Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I was hoping you'd point that out.

Yes, Clinton both raised and cut taxes.

The tax cuts resulted in higher GDP growth, and even lower deficits, than the tax increases did.

Explain that, please....
    Clinton raised the top marginal rate, the economic growth in the 90s was superior to that of the 80's, fact.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    First, sourse that.

Second, if it took 8 years to get back to where it started (and remember it fell during those 8 years), that's really nothing to brag about.
    https://qz.com/1075337/median-househ...rose-to-59039/

Considering it was the biggest financial meltdown since the great depression I'd say it's a good achievement.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You also failed to answer the first question I asked about the cause of the Reagan boom. Please get to that.
    Which Reagan boom? growth during the 70s and 90s was higher than the Reagan years, and before then it was even higher (40s-70s), those years had much higher taxes than the Reagan years.

Tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires will just give them a windfall and accelerate the gap between the rich and poor. LOL at anyone thinking wages will rise, why would they? If they don't rise when corporate profits are at an all time high they won't rise if they're granted even more in tax cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Clinton raised the top marginal rate, the economic growth in the 90s was superior to that of the 80's, fact.
      You didn't address my point that the growth and revenue was greater after the Clinton tax cuts than after the Clinton tax increases.

You just repeated yourself.

Please address that point.

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Considering it was the biggest financial meltdown since the great depression I'd say it's a good achievement.
      So 7 years of falling wages and 8 years of 2% GDP growth is "good"??

You have low standards.

Which Reagan boom? growth during the 70s and 90s was higher than the Reagan years, and before then it was even higher (40s-70s), those years had much higher taxes than the Reagan years.
      We've been over this. Please keep up.

Reagan saw household incomes rise, and quarterly GDP growth over 7%.

Contrast that to Obama's falling wages and 2% GDP growth.

There's no comparison, no matter how many times you repeat yourself like a broken record.

Tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires will just give them a windfall and accelerate the gap between the rich and poor. LOL at anyone thinking wages will rise, why would they?
      Wages rose in the 80s.

You're not keeping up.

You're too busy copy-and-pasting DNC talking points and missing the facts being debated.

You need to try and keep up here.

Facts > talking points

Comment

• You've still not addressed the cause of the Reagan boom, ie the increases in GDP and revenue.

You first said the increases in GDP and revenue wasn't caused by tax cuts. When then asked what caused it, you then denied it happened.

Please answer that and quitting ducking and dodging.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...off/972960001/

U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cutoff

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...off/972960001/

U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cutoff
            Still waiting for someone to tell me how this is supposed to benefit the American people.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Still waiting for someone to tell me how this is supposed to benefit the American people.
              I don't get it either but I guess we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                You've still not addressed the cause of the Reagan boom, ie the increases in GDP and revenue.

You first said the increases in GDP and revenue wasn't caused by tax cuts. When then asked what caused it, you then denied it happened.

Please answer that and quitting ducking and dodging.
                Never said that, just bringing up what the experts have concluded, that there's no evidence slashing taxes boosts GDP.

What clinton tax cuts? Capital gains? The other tax increases eclipsed that, and the economy still grew.

How did GDP growth surpass Reagan's in spite of higher taxes?

Comment

• https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2017/12/19/the-new-tax-plan-is-the-worst-christmas-present-for-the-middle-class/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Never said that, just bringing up what the experts have concluded, that there's no evidence slashing taxes boosts GDP.
                    So for the fourth time, what then caused the increases?

What clinton tax cuts? Capital gains? The other tax increases eclipsed that, and the economy still grew.
                    Yes, the Capital Gains tax cuts.

You're still not addressing my point

The economy and revenue grew more after the tax cuts that it did after the tax increases.

Again, why is that?

How did GDP growth surpass Reagan's in spite of higher taxes?
                    I'm going to need that sourced.

You said GDP increased more in the 1970s than in the 1980s and that's false.

You're presenting bad data.

Please get with the program and stop repeating yourself and ignoring the facts I'm bringing to the table.

Comment

• 1bad, how come you keep your visitors messages turned off? also, how many people do you have on ignore?

Comment

Working...
                      X