck to be a part of, has made its agenda very clear: assassination or impeachment at all cost.
                    Last edited by John Barron; 08-17-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X