Flowing water found on Mars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    I'd love to fly through space in a little bubble with a baggie of j's
    My brother told me about some documentary, a Russian cosmonaut and an American were in space, it was the Americans first time in space.

The Russian said just close your eyes and float. Said it was insane.

It was some mission on ISS, jerking each other off in space.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I watch Ancient Aliens too. Seen every episode. It's a guilty pleasure.
      Ancient Aliens is ****ing hilarious. Even more hilarious The History Channel airs it.

Comment

NASA announces they've found water on mars every few years to get people interested in NASA.

This is really kind of lame. The pictures that are making the news today are from 2011 and people have been talking about this since then too.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Ancient Aliens is ****ing hilarious. Even more hilarious The History Channel airs it.
          It's great isn't it? Like giorgio's hair, it gets more absurd by the episode, I can't get enough!

"Is such a thing even possible...?

the answer, is a resounding YES"

Comment

Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
            See, 2011:

This series of images shows warm-season features that might be evidence of salty liquid water active on Mars today. Evidence for that possible interpretation is presented in a report by McEwen et al. in the Aug. 5, 2011, edition of Science. read more here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/MR.../pia14472.html

Some of those authors had a publication from 2011 in Science https://sciencescape.org/paper/21817049 as well.

I don't know why the media, NASA, are acting like this is something they just discovered just now when they've known about this at least since 2011 if not before.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              NASA announces they've found water on mars every few years to get people interested in NASA.

This is really kind of lame. The pictures that are making the news today are from 2011 and people have been talking about this since then too.
              Yeah i was confused as i thought they found ice caps and evidence of once flowing salt water on mars ages ago?

I think they're just attention whores, it must get their twitter buzzing at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                Yeah i was confused as i thought they found ice caps and evidence of once flowing salt water on mars ages ago?

I think they're just attention whores, it must get their twitter buzzing at least.
                yeah that's it. They've announced water on mars for like 20 years now, I remember hearing about this when I was a teenager on national news. lol same story all these years later.

NASA: "We discovered water on mars!"
                PEOPLE: "Holy **** that's awesome! Wait, I thought we discovered this before?"
                NASA: "Well yeah, but this is different, now we actually see pictures of what looks like some type of liquid!"
                PEOPLE: "Oh. So you haven't actually like, collected any of this water or anything?"
                NASA: "No, no, just pictures! Listen to us, it's all still very cool, we promise! Just check our website!"
                PEOPLE: "Yeah. Sure. Maybe later".

(5 years passes)

NASA: "OMG we just discovered water on mars!"
                PEOPLE: "Sweet dude!"

Comment

Mars is on PED's. NASA has known about it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    See, 2011:

This series of images shows warm-season features that might be evidence of salty liquid water active on Mars today. Evidence for that possible interpretation is presented in a report by McEwen et al. in the Aug. 5, 2011, edition of Science. read more here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/MR.../pia14472.html

Some of those authors had a publication from 2011 in Science https://sciencescape.org/paper/21817049 as well.

I don't know why the media, NASA, are acting like this is something they just discovered just now when they've known about this at least since 2011 if not before.
                    Did you try to look into why they are making a big noise about it all of a sudden?

From what i understand, the photos and notions they had about water actually flowing on present day Mars was just an idea that they only now have been able to confirm with new data.
                    The photos from 2011 showing dark streaks appearing has now been seen happening on dozens of different sites and the previous belief water was flowing because of salt has now been found out to be true. So, they have figured out the mystery of the dark streaks.

They didnt actually know for certain water was flowing until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
                      Do we have better pics yet?

I can't see much detail. It looks like a close up of the turds I dropped in the toilet this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X