• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More comedy gold

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        He would tell you, but you simply couldn't understand it unless you've taken the mind destroying altering drug DMT.
        Why ignorant people continue to disrespect and devalue something they have never experienced, I will truly never know.

Why do you take a stance, without knowing why? Why don't you just speak about what you know and understand, and leave the rest alone?

People like this, people who take stances and act on them without understanding why and standing on no other basis than their confirmation bias, this is part of what's so wrong with the world. It's a probem won't understand unless it happens to you. Until you speak on something you have experienced, something you feel passion for and have gained a measure of understanding, and you meet this type of blind opposition.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Many of the most well renowned intellectual minds in human history were Psychadelic users. Bill gates used LSD, Steve Jobs used LSD, Francis Crick, who developed the model for DNA, credited LSD to his conceptualizing of DNA and so on.

The majority of silicon valley and the leading pioneers of cyberspace and coding, and the future of technology are psychadelic users.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-23-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
            Many of the most well renowned intellectual minds in human history were Psychadelic users. Bill gates used LSD, Steve Jobs used LSD, Francis Crick, who developed the model for DNA, credited LSD to his conceptualizing of DNA and so on.

The majority of silicon valley and the leading pioneers of cyberspace and coding, and the future of technology are psychadelic users.

They come from a generation when acid/lsd were more commonly used.
            And they are in a position where they can admit to using. Whereas for many other people it would still be a taboo. Plus, everyone knows people who have tripped.

But are you suggesting that if they didnt take lsd they wouldnt have achieved what they have?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              They come from a generation when acid/lsd were more commonly used.
              And they are in a position where they can admit to using. Whereas for many other people it would still be a taboo. Plus, everyone knows people who have tripped.

But are you suggesting that if they didnt take lsd they wouldnt have achieved what they have?
              Nah bruh. Even if I were claiming that, how would I be able to prove it?

I'm merely defending the attacks on my credibility and the perception that mind altering drugs are these evil mind destroying substances that turn people into irrational babbling hippies.

I can't speak for everybody so I'll just speak about myself. Just because I think and speak differently doesn't mean there's something wrong with me , or that drugs have destroyed my mind. That's the purpose of drugs, to allow us to see in different ways, and besides, I speak and act differently on purpose. I have never once in my life wanted to be like everybody else, I never once in my life wanted to do things the same way other people do them. I'm only here on this planet for 100 years or so and i'm the only one that defines my mark and purpose on this world.

Psychadelics have allowed me to see that my potential is limitless, that everything I thought I knew about life and reality is only the most miniscule tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                Ayahuasca was the most profound experience of my life. I wish I could describe it accurately but words fail to do it justice. It's been about six years since I did it properly(I hacked it up too early next time I tried it) and the experience itself stands out compared to my multiple experiences with psilocybin, mescaline and LSD.

In those days, I was very into doing psychedelics for ****s and giggles and had very fun times on shrooms and acid. I came into the Ayahuasca with the same expectation, as I was curious to see what the visuals were like and expected to enjoy the aesthetics of it. What I found right off the bat was that "fun" and "recreational" was not part of the experience at all. It is a very deep and personal trip, and it can take you to a very dark place if you are unwilling to "let go" and fight the ego loss.

I found it to be very difficult and unpleasant as it was coming up, which is why the "purge" is an essential part of trip. Once you puke, shit, or cry it feels like all this weight is off your shoulders and it becomes positive and extremely euphoric. It's generally a 4-6 hour trip, and in my experience it felt like a death stage followed by a rebirth stage. It also didnt feel like 4-6 hours, more like a thousand. My subsequent trips with other psychedelics also became much more powerful and meaningful, as if the DMT gave me perspective I didnt have before.
                Yeah I've heard similar Ayahuasca experiences

**** sounds nuts

Comment

"Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's"; another side to the coin, and you can't remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important;creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could."
                  -Steve Jobs

"LSD was an incredible experience. Not that I'm recommending it for anybody else; but for me it kind of -- it hammered home to me that reality was not a fixed thing. That the reality that we saw about us every day was one reality, and a valid one -but that there were others, different perspectives where different things have meaning that were just as valid. That had a profound effect on me."
                  - Alan Moore

"I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control."

- Ken Kesey

"Of greatest significance to me has been the insight that I attained as a fundamental understanding from all of my LSD experiments: what one commonly takes as 'the reality,' including the reality of one's own individual person, by no means signifies something fixed, but rather something that is ambiguous-that there is not only one, but that there are many realities, each comprising also a different consciousness of the ego. One can also arrive at this insight through scientific reflections. The problem of reality is and has been from time immemorial a central concern of philosophy. It is, however, a fundamental distinction, whether one approaches the problem of reality rationally, with the logical methods of philosophy, or if one obtrudes upon this problem emotionally, through an existential experience. The first planned LSD experiment was therefore so deeply moving and alarming, because everyday reality and the ego experiencing it, which I had until then considered to be the only reality, dissolved, and an unfamiliar ego experienced another, unfamiliar reality. The problem concerning the innermost self also appeared, which, itself unmoved, was able to record these external and internal transformations. Reality is inconceivable without an experiencing subject, without an ego. It is the product of the exterior world, of the sender and of a receiver, an ego in whose deepest self the emanations of the exterior world, registered by the antennae of the sense organs, become conscious. If one of the two is lacking, no reality happens, no radio music plays, the picture screen remains blank."

-Albert Hoffman

Comment

Several of my mates who took DMT were going on and on about "the things they realised" but it just sounded like a load of drug addled BS to me. Admittedly from the perspective of someone who hasn't done it but still.

I took mushrooms and acid a couple times, and didnt like the experience. Too full on for me and after an hour into the trips i was just wishing for it to end, seeing some weird **** and feeling uncomfortable.

Drugs are bad. They can be used responsibly by some, but as someone who's life was almost ruined by them i believe you are just better off never doing them. Just enjoy life for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post

I took mushrooms and acid a couple times, and didnt like the experience. Too full on for me and after an hour into the trips i was just wishing for it to end, seeing some weird **** and feeling uncomfortable.
                      I know what you mean. Mushrooms can be ****ing overwhelming sometimes lol, at potent doses, it's definitely a drug for people who are used to getting mind****ed. Me, I enjoy it. The heavier the better.

All the times I dropped acid though it was super clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X