No announcement yet.

Cultural Marxism: Why a Black James Bond is insulting to Everybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    The uproar is from the same people who made an uproar about Bale as Moses(and an all white cast for that matter). It's not about black hatred, it's about laziness in Hollywood. Why be so uncreative with films, wanting to just take an existing character and just voila, changing him/her up from black to white or white to black or from male to female, or straght to gay. No creativity at all, that's what you are defending.

Why not remake Shaft with him?
    There's a black Green Lantern, who is possibly the best GL out of all of them, why not make a GL movie with him?
    Here is a tough one: How about a completely new story with a completely new character?

Why do we have to change races, genders, sexuality? Because 2015 is the year for all the bull**** so Hollywood has to capitilize on it? Just like "the world is ending" type of news and Hollywood immediately capitilitzes on that **** and people eat in to it. Just like this, you got your group that are eating right into Hollywood's bull****.
    Although I could give two fuks about who's black and who isn't in a movie like James Bond. This is a damn good post with a great point. Well done to sir.

Comment

• My most successful thread in terms of activity. Maybe I need to change my M.O.

Comment

• racists still upset their precious fake character could have black skin.

Absolutely disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
          racists still upset their precious fake character could have black skin.

Absolutely disgusting.
          So you'd have no problem if MLK or Al Sharpton were played by a white guy?.

Comment

Absolutely disgusting.
            I don't think it automatically makes someone racist if a fan of a certain character is upset because their favorite character completely changed. Imagine, people were used to a character being a certain way for so long, then all of a sudden, you change the character's race, or gender, or their clothing, etc. etc. Many people would understandably be upset.

Imagine Apollo Creed from Rocky being turned into a white character. I bet many fans would be weirded out or upset since they're used to him being African American.

Or how about Guile from the fighting game series, Street Fighter, being turned into an African American or Asian American. Literally the entire world is used to him being a White American and I know many people would be annoyed by the change.

How about Batman? Bruce Wayne is a white guy. Imagine if he got edited and turned into an Asian guy. Yeah, I bet people would be pissed.

That's just how it is.
            Last edited by Ruthless One; 09-13-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• "Cultural Marxism" never delivered either culture or entertainment, it delivered marxism only.
              If blacks, yellows, etc want their James Bond, then they have to build such a brand by themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                So you'd have no problem if MLK or Al Sharpton were played by a white guy?.
                ^^^ Obviously doesn't see the difference between a fictional character vs a historical figure.

What a stupid comparison....smh

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  "Cultural Marxism" never delivered either culture or entertainment, it delivered marxism only.
                  If blacks, yellows, etc want their James Bond, then they have to build such a brand by themselves.
                  Once again, MDPop raining wisdom down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
                    ^^^ Obviously doesn't see the difference between a fictional character vs a historical figure.

What a stupid comparison....smh
                    Yea not a good comparison but I think you get the point. What if they re-made Fresh Prince of Belair with an all white family. Casting Justin Bieber as Will, a street wise brash product of the Philadelphia ghetto. You would rightly complain, that although there is white people that make up the culture in the ghetto, it is largely representative of mostly black people. Casting a white, rebel in Justin Bieber would not even be on the same level of artistry that Will Smith was as the black rebel that made people of all races come together and laugh. Idris Elba has that James Bond swagger, but being James Bond is like being Bruce Wayne/Batman. It takes more then just your presence as an actor. You really have to fit the profile to a T for audiences to buy the story. The idea that people on here are saying you must be a racist if you disagree with Idris being cast as James Bond is preposterous. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'd be intrigued with the idea of two production companies having the rights to James Bond like in the 70's and competing against one another. It'd be cool to see two different universes of Bond movies at the same moment of time with Elba in one and Fassbender in the other. And one more defense of the ridiculous race card being pulled, I don't think Tom Hardy would be a good bond. He is a phenomenal actor and hails from the same nation, but he doesn't fit the profile of Bond.

Comment

Absolutely disgusting.
                      Hey moron quit ducking my question

Would you be upset if Shaft, Fat Albert, Luke Cage and Black Panther were played by white guys? Were you upset with cast of Exodus?

See people like you want characters to be turned black but are the first ones to ***** and moan if a character got white washed. And that right there is disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X