No announcement yet.

Americans View of Russia, Worst Its Ever Been According to Gallup Polls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
    Russians dont like us either. Who gives a ****. We destroy them in war everyday if we want.
    Right I'm not going to bother starting another debate but unfortunately whether that is true or not it is irrelevant. The fact is, there is nowhere to fight this war, if the US invaded Russia for example, Russia would have the home advantage and most likely win. Vice-versa for Russia invading the US. Not to mention neither country is capable of holding a territory that large for any respectable amount of time. This would only be true however, if both countries did not have, or were smart enough not to use nuclear weapons, which isn't going to happen frankly.

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/robert-h...eds-1424304998

Interesting feature on what a former US Maj. General thinks should be given to Ukrainian army as firepower to defend themselves. Now, this is a very interesting piece as it details how exactly the separatists have been so proficient in holding on to and gaining more land. Have a read.
    Although I'm backing Russia, I don't like the idea of war, in fact I hate it. What you say is true, Poroshenko does not have all the equipment he claims, and he is not ready for war. But if the US starts supplying the weapons Ukraine needs they'll just be fuelling the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
      Although I'm backing Russia, I don't like the idea of war, in fact I hate it. What you say is true, Poroshenko does not have all the equipment he claims, and he is not ready for war. But if the US starts supplying the weapons Ukraine needs they'll just be fuelling the fire.
      This is precisely why I've begun to hate all Russians with a passion. That's such a stupid statement to make...how can you back Russia? Firstly, what honor or purpose is there in what they are doing and how they are doing it? If you are backing Russia, you are essentially betraying the West, where you continue to happily live....and I don't see how you can be against war but for Russia...they are the ones playing war games here...some people say USA and Europe shouldn't get involved, but what do you expect when a major, dangerous nation like Russia is playing dangerous war games??

Furthermore, I take it then you admit Russia is actively at war with Ukraine and is directly involved, other than that I am not sure what you can be backing. As i've said, Putin and his stupid games are pathetic - he has no desire or need for Eastern Ukraine, it really brings nothing to him. He has created a frozen conflict in which he is using these rebels as pawns to do his dirty work for him, with the hope they will destroy Ukraine sufficiently so a further takeover may be possible, as per his crazed Tsar vision of re-creating the Soviet Union...

And there is danger for Baltic states too, if the current trend continues. Really, I don't understand how any sane person living in the West can support Russia...it seems that has not been able to make you objective and go against Russia, even though you probably know deep down what your country is doing is wrong...that's why I hate the Russian people.

Comment

Let's just hope Putin's agenda with Crimea is just him stroking his ego and making Russia on the center stage of national news. Though his recent decisions may bite him in the butt, because this will lead to more sanctions, I think Russia is not the imperialist threat that it is being made out to be for Americans on their own soil. I know Russia has the potential to be much more then what it is. My sister was adopted from Moscow about 20 years ago and the struggle is evident in everyday life there. Not saying Russians are living in hell, just that it is not any where close to the living conditions and overall positive moral of the US and other allies alike. I think the difference is Russians like to put all their eggs in one basket for a likable leader like Putin. They stay loyal because they believe in him, and he apparently believes in them. In the U.S. whether you pro-Russians agree or not, politicians work for those they support. The President is elected to do a job, and that is preserve the rights of the American people and manage the government accordingly. They are under constant scrutiny 24/7 in the media and American's as a united people hold the preservation of the beacon of freedom to the highest standard. Countries like Russia are falling behind because their ambitions, innovations, and forward progression is stalled by leaders like Putin who can't do everything necessary to allow Russia to prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          Russians dont like us either. Who gives a ****. We destroy them in war everyday if we want.
          Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
          This is precisely why I've begun to hate all Russians with a passion. That's such a stupid statement to make...how can you back Russia? Firstly, what honor or purpose is there in what they are doing and how they are doing it? If you are backing Russia, you are essentially betraying the West, where you continue to happily live....and I don't see how you can be against war but for Russia...they are the ones playing war games here...some people say USA and Europe shouldn't get involved, but what do you expect when a major, dangerous nation like Russia is playing dangerous war games??

