• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
    19,200 all cards (credit limit).
    You're honestly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      Well, lenders (credit cards) are different from credit bureaus (credit scores).

Your lender (banks, trust companies, retailers, etc) like it when you pay interest, however the credit bureau that the lenders report to, will adjust your score accordingly (they are indifferent in that regard)
      I see. So the only one's who benefit from you not paying in full is your creditor? Your score doesn't exactly benefit from that? Well that sucks, i'm in college, I can't really pay in full but I can pay half and even 3/4 of the balance at the end of the month but not in full, because then i'd stay broke, I only have a part time.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
        19,200 all cards (credit limit).
        That's 18.75%, then there was no reason for your score to go down, that I know of. But i'm new to this stuff so I don't know, maybe something else. Utilization accounts for 30% of your score.

Comment

The best thing is to just pay your bills on time, and use your cards for small purchases that you can pay for in full each month and not worry too much on your credit score.

There are 3 things that will raise your credit score higher than using your cards for purchases...and here they are:

Paying for your new car every month.
          Paying a mortgage (or school loan).
          Paying for a personal loan.

When i finished paying for my college tuition 4 years ago, my credit score went up to 741!.

But when i started with this credit card thing, it went down and never got up to where it was.

Comment

Working...
          X