No announcement yet.

The Lie That is White Privilege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    So going by your logic,,, romney should have beaten obama...
    Let's not go round throwing out words like "logic" if you're going to continue with this.

You're responding to the following comment:

"This is not what white privilege is though. What white privilege is and others have tried to explain to you, it is the fact that two persons, with the only difference being the color of their skin, where one is white and one is colored, trying to succeed, the white will more like be successful. "

The data applies to populations, not to individuals.

GTFO with this crap........

Why isn't the NBA filled with white guys....
    Because Steve Nash retired?

If a black dude excels in school, obeys the laws, and doesn't act like an idiot, he will do fine...
    And if a white dude does OK in school, obeys most of the laws and acts like an idiot in moderation he too will do fine. If he excels in schools, obeys all the laws and never acts like an idiot he will probably do very well. The black guy has to excel and never break the rules to achieve the same results

If the guy is a wannabe gangsta with baby mommas then yes he is doomed to failure, just like an idiot white boy thats into meth, tattoos and heavy metal...
    And heavy metal? What are you, the evil Pastor in an 80s B movie about rock n roll?

Obama and oprah don't act stupid, and they have achieved much more than any white dude can dream of...
    Obama is president of the United States just like the 43 white guys who preceded him and Oprah is a media mogul and billionaire like the incalculable white guys that preceded her.

You honestly think either of them have achieved as much as Bill Gates?

don't have a baby momma and get an education, work hard and you will be fine
    And just in case you weren't sure that this post was racist...

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      Asking a white person about white privilege is like asking a fish what water is. They wouldn't understand because they've been surrounded by it their entire lives.
      Trailer park dwelling white people are priviliged? Homeless white folk are privileged? News to me

Comment

At its core, white privilege is simply the luxury of being judged as an individual. What someone thinks of you is based purely on your actions alone, and not the maddening stereotypes society has placed on your race.
        I say this from the perspective of a college-educated black man who's been treated like a suspect in my own neighborhood for simply driving home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          Trailer park dwelling white people are priviliged?
          Compared to trailer park dwelling black people, yes.

Homeless white folk are privileged? News to me
          Compared to homeless black folk, yes.

Comment

http://qz.com/357445/black-harvard-g...college-grads/

Comment

Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

That's a good article although I question the methodology of using "black" names as an indicator of race. I think that this also brings the question of class into the equation as stereotypically black names tend to be disproportionately associated with lower social class.

Still to have black Harvard graduates receive callbacks at virtually the same rate as white Mickey Mouse college graduates is shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Its not White privilege--- Its my ancestors were successful privilege..

Doesn't matter if your white, asian, black, etc... you will have a better chance in live and standard of living if your ancestors were successful....

It just happens that whiteys had their ***** together long ago, much like the jews and japanese...
                  At enslaving black people, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    As far as I'm aware we don't.
                    You're missing out. It allows colleges and employers to be racist and/or sexist in their admission or hiring, so long as the victims are white males.

Comment

• So:

If a white american makes stupid decisions and screws up in life = his fault

If a hispanic american makes stupid decisions and screws up in life = his fault

If an asian american makes stupid decisions and screws up in life = his fault

If a native american makes stupid decisions and screws up in life = his fault

But...

If a black american makes stupid decisions and screws up in life = not his fault. it's because of "white privilege" that held him back?
                      Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X