No announcement yet.

Americans View of Russia, Worst Its Ever Been According to Gallup Polls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
    Oh, sorry I though it was obvious... I mean I've been arguing against you and the other guy this whole time... There's even a Russian flag in my sig... so I don't know what you missed...

But I'll let you off the hook since you're Ukrainian.
    Yes, i'm just trying to understand your reasoning, aside from just arguing on Russia's behalf without even living there. That's the issue with Russians at the moment, they are just like sheep following one crazy way of thinking. I'd assume you as someone in the West not being brainwashed, but it seems it stretches this far...

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Ukraine's economy is in a much worse state than Russia's.

All the more so because it now has a broken political structure (thanks to the U.S.-backed coup) and is in the midst of a civil war, which it is losing (thanks again to the coup).

The fact that the Russian gas supply is cut off isn't much of a helper either (a lot of people are going to freeze to death in their homes this winter).
      That's because Ukraine's economy has been terrible in general for years...but especially post-2008 economic downturn, it reallly collapsed then after some steady growth in the preceding years. The currency is terrible. You can't really compare it with Russia, anyway. Ukraine is undergoing massive changes and reforms and is nearing a stage of martial law...while Russia are just being hit by sanctions. Lol regarding broken political structure...first of all the entire country voted Poroshenko in, he wasn't just installed without an election. Any US influence is overstated and no more than what Russia used to do to get Pro-Russia presidents like Yanukovych into power. The structure is of course strained as of now with new MPs and such, but in the long run will be better than it's corrupt past.

R.E losing a civil war...not really. If this was really just a fight between the army and the rebels, we would have eradicated them way before the end of 2014. I remember when the army was making gains daily and moving to reclaim territory. If Russia would stop intervening, this situation would have been over by now.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        That's because Ukraine's economy has been terrible in general for years...but especially post-2008 economic downturn, it reallly collapsed then after some steady growth in the preceding years. The currency is terrible. You can't really compare it with Russia, anyway.
        I'll quote as far as I read. (Nothing against you, but I skip over your's and Enayze's, and anybody else who supports the Ukrainian fascist government).

My point was sort of that if people are going to talk about the troubles with the Russian economy and out of the other side of their mouth attempt to support Ukraine, they are sort of full of shit.

You are right. You can't compare Ukraine to Russia. Russia is still relatively stable. Russia is not a country in the midst of a civil war. Russia is not a country on the brink of collapse.

Can you show me some data as to how horrible Russia is doing economically?

I'd like to see it.

I have yet to see any reliable info on how horribly the Russian economy is getting on. Do you have some?
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-19-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Because Russia will not allow Feminists to cripple them or for flamoyant gay rights groups to trash the image of their country.

two of the bigger whiny pc-groups which have a a lot of power in the US: feminists and gays. Both put in their places by Russians with balls.

That's likely the story behind those polls. Yanks don't know what's going on in the war.

dude, you need to get laid.

Comment

There are two sides to this story; and if people will remember, most of the hubub started after an election.

What does that mean?

It means unless you live in Crimea or western Russia, you have to rely on the mass media to determine who the "bad guy" is, if there is one.

This is a he said/she said ordeal where we rely on biased info one way or another.

....and the word "terrorist" goes two ways. If you feel your people are being oppressed by the government and you rebel, you are a freedom fighter to your people, while the government will refer to you as a terrorist.....as will all of the political allies of that government.

Only those in the thick of it truly know what's going on.

Comment

I'll quote as far as I read. (Nothing against you, but I skip over your's and Enayze's, and anybody else who supports the Ukrainian fascist government).

My point was sort of that if people are going to talk about the troubles with the Russian economy and out of the other side of their mouth attempt to support Ukraine, they are sort of full of shit.

You are right. You can't compare Ukraine to Russia. Russia is still relatively stable. Russia is not a country in the midst of a civil war. Russia is not a country on the brink of collapse.

I'd like to see it.

I have yet to see any reliable info on how horribly the Russian economy is getting on. Do you have some?
              It is hilarious how you claim you want there to be an 'objective' debate or reporting on this, yet you just admitted you are one-sided and are essentially pro-Russian. Let me tell you some facts: Russia's economy is essentially based on oil, and oil prices have fallen to what, their lowest levels ever? The only reason Putin is somewhat trying to show he is co-operating with the West is so that there are no further sanctions. Russia is in recession right now, and the only reason they are stable is because right now they are just being provocateurs, not a full scale war participant. I am not going to dig out stats for you, as I couldn't care less frankly about Russia, but in any case the corrupt government will never release public information about just how bad the situation is economically.

Fascist government...ahhh, this old chestnut...i'm really getting tired of going over this same point endless times. Why bother when people like you have got these strange things imprinted into your thinking? The only people who say that are the Russian media, and as I assume you live in the West, i'm not exactly sure what your agenda is.

