No announcement yet.

Walmart brawl between police and large family group ends in fatal shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    How much do you know about police training? How many similar situations do you think that these officers deal with every single day?

The chief of police for the area remarked that the family used tactics designed to exploit police training, such as rolling when tasered, grabbing at the eyes and nose instead of punching, and pretending to surrender and then starting to attack again.

The police tactics work 99% of the time, and were exploited by a family of millenarian anti-government crackpots intent on harming the police.
    I like to think they could of handled it better. Its really that simple.

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i have no issues with capitalization. the word processing programs that i use capitalize for me, and have for close to a decade. it slows my typing down to capitalize myself. i'm not going to waste any more time on this website than i have to.
    Your time is precious. I understand. Thats why you took the time to explain why you dont use capitals. Makes perfect sense.
    Im like that with apostrophes.

that's a silly statement to make, that it could have been handled better. do you think the cops could have diffused the situation? what would you have done?
    Im not a cop. I like to think they could of prevented the brawl. Maybe im being a naive optimist.
    cops separated them because it's the best way to get a clear picture of what happened, and make the situation safer. that's why they tried to separate the group, not because of clairvoyance.

you've obviously never been in a situation like that. a cop kicked another cop in the face. a headlight becomes a blinding impediment when there's a shadow. you'd be out of breath in literally seconds after a struggle like that [when somebody is choking you, and three of his hillbilly friends are kicking you.] it was freaking anarchy.

blame should be placed on the family that broke the law, brawled with, and tried to kill police.

police are men with families. they're not capable of handling every nighttime, life and death brawl to your standards, evidently.
    Ive never been a cop in that situation, no. I have had to calm down similar situations when i was a security guard and doorman, but its not the same.

I didnt mean to pass the blame on anyone, only that the violence could of been prevented.

Originally posted by New England View Post
    if you look at my posts, it's clear that i'm saying that the separation functions to

a: get a clear picture of what happened. you split people up, look for inconsistencies in their stories, and at the very least you can prove they are obstructing justice, and arrest them. then you can sort out the rest while you've got them in jail.

b: make the situation safer. a group of 10 people is more dangerous than five groups of two.

clairvoyance was never discussed.

noose is losing brownie points with NE as this thread unfolds. time to post up some art, bro. you're losing me.
    lol. My only recent art was a drawing of me on the toilet chatting to the toilet roll. You wouldnt like it but it does capture me perfectly.

You didnt get my point on clairvoyance.

I didnt say they shouldnt of been separated.

Seems like you dont mind wasting time on this site. May as well start using capitals.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      I like to think they could of handled it better. Its really that simple.

Your time is precious. I understand. Thats why you took the time to explain why you dont use capitals. Makes perfect sense.
      Im like that with apostrophes.

Im not a cop. I like to think they could of prevented the brawl. Maybe im being a naive optimist.

Ive never been a cop in that situation, no. I have had to calm down similar situations when i was a security guard and doorman, but its not the same.

I didnt mean to pass the blame on anyone, only that the violence could of been prevented.

lol. My only recent art was a drawing of me on the toilet chatting to the toilet roll. You wouldnt like it but it does capture me perfectly.

You didnt get my point on clairvoyance.

I didnt say they shouldnt of been separated.

Seems like you dont mind wasting time on this site. May as well start using capitals.

i've gone several months without using bscene, and my personal and professional lives have benefitted. i'll save the time it takes to capitalize, and do something meaningful with it.

your point on clairvoyance sucked, bro. that's different from "not getting it."\

why do you continually focus on the cops when you continually talk about the prevention of violence? that sounds awfully petty to me.

"these dudes didn't operate perfectly in a freaking chaotic situation that most people would run from."

that sounds like whining to me.

looking again at your posts, i really don't think you watched the video.

do you care to prove to me that you did by telling me how the cops could have performed better? that's the basis of your rhetoric.

don't use the "they shouldn't of broken them up doe," again, please.

