No announcement yet.

11-year-old Tennessee boy shoots 8-year-old girl over argument about puppy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Well stats show that if you have a gun in your home, the chances of you being shot does go up.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ot-and-killed/
    i have no idea the details of that study.

the 1st thing that pops to mind is no mention of whether the ppl have carrying concealed weapons permits.

i have a feeling they are counting criminals, gang members, drug dealers, etc. carrying guns. those groups are higher risk of getting shot.

they did something similar with "MORE LIKELY TO BE KILLED WITH YOUR OWN GUN THAN USE IT FOR SELF DEFENSE" studies.

they were counting suicides. of course it'll be their gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      it'll drup gun violence not necessarily violence itself.

might take a generation or two though. 300 million guns in america.

and even then there will still be illegal guns by criminals.

show me stats that bare this out

all statistics are to the contrary. australia, great britain, all disarmed and saw rates of violence and murders drop. this was among "criminals" regular folsk, whichever.

you'll have gun lobbyists / idiots post a sample from 12 people in the next 3.5 days that says there was a 1000000% increase in crime in new south bungalo. they think it's legit. they may or may not be prison-educated.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        i have no idea the details of that study.

the 1st thing that pops to mind is no mention of whether the ppl have carrying concealed weapons permits.

i have a feeling they are counting criminals, gang members, drug dealers, etc. carrying guns. those groups are higher risk of getting shot.

they did something similar with "MORE LIKELY TO BE KILLED WITH YOUR OWN GUN THAN USE IT FOR SELF DEFENSE" studies.

they were counting suicides. of course it'll be their gun.
        Well I mean common sense dictates that if there is a gun in the house, the chances of someone being shot by it goes up comparing that to a household without a gun.

You can't shoot yourself without a gun right? Think about how many kids shot themselves and/or their siblings every year.

Comment

we had a f#cking mong in another thread tell us that "epopel will just build bombs," as if that's a smart thing to say

do you ahve any idea how difficult it is to makea bomb? how easy it is to buy a gun, ammunition, and shoot sombody? how about buy a knife and stab people? there's a variation, i assure you.

Comment

This **** makes me sick.

Comment

Absolutely shocking

Comment

Well I mean common sense dictates that if there is a gun in the house, the chances of someone being shot by it goes up comparing that to a household without a gun.

You can't shoot yourself without a gun right? Think about how many kids shot themselves and/or their siblings every year.

congress actually blocks the fed [an organization called the center for disease control, acutally,] from researching and reporting statistics about gun violence, accidents, etc.

congress is definitely on the up and up. they dont, like cater to big business and interest groups like the NRA.

and the NRA doesn't fund right wing campaigns. and the NRA doesn't benefit from those politics.

"A 1999 Fortune magazine survey said that lawmakers and their staffers considered the NRA the most powerful lobbying organization three years in a row.[7]"

blind, stupid people. have some guns.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  show me stats that bare this out

all statistics are to the contrary. australia, great britain, all disarmed and saw rates of violence and murders drop. this was among "criminals" regular folsk, whichever.

you'll have gun lobbyists / idiots post a sample from 12 people in the next 3.5 days that says there was a 1000000% increase in crime in new south bungalo. they think it's legit. they may or may not be prison-educated.
                  australia disarmed 1996.

here's a graph which began 1996.

show me this massive drop because of it.

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/violent%20crime.html

Comment

let's find statistics that demonstrate a consistency in rates of violence, murder, etc, between america and other, unarmed developed countries.

you won't find them, because the numbers bare out the exact opposite. more guns, more violence. america has the most guns of any civilized nation. and it has the most murders of any civlized nation.

muh guns does

Comment

it's suicide, bud.

to count that is quite deceptive.

Comment

Working...
                      X