OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Put another way:

Would you rather earn $15.00 per hour and pay a 25% tax rate, or make $14.97 per hour and pay a 22% tax rate. (And this ain't even accounting for the doubling of the standard deduction on top of the rate cut)

You tell me.
    The tax cut for workers is only for a year and a half. Corporate tax cuts (that only benefit the super rich) are permanent.

On top of that, this adds $1.5 trillion on to the debt. It has already added over $97 billion to the national debt. Future taxes will have to be higher to pay for this corporate tax cut. Along with cuts to programs that benefit the middle and working class.

Do not forget Obama took over in the middle of the Great Recession. Before the stimulus went into effect, unemployment was at 10%. This was after 8 years of major tax cuts for the rich and a slash in regulations. When Obama left office, unemployment was at 4.7%. And Obamacare raised taxes on corporations quite a bit. And then Obama again raised taxes on the top tax bracket in 2014. And with these tax hikes unemployment went from 10% to 4.7%. People would rather have a job than no job at all.

And most people would prefer to work 40 hours a week and make enough to live on. Lower wages is not a good thing. Longer hours is not a good thing. Most people would prefer to be able to be home with the family, to be able to cook supper for the family, than work 60 hours a week.

Oh, and health insurance is more because Republicans refuse to pay insurance companies the money they were promised to help set initial premiums. And they took away the individual mandate (which the mandate was a Republican idea). Now people pay much more in health insurance. And since Trump pulled out of the Iran deal, that has caused gas prices to jump.

Increases in prices for gas and healthcare are more than the few dollars a week from the TEMPORARY tax cuts. However corporations, and the richest people, will save billions. They just won't raise wages or do anything else to have that wealth "trickle-down".

Go on though, keep trying to convince people that less money and longer hours are what they secretly want.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      I am asking you about anything you usually buy.
      Have you noticed price increases?
      Nothing unusual.

Gas is up, but that’s about it in my area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        The tax cut for workers is only for a year and a half. Corporate tax cuts (that only benefit the super rich) are permanent.

On top of that, this adds $1.5 trillion on to the debt. It has already added over $97 billion to the national debt. Future taxes will have to be higher to pay for this corporate tax cut. Along with cuts to programs that benefit the middle and working class.

Do not forget Obama took over in the middle of the Great Recession. Before the stimulus went into effect, unemployment was at 10%. This was after 8 years of major tax cuts for the rich and a slash in regulations. When Obama left office, unemployment was at 4.7%. And Obamacare raised taxes on corporations quite a bit. And then Obama again raised taxes on the top tax bracket in 2014. And with these tax hikes unemployment went from 10% to 4.7%. People would rather have a job than no job at all.

And most people would prefer to work 40 hours a week and make enough to live on. Lower wages is not a good thing. Longer hours is not a good thing. Most people would prefer to be able to be home with the family, to be able to cook supper for the family, than work 60 hours a week.

Oh, and health insurance is more because Republicans refuse to pay insurance companies the money they were promised to help set initial premiums. And they took away the individual mandate (which the mandate was a Republican idea). Now people pay much more in health insurance. And since Trump pulled out of the Iran deal, that has caused gas prices to jump.

Increases in prices for gas and healthcare are more than the few dollars a week from the TEMPORARY tax cuts. However corporations, and the richest people, will save billions. They just won't raise wages or do anything else to have that wealth "trickle-down".

Go on though, keep trying to convince people that less money and longer hours are what they secretly want.
        Try again.

The question was an either-or question.

Give me you answer; A or B

I don't need a War & Peace size post that ducked the question. Just a simple answer.

$15.00 an hour taxed at 25%, or
        $14.97 an hour taxed at 22%?

Which option would you rather have?
        Last edited by 1bad65; 06-15-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

For clarity:

Would you rather earn $15.00 per hour and pay a 25% tax rate, or make $14.97 per hour and pay a 22% tax rate. (And this ain't even accounting for the doubling of the standard deduction on top of the rate cut)

You tell me.
          See above post.

Keep trying though.

Would you rather work 40 hours a week and make enough to live on or would you rather work 60 hours a week and make a tiny bit more??? Parents don't want their kids to get out of school to an empty home. They really don't.

Also, what needs to be gutted for these tax cuts?

We were told during the Bush tax cuts, that they would pay for themselves, so no one would have to give up anything.

Communities across the nation have has city pools, rec. centers, youth sports leagues, and other programs eliminated. College tuition has skyrocketed, because states now have less money, so states cut funding to public colleges. They use to pay roughly two thirds of the cost. Now the govt. pays one third.

Families would rather make $15 an hour and not have to pay twice as much for their kids to go to college. They would rather have sports and rec. centers for their kids to go to.

It is odd, that a few years after we got rid of all these programs for kids, for the working class, for the middle class, that an opioid epidemic began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            See above post.

Keep trying though.
            A need an answer.

Or a concession I've offered up a checkmate question you don't want to answer.

If you're only capable of one-way dialogue, ie me answering your points and questions while you duck mine, I'll take that as a concession of the debate on your end and put you on Ignore and I won't have to see your ducking, mimicking, and cheerleading in the future.

If you're here for two-way debate, I'm your huckleberry.

Again;

A. $15 an hour taxed at 25%
            B. $14.97 an hour taxed at 22%

So we know it's not a trick question, and for clarity, I choose Option B.

What's your choice, A or B?

Comment

A need an answer.

Or a concession I've offered up a checkmate question you don't want to answer.

If you're only capable of one-way dialogue, ie me answering your points and questions while you duck mine, I'll take that as a concession of the debate on your end and put you on Ignore and I won't have to see your ducking, mimicking, and cheerleading in the future.

If you're here for two-way debate, I'm your huckleberry.

Again;

A. $15 an hour taxed at 25%
              B. $14.97 an hour taxed at 22%

So we know it's not a trick question, and for clarity, I choose Option B.

What's your choice, A or B?
              Lol what a square.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                ok fellas..... what the hell is going on here with mcc?????

did he answer his own question or did someone forget to switch accounts or something

post 2132

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                You telling me the deep state can listen to us thru the microphone on our phones but they can't simply change vote totals to stop Trump from winning?

Russia was able to hack voter rolls in several states but our own deep state can't?
                I quoted myself because I thought of that after I posted the original. Harder to edit on a phone than a laptop

Comment

You do realize this IG report totally vindicates Trump in his firing of Comey, don't you?
                  Why would you ask me that question when I said the same thing yesterday and you quoted me saying it?

The caveat is it vindicated Rosenstein's memo. But there were earlier drafts, which we haven't seen but Mueller has. And Trump himself said he decided to fire Comey "because of the Russia thing" before the Rosenstein memo.

Comment

• Steve makes $15.00 an hour and is taxed at 25%.

Adam makes $14.97 an hour and is taxed at 22%.

Who has more take home pay, Steve or Adam?

It's a stumper, ain't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      I quoted myself because I thought of that after I posted the original. Harder to edit on a phone than a laptop
                      oh ok I was like da fuq?

Comment

Working...
                      X