Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Lou Thesz was the king of them all.

Could tie any of them up into a pretzel if he wanted. Even ornery Ole Anderson had a healthy respect for him, says they sparred after a workout and Lou worked him over despite being 86 years old at the time.
    As a worker? Yeah, but what about promos/mic skills? Wasn't really known for that, but then again, neither was Bret, but at least we have footage of him doing promos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      As a worker? Yeah, but what about promos/mic skills? Wasn't really known for that, but then again, neither was Bret, but at least we have footage of him doing promos.
      His personality and charisma were good enough, along with his unquestioned wrestling expertise, for him to headline venues all over the world for decades.

Even the Hart family acknowledges him as the greatest professional wrestler of all time.

Comment

His personality and charisma were good enough, along with his unquestioned wrestling expertise, for him to headline venues all over the world for decades.

Even the Hart family acknowledges him as the greatest professional wrestler of all time.
        So was Ric Flair and everyone calls him the best ever now. But you won't get much of an argument from me on Lou Thesz, he's an ATG, no doubt. I have that Wrestling Classics DVD collection on my Amazon list, so I hope there's plenty of his matches included on that DVD set.

Comment

So was Ric Flair and everyone calls him the best ever now. But you won't get much of an argument from me on Lou Thesz, he's an ATG, no doubt. I have that Wrestling Classics DVD collection on my Amazon list, so I hope there's plenty of his matches included on that DVD set.
          I love Ric Flair. As flamboyant and charismatic on the mic as anyone in history (although he borrowed a lot from Buddy Rogers the original Nature Boy.)

Great worker too but obviously not in the same league as Lou Thesz when it comes to actual wrestling knowledge.

Comment

I love Ric Flair. As flamboyant and charismatic on the mic as anyone in history (although he borrowed a lot from Buddy Rogers the original Nature Boy.)

Great worker too but obviously not in the same league as Lou Thesz when it comes to actual wrestling knowledge.
            Agreed and with both Bret and Lou you would get different matches with different opponents, not just guys looking to get their own moves and spots in, like most performers, like a Ric Flair or a Bruno Sammartino.

Comment

Agreed and with both Bret and Lou you would get different matches with different opponents, not just guys looking to get their own moves and spots in, like most performers, like a Ric Flair or a Bruno Sammartino.
              Bret Hart did have the infamous Five Moves of Doom that he repeated ad nauseam to close out matches against everyone.

Comment

• A fan tried to touch Sasha Banks' Butt in last night Pay Per View. She said she's going to sue him you can check the thread on reddit.

Comment

Bret Hart did have the infamous Five Moves of Doom that he repeated ad nauseam to close out matches against everyone.
                  But it didn't end every match. Watch King of the Ring that he won and you'll see 3 different matches against 3 different opponents. Bret's matches with Diesel or Bam Bam aren't the same against Curt Hennig or Roddy Piper.

Comment

• Baron Corbin is the new King of the Ring. And we might see a Kofi Kingston vs Brock Lesnar feud.

Comment

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                      Baron Corbin is the new King of the Ring. And we might see a Kofi Kingston vs Brock Lesnar feud.
                      Kofi vs. Lesnar? Oh man, that blows. So I guess they're gonna put the WWE belt on Brock now? ZZZZZ. Enough of him. He doesn't even get ratings or generate money anymore, so I don't know any Vince McMahon has such a hard on for Lesnar still.

And I just heard a report that Baron Corbin might be getting death threats. Talk about nuclear heat.

Are Alexa and Nikki doing a face turn? Because Alexa was injured this week on Raw by Bayley and I heard the crowd was chanting her name at the Clash pay per view on Sunday. Still catching up on some shows. I'd be down for that, as long as she's still a mean girl badass because Alexa is so good, she deserves to be finally cheered. Kind of like how Ric Flair or Triple H were so talented, charismatic and cool the fans wanted to cheer them, so they had to be eventually turned. Or tag teams like The Road Warriors or Demolition. So talented, can't help but respect the skills. She also could be the type that turns back a couple more times, like Triple H or Orton.

Comment

Working...
                      X