I will repeat again, the majority of the country voted Poroshenko in. The guys who are debatably neo-nazis, such as Right Sector and Svoboda, got hardly any votes and have no real power at all. The influence of the West is overstated and is no more than the political leaning done by Russia to have pro-Russian presidents like Yanukovych.

What you people don't understand is that Euromaidan only sped up the process of what was inevitably going to happen. The majority of the country was sick of his corrupt government bringing the country to a standstill, and revolt was going to happen sooner or later. Of course many of us thought in hindsight was it worth it? Should we have just voted Yanukovych out? Maybe, but Putin would have done the exact same thing, because he would refuse Ukraine to move in the direction of the West.

I will tell you what I find funniest about posters such as you though, and nothing against YOU per se, but it really makes me laugh when people looking from the outside with a specific twisted agenda are going to tell me about whats going on in my own country, and rather believe in propaganda and conspiracy theories rather than information from somebody that is from the country.

Comment

It is hilarious how you claim you want there to be an 'objective' debate or reporting on this, yet you just admitted you are one-sided and are essentially pro-Russian. Let me tell you some facts: Russia's economy is essentially based on oil, and oil prices have fallen to what, their lowest levels ever? The only reason Putin is somewhat trying to show he is co-operating with the West is so that there are no further sanctions. Russia is in recession right now, and the only reason they are stable is because right now they are just being provocateurs, not a full scale war participant. I am not going to dig out stats for you, as I couldn't care less frankly about Russia, but in any case the corrupt government will never release public information about just how bad the situation is economically.

Fascist government...ahhh, this old chestnut...i'm really getting tired of going over this same point endless times. Why bother when people like you have got these strange things imprinted into your thinking? The only people who say that are the Russian media, and as I assume you live in the West, i'm not exactly sure what your agenda is.

I will repeat again, the majority of the country voted Poroshenko in. The guys who are debatably neo-nazis, such as Right Sector and Svoboda, got hardly any votes and have no real power at all. The influence of the West is overstated and is no more than the political leaning done by Russia to have pro-Russian presidents like Yanukovych.

What you people don't understand is that Euromaidan only sped up the process of what was inevitably going to happen. The majority of the country was sick of his corrupt government bringing the country to a standstill, and revolt was going to happen sooner or later. Of course many of us thought in hindsight was it worth it? Should we have just voted Yanukovych out? Maybe, but Putin would have done the exact same thing, because he would refuse Ukraine to move in the direction of the West.

I will tell you what I find funniest about posters such as you though, and nothing against YOU per se, but it really makes me laugh when people looking from the outside with a specific twisted agenda are going to tell me about whats going on in my own country, and rather believe in propaganda and conspiracy theories rather than information from somebody that is from the country.
                You're no better off listening to the media on the inside. You think the media Poroshenko's pumping out is going to be true? He needs his country on his side and like any leader he's going to be putting out pro-Ukrainian propaganda. It's funny how you get angry about outsiders talking about Poroshenko when you yourself seem to know everything about Putin, as if the Ukrainian government is somehow going to start telling civilians the truth.

Comment

Ukraine's economy is in a much worse state than Russia's.

All the more so because it now has a broken political structure (thanks to the U.S.-backed coup) and is in the midst of a civil war, which it is losing (thanks again to the coup).

The fact that the Russian gas supply is cut off isn't much of a helper either (a lot of people are going to freeze to death in their homes this winter).
                  And we have another conspiratard.

I'd like to see it.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2...nancial_crisis

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-e...ion-1424289633

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ng/514503.html

This is just the beginning.

No what you meant to say is that you have yet to get your head out of your a$$. It doesn't take a genius to understand when a countries currency goes from 30 rubles to 60+ rubles against the dollar, that the country is facing a crisis. Especially when its main export is a product whose value went from $100+ per barrel to $50 per barrel.
                  Last edited by Enayze; 02-19-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                    And we have another conspiratard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2...nancial_crisis

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-e...ion-1424289633

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ng/514503.html

This is just the beginning.

No what you meant to say is that you have yet to get your head out of your a$$. It doesn't take a genius to understand when a countries currency goes from 30 rubles to 60+ rubles against the dollar, that the country is facing a crisis. Especially when its main export is a product whose value went from $100+ per barrel to $50 per barrel.
                    When the US economy implodes I'll be the first one down there shopping.

Comment

You're wasting your breath. Once a person has fallen for conspiracies they automatically think they are the most informed person on the planet, with super secret knowledge that everyone else lacks. Ironically, what they dont realize is that they look really stupid from the outside, like this virgin cane tard. As for the hypocritical Russian from Canada, he knows whats right and wrong, but he cannot come to grips with condemning the actions of his beloved czar Putin

Comment

Working...
                      X