No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Gold is looking pretty good right now. I might pick up 10k.
    IMF predicting slow downs for the rest of this year and next year.

Stocks fell hard today too.

Nervousness had been building for days on Wall Street. The catalyst was the recent spike in the yield on a closely watched government bond to a seven-year high.

The 10-year Treasury note -- whose key rate impacts the pricing on things ranging from fixed-rate mortgages to stocks to virtually every financial asset on the planet -- recently climbed above 3.25 percent for the first time since May 2011. And when you add the threat of higher borrowing costs on things like houses and cars and corporate debt to the economic obstacles caused by the U.S. trade war with China, all it takes is a whiff of weakness to set a major sell-off in motion.

Comment

Gold is looking pretty good right now. I might pick up 10k.
      I bought some physical gold & silver last week plus took some cash out and put it all in the safe

Nobody carries anything physical anymore (I can go weeks at a time without any cash on me as everything is tap & go) and don’t want my family caught short in the unlikely event of a liquidity problem

Comment

• The Wall Street bull got bloodied and battered Wednesday as the stock market suffered its biggest sell-off since February.

Investors bailed out of the market as fears about the economic fallout caused by rising interest rates and the U.S. trade conflict with China spooked them.

Technology stocks, which had been leading the market higher for most of 2018 and had gotten pricey, were the hardest hit. The tech-dominated Nasdaq composite fell 4.1 percent.

"These developments are telling us that the investment environment has become riskier," says Ed Yardeni, chief investment strategist at Yardeni Research.

The Dow Jones industrial average plunged nearly 832 points, or 3.2 percent, to 25,599. The performance marked the blue-chip average's worst one-day decline since a drop of more than 1,000 points on Feb. 8. Growing concerns about the impact of higher borrowing costs on corporate earnings and consumer spending prompted investors to dump shares.
        https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rs/1588915002/

Folks bailing. Let's see if they were right to sell this early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
          I bought some physical gold & silver last week plus took some cash out and put it all in the safe

Nobody carries anything physical anymore (I can go weeks at a time without any cash on me as everything is tap & go) and don’t want my family caught short in the unlikely event of a liquidity problem
          I have a lot of silver and cash on hand in my safes. I may just buy some gold tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rs/1588915002/

Folks bailing. Let's see if they were right to sell this early.
            I think the market will bounce back. This is all about rates.
            Either way there will be a time when it does crash like it always does I just don't think we're there yet.
            Investors trying to scare the fed.

Comment

I think the market will bounce back. This is all about rates.
              Either way there will be a time when it does crash like it always does I just don't think we're there yet.
              Investors trying to scare the fed.
              Fed aint seem to be backing down. As long as the job numbers keep getting positive, they keep hinting at raising the rates to prevent inflation overshooting their 2% target.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Fed aint seem to be backing down. As long as the job numbers keep getting positive, they keep hinting at raising the rates to prevent inflation overshooting their 2% target.
                If we see another big loss tomorrow I think they'll rethink it.

Comment

If we see another big loss tomorrow I think they'll rethink it.
                  Who says real life is boring, eh?

Comment

• Assuming GDP growth continues as predicted, it's even more impressive us seeing 4%+ GDP growth in the face of rising interest rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Assuming GDP growth continues as predicted, it's even more impressive us seeing 4%+ GDP growth in the face of rising interest rates.
                      True it does need to be done at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X