Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Oh really?

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...nemployment-r/

"If you look at what’s going on in this country, African-American youth is an example: 59 percent unemployment rate; 59 percent,
    " Trump said.

"If you look at what’s going on with Latinos, Hispanics - tremendous unemployment rates. You look at what’s going on with so many groups. We’re going to make it great for everyone. We’re going to bring jobs back to our country."

The 59 percent unemployment rate for black youths caught our attention. We wondered if Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, is right.

The latest figures from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics pegged the unemployment rate for blacks, ages 16 to 19, at 27.1 percent in May.

Statistics provided. I don't expect you accept these facts. You're a perfect example of an uniformed and misinformed Trump supporter.
    From that same article:

Sinclair told us Trump’s percentage probably comes from a Bureau of Labor Statistics statistic called the "employment-population ratio." This is a figure that gauges employed people, age 16 and older, as a percentage of the entire population of adults.

In May, the bureau said the employment-population ratio for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 41.5 percent. Flipped over, that would mean that the unemployment ratio - although such a statistic is not published by the bureau - would be 58.5 percent. That’s pretty close to the 59 percent figure Trump cited, Sinclair noted.

but yea keep thinking im uninformed just because I can actually think for myself and you also dont understand what sarcasm is yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      From that same article:

Sinclair told us Trump’s percentage probably comes from a Bureau of Labor Statistics statistic called the "employment-population ratio." This is a figure that gauges employed people, age 16 and older, as a percentage of the entire population of adults.

In May, the bureau said the employment-population ratio for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 41.5 percent. Flipped over, that would mean that the unemployment ratio - although such a statistic is not published by the bureau - would be 58.5 percent. That’s pretty close to the 59 percent figure Trump cited, Sinclair noted.

but yea keep thinking im uninformed just because I can actually think for myself and you also dont understand what sarcasm is yet.
      You have absolutely no reading comprehension. Trump was using statistics from another subject and using it as the unemployment percentage for black youth. Which means he lied about it.The article clearly states that but you're apparently too stupid to understand it.

There is no sarcasm in the way you swing on Trumps nuts. So stop lying.

But continue to show your ignorance and stupidity like 90 percent of the people who support the man who will never be president.

Comment

You have absolutely no reading comprehension. Trump was using statistics from another subject and using it as the unemployment percentage for black youth. Which means he lied about it.The article clearly states that but you're apparently too stupid to understand it.

There is no sarcasm in the way you swing on Trumps nuts. So stop lying.

But continue to show your ignorance and stupidity like 90 percent of the people who support the man who will never be president.
        You dont even know what to write theres like 3 deleted posts from you with my quotes smh....

again from that said artile you provided... we are talking about youth african american unemployment rate are we not?

"In May, the bureau said the employment-population ratio for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 41.5 percent."

but they specifically targeted 16-19.... when most 16-19 dont even work full time.

also... im not voting for trump btw

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          You dont even know what to write theres like 3 deleted posts from you with my quotes smh....

again from that said artile you provided... we are talking about youth african american unemployment rate are we not?

"In May, the bureau said the employment-population ratio for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 41.5 percent."

but they specifically targeted 16-19.... when most 16-19 dont even work full time.

also... im not voting for trump btw
          No, we are talking about Trump manipulating statistics. Apparently you didn't read the entire article so I'll post it again and highlight what you should be looking at.

But there are differences between the ratio and the widely used unemployment rate, which Trump used in citing the percentage.

The unemployment rate reflects the number of jobless people who are actively seeking work as a percentage of the available workforce - defined as those who have jobs or trying to find one.

The May unemployment rate for blacks ages 16 to 24 was 18.7 percent. The rate for whites in the same age group was 9.1 percent.

The employment-population ratio is a far broader measure that counts all civilians in its equation - even those who don’t work and aren’t looking for a job. In the 16- to 24-year-old category, it includes high school and college students who are not employed or seeking jobs.

Clearly, black youths have a harder time finding work than whites. But Trump exaggerates the issue through his misleading use of statistics.

Did you conveniently ignore that part of it?

Whether you're voting for Trump or not, you swing on his nuts enough to call you one of his supporters
          Last edited by joseph5620; 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The employment-population ratio is a far broader measure that counts all civilians in its equation - even those who don’t work and aren’t looking for a job. In the 16- to 24-year-old category, it includes high school and college students who are not employed or seeking jobs.
            [/I][/I]
            You have to take into account all those that are not even working/or even looking for work.

and dont forget labor force participation rate.

you typed it for me thank you.

Comment

• Get them to take education seriously then

Comment

• Why will none of you address these staggering crime statistics from NYC?

This is the result of such high unemployment, and lack of education rates...

What is racist about simply pointing this out?

FFS - regarding rape, Whites are the victims TWICE as much as they are the offender... Something is seriously wrong with that.

And it needs to be addressed. But nobody will start het conversation for fear of being called bigot, and racist, and a neo-nazi who wants to kill six million jews, and enslave all other races.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  "Hey black people vote for the party that seems to give even less f#cks about you than the party you vote for...what could go wrong with that genius move"
                  This is faulty logic. It isn't supposed to matter whether a "party" gives a **** about someone or not. Do black ppl need to be coddled or something?

You do not need a politician to "care" about you. You simply need them to enact policies or lackthereof [other than repealing existing laws, regulations] that get out of a individuals way economically so he/she can start a business much easier without all the barriers to entry. Or just simply keep more of their own earnings without having the govt take a big chunk out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think pandering is a large part of politics these days unfortunately.

And **** I'm not saying the democrats are heros to black people only that they are the lesser evil & arguably the lesser evil for anyone who's net worth is under $1M.
                    So parasiting off of other ppl indirectly, by robbing Peter to pay Paul is the lesser of two evils?

Personally, I think that saying...vote for me and I will tax your richer neighbor and give you some of his stuff through govt programs is the bigger evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                      A lot of truth in what Trump says that libs can hardly claim any success at progressing the AA community, but look at the Caribbean for how it could be worse. Haiti they are on few buck a day and living with cholera, typhoid, hepatitis and dengue fever.
                      In the fall of 2010, months after a devastating earthquake struck Haiti, a new disaster began: a cholera outbreak that killed thousands of people and continues to sicken people across the country.

Experts determined that the source of the disease was a U.N. peacekeeping camp. And now, nearly six years later, the United Nations has admitted it played some role in the deadly outbreak.
                      http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...lled-thousands

Comment

Working...
                      X