Kendrick Lamar was such a hype job, he aint no Drizzy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    J Cole > both imo anyway.

Kendrick is massively overhyped in my book. He has some good songs but some mofos act like EVERY song he pulls out is complete fire lmao.
    I think Section .80 and Good Kid Maad City were legit GREAT. GKMC is a classic.

But I do think To Pimp a Butterfly is way overrated. I mean critically it's like the most acclaimed rap album since god knows when. Overrated. I like the message, but only a handful of the songs composition. His delivery and flow on the album kinda turns me off. It's just not something I want to sit down and listen to.

The only tracks I find myself revisiting since my initial listens are King Kunta, Blacker the Berry, How Much a Dollar Cost, and sometimes I'll listen to U or Institutionalized.

I honestly like Love Story, B4.DA.$$, Forest Hills Drive, Cadillactica, and PRhyme a lot more than Kendricks last album.

Comment

Kendrick is nice and so is Drizzy.

But I'd take A$AP Rocky and Joey Bada$$ over bothe personally. Drakes can go hard but then gets way too soft and some of Kendrick stuff is just straight up weird.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
        Kendrick is nice and so is Drizzy.

But I'd take A$AP Rocky and Joey Bada$$ over bothe personally. Drakes can go hard but then gets way too soft and some of Kendrick stuff is just straight up weird.
        B4.DA.$$ was dope. First 11-12 tracks I was thinking whoaaa ****, but kinda let down a little after that. Still a solid 8/10 album IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          B4.DA.$$ was dope. First 11-12 tracks I was thinking whoaaa ****, but kinda let down a little after that. Still a solid 8/10 album IMO.
          I thought it was classic. Atleast a 9/10 I haven't heard anything better all year yet. Even "Run Up On Ya" was ight but could of been better if he spit another verse instead of Action. That dude is ****ing terrible. He sounds like Ghostface but never makes any ****ing sense. I mean Gucci Mane doesn't either have the time either but atleast he's hilarious.

O.C.D, Save The Children, Christ Conscious, Big Dusty, Haezesus View and #99 I pretty much listen to everyday ha

Comment

Lol hilarious thread

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Stopped reading after the first "Drizzy."
              C'mon bro drizzy is from Toronto how you gonna do a brotha like that? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                Very ignorant statement. You really think people live in the hood by choice? To say Kendrick doesn't experience poverty, grief and dismay because he wasn't gang banging is foolish. I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. I had never squeeze a trigger, but had gun pointed in my face, gun shots put me to sleep and wake me up. I had friends who lost their lives to street. I felt pain and despair, so now, you are gonna tell me I can't relate to hood struggles?
                Never said that... but he's trying to talk to gang bangers in his music when he ain't one... that's what I meant when I said he ain't pac... pac wasn't a gang banger but he WAS a thug

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Kendrick and Cole fell off????

Cole just released Forest Hills Drive, easily his best major album yet, and is about to go platinum, his highest selling album so far. Kendrick just released one of the most critically acclaimed albums in a long time, though I disagree with critics on it, and went Gold easily.

Kendrick and Cole are 2 mainstream artists doing it right. Drake isn't Wayne level of terrible, but lets not get it twisted. Drake isn't some guy resurrecting the essence of real hip hop in any way.

Meek Mill and ASAP are crap anyway. I'll take Schoolboy Q, Tyler, Joey Badass, Earl Sweatshirt, Yelawolf, Big KRIT, **** even Macklemore over those lame ****s any day.
                  Dude not this crap again about how rap and hip hop its mandatory to be this crazy ass lyricist. Come on man thats cool to be but its not a requisite. That whole **** of who has the best bars is subjective anyway so you'll just go around in circles.

Record sales on the other hand are not subjective in that you either went platinum or not. You either at the top of the charts consistently or not. That right there means more than some guy talking down to me about what a "true" hip hop MC should be doing.

You can rap however you wanna rap, you can MC however you wanna MC, enough with this whole this is the "true" way to MC crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Grinding View Post
                    In hip hop you dont have to be a thug to be an MC. Drizzy got bars and so does Kendrick but I'm just pointing out how people hype that dude up like he was the second coming of B.I.G.

Also people act like hip hop is dumb down or something like its suddenly a crime to have fun and rap at the same time.

Ish dont have to be serious all the time about gangs, drug dealing, or splitting *****s wigs open to the white meat.

Drizzy may get clowned on for being emotional or a nerd but the dude works hard and gots bars.

Drizzy has sustained his success for more than half a decade while J. Cole, Kendrick, Meek Mill, and ASAP have fallen off already.

People dont realize how hard it is to make it in the music biz let alone freakin sustain your success after your first big commercial album.
                    I dont get what you're saying... drake has bars and so does k.dot... but drake has been at the top of his game for 5 years now? Drakes features are alright but his last drop is trophies and 0-100... both of those are whack... j.Cole dropped firesquad... that alone s.hits on everything drake has done

Don't get me wrong I like drake he can rap but he ain't better than k.dot.. and I can't stand kendrick... to pimp a butterfly is straight garbage... but none of them are touching cole..."A lotta *****s sat on the throne, I am the latest" - cole

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
                      I thought it was classic. Atleast a 9/10 I haven't heard anything better all year yet. Even "Run Up On Ya" was ight but could of been better if he spit another verse instead of Action. That dude is ****ing terrible. He sounds like Ghostface but never makes any ****ing sense. I mean Gucci Mane doesn't either have the time either but atleast he's hilarious.

O.C.D, Save The Children, Christ Conscious, Big Dusty, Haezesus View and #99 I pretty much listen to everyday ha
                      Dude....Belly of the Beast is my ****!!!!

That track man. Was my favorite on the album. I liked Love Story a little more, but I'm a big Yela fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X