No announcement yet.

10 things you need to know about the Sandra Bland stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 things you need to know about the Sandra Bland stop

A few points and rights she exercised that the cop violated.

1 - He asked her to put out her cigarette. She didn't have to

2 - He asked her to step out of the car. She doesn't have to

3 - She said she refused to talk to him, outside of identifying herself. She was within her rights.

4 - He threatens to "yank" her out of the car, he cannot do that.

5 - He then grabs her, and she tells him not to touch her because she's NOT under arrest. He then says she is, and she asks what for. He refuses to tell her, and he has to under the law.

Read or listen to the rest here:

http://www.texasstandard.org/shows/c...n-should-know/

Young woman ended up dying in the custody of the police. Story was that she killed herself in the cell.

Another issue is that the dash cam video seems to be edited in some way.

Unfortunately this happens all the time.
    Fortunately,with the proliferation of dash cams ,body cams the cell phones,we are privy to it.
    Before it was he say/officers say.

Comment

she was a known black activist which makes it even more fishy something else happened because no way she would of committed suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
        she was a known black activist which makes it even more fishy something else happened because no way she would of committed suicide.
        The fact the video seems to be edited, makes it really suspicious. She was 28, successful and had no history of mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          A few points and rights she exercised that the cop violated.

1 - He asked her to put out her cigarette. She didn't have to

2 - He asked her to step out of the car. She doesn't have to

3 - She said she refused to talk to him, outside of identifying herself. She was within her rights.

4 - He threatens to "yank" her out of the car, he cannot do that.

5 - He then grabs her, and she tells him not to touch her because she's NOT under arrest. He then says she is, and she asks what for. He refuses to tell her, and he has to under the law.

You're absolutely correct.........

Comment

Edited or not. Everything he does is wrong. No one says you can't be an ******* to a cop. I am against any fool who physically assaults a cop because it's just the stupid thing to do. In this case she was being disruptive, but by no means was she breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Edited or not. Everything he does is wrong. No one says you can't be an ******* to a cop. I am against any fool who physically assaults a cop because it's just the stupid thing to do. In this case she was being disruptive, but by no means was she breaking the law.
              One of the things people fail to realize and why he was put on leave, is that cops are trained to de-escalate situations. He did the complete opposite, he made things worse.

I don't think she was that out of line, considering the way the cops was talking to her and how he was threatening her.

I wonder what will come of the investigation. I think something bad is going to surface.

Comment

I have no problem with the stop and the arrest. Some ppl nowadays believe that the rules don't apply to them.

Now she was 3 days in jail which would be excessive but the full details are not out while she was encarcerated

Comment

Failure to use a turn signal IS actually an arrestable offense in Texas. He was going to give her a warning, but her attitude caused him to give her the full treatment.

I don't really feel bad for her. She was being a **** and got disciplined. She probably killed herself for the cause.

Comment

No **** that pig. He told her to put out her cigarette like wtf? Then he wouldn't tell her why she's under arrest and then he took her down. That guy was a sack of ****, wouldn't mind if he got run over standing at her window.

It sucks that there are good cops out there who catch a bad rep because of these *******s but in general **** the police.

Comment

Working...
                    X