OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      President cuck just does stuff to keep people distracted from the investigation. He only did this to deflect. All of you that voted for him are so shortsighted.
      Rusia talks was created by dems to deflect the blame of losing bigtime against trump

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          This isn't only about coal/energy jobs. You gotta dive deeper than the political talking points.

American manufacturing in my industry has been decimated the last decade or so because of overbearing regulations.

I'm hoping actions like today's can bring those jobs back.
          US manufacturing is currently at an all-time high

I dont know what industry you are in but regulation is likely to be only part of the problem

This is an interesting read

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...93818#comments

BTW, Australia suffers from many of the same problems as the US and many here have been let down similarly by uncaring/incompetent/corrupt governments

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            US manufacturing is currently at an all-time high
            Can you please source that?

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            I dont know what industry you are in but regulation is likely to be only part of the problem
            High tech.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            BTW, Australia suffers from many of the same problems as the US and many here have been let down similarly by uncaring/incompetent/corrupt governments
            Can you please expand on that?

As for the article, I'll read it later. It's late here now, and you've so far provided sources that require my full attention.

Comment

Can you please source that?

High tech.

Can you please expand on that?

As for the article, I'll read it later. It's late here now, and you've so far provided sources that require my full attention.
              https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/OUTMS

I dont know enough about high tech to comment unless software development falls into that category

Australia should be (and was) one of the world's wealthiest countries if for no other reason than our abundant natural resources e.g. one of the world's largest producers of coal, iron ore, gas, gold, diamonds, food, etc etc etc

We also have a highly skilled and educated workforce

Unfortunately, gov'ts have squandered the bounty to a degree whilst also discouraging value add industries (e.g. onshore processing of natural materials) in the name of political expediency

A prime example of this is our gas industry which is on target to be the world's largest producer within the next 12 months.

Rather than being a source of cheap energy AND massive revenues, it is neither as successive governments have done terrible deals resulting in massive shortages in Australia and the loss of tens (if not hundreds) of billions

It is a complete farce and we have effectively handed a massive advantage to our trading partner when they should be begging us (and paying an appropriate premium) for access to our resources
              Last edited by Tomjas; 06-02-2017, 01:20 AM.

Comment

For example, in 2008, coal fuelled power plants generated roughly 50% of the US' needs whilst the country produced 1.2 billion tons of coal

Today, they generate just over 25% and the country produces approximately 725 million tons of coal
                you dont need a treaty to accomplish this.

They, politicians in the usa, even stated themselves that in CAN be done at state levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  you dont need a treaty to accomplish this.

They, politicians in the usa, even stated themselves that in CAN be done at state levels.
                  QFT

After we didn't get into the Kyoto treaty, our emissions still went down.

As to the States handling it, spot on. The 10th Amendment is clear. If liberal States want to kill off their jobs and jack up prices their consumers pay for things like cars, energy, etc, let them do it. But dont let the Federal Government screw all 50 States with ridiculous treaties like this and other Federal regs and mandates.

Comment

QFT

After we didn't get into the Kyoto treaty, our emissions still went down.

As to the States handling it, spot on. The 10th Amendment is clear. If liberal States want to kill off their jobs and jack up prices their consumers pay for things like cars, energy, etc, let them do it. But dont let the Federal Government screw all 50 States with ridiculous treaties like this and other Federal regs and mandates.
                    thats why some people still dont even understand the concept of "small goverment"

Comment

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/OUTMS

I dont know enough about high tech to comment unless software development falls into that category

Australia should be (and was) one of the world's wealthiest countries if for no other reason than our abundant natural resources e.g. one of the world's largest producers of coal, iron ore, gas, gold, diamonds, food, etc etc etc

We also have a highly skilled and educated workforce

Unfortunately, gov'ts have squandered the bounty to a degree whilst also discouraging value add industries (e.g. onshore processing of natural materials) in the name of political expediency

A prime example of this is our gas industry which is on target to be the world's largest producer within the next 12 months.

Rather than being a source of cheap energy AND massive revenues, it is neither as successive governments have done terrible deals resulting in massive shortages in Australia and the loss of tens (if not hundreds) of billions

It is a complete farce and we have effectively handed a massive advantage to our trading partner when they should be begging us (and paying an appropriate premium) for access to our resources
                      A better expansion on US manufacturing rather than a single point statistic

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...really-booming

When most people (particularly the ones vocal about these policies) are talking about manufacturing, they're not talking about manufacturing value, rather, they're talking about manufacturing jobs. Regulations directly affect cost of operations, there is no arguing that. Manufacturing jobs are most affected by those jobs being outsourced to countries with less regulation, and cheaper labor costs.

Comment

Working...
                      X