The Lie That is White Privilege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    At enslaving black people, yes.
    How do you know his ancestors enslaved black people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      At its core, white privilege is simply the luxury of being judged as an individual. What someone thinks of you is based purely on your actions alone, and not the maddening stereotypes society has placed on your race.
      I say this from the perspective of a college-educated black man who's been treated like a suspect in my own neighborhood for simply driving home.
      Yea I agree with you but those stereotypes are only perpetuated because of the glaring reality of violent crime being committed by largely Africa-Americans. Police are a product of their environment and perform their job being highly influenced in their cities criminal element. Nobody know's more about the nature of crime and what to look for then the white, black, yellow, and brown cops who's job is to protect all citizens by preventing crime and bringing those who do so, to justice. As far as the over used label white privilege, yes Caucasian's do experience more positives because of the idea that statistically speaking white people are richer then black people. But to condemn modern society and paint America out as an un-accepting country is ridiculous. It is all completely relative. What may be easier for me in one town may be harder on the next individual living in another town. Nobody is treated equally or the same and the most important virtue of America is that life is what you make it. If you work hard, if you get an education, you can make it and rise up in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
        If you work hard, if you get an education, you can make it and rise up in America.
        This. Perfectly sums it up. People here in the US don't know how good they have it when compared to those living in other countries, especially 3rd world. I say make use of your many opportunities and the privilege of being a US citizen, and strive to be successful in life.
        Last edited by Ruthless One; 03-21-2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
          This. Perfectly sums it up.
          ... and still be hated by many. Ask Obama.

Comment

So, it's okay to be critical of a white president yet if part of the populace dislikes Obama and some of his policies, it's because he's black? Get back to reality, man. No such thing as a president who has 100% approval rating of the entire USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
              So, it's okay to be critical of a white president yet if part of the populace dislikes Obama and some of his policies, it's because he's black? Get back to reality, man. No such thing as a president who has 100% approval rating of the entire USA.
              People blamed Bush for everything under the sun lol, he was a bad president but also the most irrationally hated one.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                Yea I agree with you but those stereotypes are only perpetuated because of the glaring reality of violent crime being committed by largely Africa-Americans. Police are a product of their environment and perform their job being highly influenced in their cities criminal element. Nobody know's more about the nature of crime and what to look for then the white, black, yellow, and brown cops who's job is to protect all citizens by preventing crime and bringing those who do so, to justice. As far as the over used label white privilege, yes Caucasian's do experience more positives because of the idea that statistically speaking white people are richer then black people. But to condemn modern society and paint America out as an un-accepting country is ridiculous. It is all completely relative. What may be easier for me in one town may be harder on the next individual living in another town. Nobody is treated equally or the same and the most important virtue of America is that life is what you make it. If you work hard, if you get an education, you can make it and rise up in America.
                The most violent crimes I've seen in recent years such as the killing of more than 20 kids in Sandy Hook; the massacre of Dark Knight movie watchers in Colorado; and the college kid who went on a killing spree because he was a virgin were all committed by white guys. Is it fair to label every white guy a mass murderer because of these psychos? No. Is it right to label every black dude -- even a high-achiever -- a gang banger because SOME resort to violence in drug-related turf battles? No, but it still happens.

* A white person doesn't have to worry about whether his/her name is too ethnic when submitting a resume.
                *A white guy doesn't have to worry about appearing threatening when wearing a hoodie. A black dude, on the other hand, may meet up with a vigilante with a gun.

That is the essence of white privilege.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
                  I'd agree with you if the attacks were purely political, but they aren't. People refuse to accept him as a man. He's been openly disrespected like no other president. There's still a lot of folks out there who question Obama's legitimacy because they think he was born in Kenya. This has led to unenlightened whites saying they need to "Take our country back." Take it back from what exactly? He's been called a liar in the middle of an address to the nation, which is unprecedented. Sarah Palin used the racially-tinged term "shuck in jive" while talking about him. John Boehner just ignored protocol and invited a foreign leader to address legislators without approval from the Obama administration. While 47 legislators wrote an open letter to Iran in the middle of tense nuclear negotiations to undermine Obama, another unprecedented move. And the list goes on. This goes way beyond politics.

Comment

I'd agree with you if the attacks were purely political, but they aren't. People refuse to accept him as a man. He's been openly disrespected like no other president. There's still a lot of folks out there who question Obama's legitimacy because they think he was born in Kenya. This has led to unenlightened whites saying they need to "Take our country back." Take it back from what exactly? He's been called a liar in the middle of an address to the nation, which is unprecedented. Sarah Palin used the racially-tinged term "shuck in jive" while talking about him. John Boehner just ignored protocol and invited a foreign leader to address legislators without approval from the Obama administration. While 47 legislators wrote an open letter to Iran in the middle of tense nuclear negotiations to undermine Obama, another unprecedented move. And the list goes on. This goes way beyond politics.
                    No, though that was hilarious to hear coming from John fricken Kerry of all people. Google Dear Comandante Democrats and the Boland Amendment and then get back to me.
                    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-21-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• This thread is a bummer.
                      #BringBackSlavery

Comment

Working...
                      X