Comment

• i've explained why i don't use capital letters a handful of times. i have close to 30K posts, and many of them have been quite involved.

capitalization slows my typing down seriously. i'm a creature of habit. i go through routines in the exact same fashion every day, whether i'm typing, getting out of the shower, starting my car, etc.

maybe you can't understand that, which is fine. typing in the manner i do, with a period and two spaces following, and with automatic capitalization through my word processing program, is something i've been doing for a decade. the routine is efficient, but it's also comfortable to me. capitalizing, or anything that complicates the process, gets in the way of my ideas. i'm not saying that it would ruin them necessarily, or even implying that they're great [which, let's face it, they are,] i'm only saying that it would slow me down and bring me further from my level of comfort.

the amount of time taken to explain my lack of capitals pales in comparison to the amount of itme it would take me to capitalize. i understand that some people won't understand that, and that's fine. i don't care too much beyond taking the time to explain to them, if they ask. people can assume that i'm stupid, if they'd like. when they do it in a thread where they're simultaneously making themselves look slight through the content they produce, i find it ironic, and amusing.

Comment

• what was the result of the poor performance of the cops?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            i've gone several months without using bscene, and my personal and professional lives have benefitted. i'll save the time it takes to capitalize, and do something meaningful with it.

your point on clairvoyance sucked, bro. that's different from "not getting it."\

why do you continually focus on the cops when you continually talk about the prevention of violence? that sounds awfully petty to me.

"these dudes didn't operate perfectly in a freaking chaotic situation that most people would run from."

that sounds like whining to me.

looking again at your posts, i really don't think you watched the video.

do you care to prove to me that you did by telling me how the cops could have performed better? that's the basis of your rhetoric.

don't use the "they shouldn't of broken them up doe," again, please.
            Speaking of rhetoric...you have a NSB vibe about your posts...doe.

You were the one thinking the cops were right to wade in due to their clairvoyance, not me. Go back and read what you posted.

I continually talk about the cops and prevention of violence because thats what this discussion is about.

Its not about my personal ideas on what they should of done, but more a belief they could of prevented the brawl somehow. Like i said, naive optimism.

Never said they shouldnt of separated them. You didnt read that in my last post? Please take the time to comprehend what you read. Or is that also a waste of your time?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              What a ****ing mess.

Looked like a non-violent dispute until the cops showed up. They engaged in a damn brawl. Like like a wild west bar fight.

By the end of the week there will be another needless death at the hands of the police. Just seems like they could of handled this better.
              Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Just from the video, without knowing any of the back story, it looked to me like the family were on the brink of getting physical and were already agitated, so i would of thought stepping in to separate them had to be done with a bit more tact. If your pissed off, stupid and ready to fight, and some guy (cop or non-cop) starts to put his hands on you, there is a good chance you wont take it well and things will escalate.
              These people didnt seem to bright either, so all the more reason to tread carefully.

I think the cops could of maintained peace and order, like they are trained to do. Difficult situation, but i think it was possible.

here's what you posted. it clearly places a measure of blame on the police for the escalation of the situation. what the police did was standard procedure, and seems absurd only to somebody who is naive... which you admitted you were.

Comment

• Don't fight you guys!

Comment

• why the police "waded in" has been reiterated several times, but i'll go through it once more because you're a little slow today.

cops separate people because groups are dangerous, as evidenced by the video. one dude trying to steal your gun isn't as bad as 10.
                  the group was already the subject of an investigation. a woman was assaulted in the walmart, something you haven't even acknowledged. cops had the right to question these people, and to split them up, in light of those facts.

they also separate people to get a more accurate picture of what happened. people in a large group can collude to lie. people who are split up cannot communicate or collude. additionally, if they do lie, testimony can be compared, and provide evidence during a trial, or to bring up charges and hold people until everything is sorted.

what was the result of the poor performance of the cops?

Comment

• here's the meaty one. here's where clairvoyance came into the discussion.

Originally Posted by The Noose View Post

I think it was a difficult situation. The cops should of known that wading in to separate them wasnt the best move. Some calm dialogue could have separated them.
                    But it looked like the one cop who was already talking to them had had enough of their stupidity.
                    The police didnt maintain order or peace. So id say the fu.cked up

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                      Don't fight you guys!

when a man beats the living hell out of his side game, can you really call it a fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X