Furthermore, I take it then you admit Russia is actively at war with Ukraine and is directly involved, other than that I am not sure what you can be backing. As i've said, Putin and his stupid games are pathetic - he has no desire or need for Eastern Ukraine, it really brings nothing to him. He has created a frozen conflict in which he is using these rebels as pawns to do his dirty work for him, with the hope they will destroy Ukraine sufficiently so a further takeover may be possible, as per his crazed Tsar vision of re-creating the Soviet Union...

And there is danger for Baltic states too, if the current trend continues. Really, I don't understand how any sane person living in the West can support Russia...it seems that has not been able to make you objective and go against Russia, even though you probably know deep down what your country is doing is wrong...that's why I hate the Russian people.
          Oh, sorry I though it was obvious... I mean I've been arguing against you and the other guy this whole time... There's even a Russian flag in my sig... so I don't know what you missed...

But I'll let you off the hook since you're Ukrainian.

Comment

I woke up to find the thread on the Ukrainian retreat from Debaltseve was deleted. A shame because I was looking forward to reading it.

I'd wish for the same 'objective' moderation with respect to this thread.

That is I would, but that would of course be wishing too much.

Comment

This is what I think of when I think of russia

Russia isn't solid enough to do much more than these pathetic power moves on their own neighbors they have just been cute since the collapse of the soviet union sad thing is even by doing this crap they have almost collapsed their economy(again), because they want to be macho about some people and land they don't even need.

America wages 3 wars sometimes simultaneously wastes trillions in em literally, and we can all still live in excess like nothing is happening.

We just need some bad guy for the news to try to scare us with flavor of the year ISIS and Russia because we love drama . I do feel bad for the people of Ukraine, and hopefully Russia's leadership grows up already and stops pissing of their neighbors.
              Last edited by DannYankee; 02-19-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I may not agree with Russia's militaristic actions and conquest of Crimea but I do not support sending weapons to the Ukrainians. I'm sick of the U.S. interfering in the affairs of other nations that do not directly impact us.
                The Crimea is the seat of Russia's major naval fleet. Russia could not relinquish control of such a vital point. Were you aware that during the ordeal over the Crimea the U.S. sent a destroyer fleet to the Black Sea?

The U.S. overplayed it's hand. Russia could not relinquish control of Crimea. It is also primarily Russian as it is. The people identify with Russia.

In Russian history, the quest/need for warm water ports is a point of immense emphasis. Crimea fell to Ukraine through historical circumstances that are quite complicated. However, Russia's hand was forced. They had no real intention to annex The Crimea. They were left with no choice but to do so.

It is good that they did, because the balance of power is a critical factor in stability and peace.

At the end of the day though it was a simple case of Realpolitik.
                Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-20-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  This is what I think of when I think of russia

Russia isn't solid enough to do much more than these pathetic power moves on their own neighbors they have just been cute since the collapse of the soviet union sad thing is even by doing this crap they have almost collapsed their economy(again), because they want to be macho about some people and land they don't even need.

America wages 3 wars sometimes simultaneously wastes trillions in em literally, and we can all still live in excess like nothing is happening.

We just need some bad guy for the news to try to scare us with flavor of the year ISIS and Russia because we love drama . I do feel bad for the people of Ukraine, and hopefully Russia's leadership grows up already and stops pissing of their neighbors.
                  I won't deny that the Russian economy isn't solid. But chose your words carefully, the US is packing on major debt, debt that will cause the financial system to implode. Enjoy it while you've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    The Crimea is the seat of Russia's major naval fleet. Russia could not relinquish control of such a vital point. We're you aware that during the ordeal over the Crimea the U.S. sent a destroyer fleet to the Black Sea?

The U.S. overplayed it's hand. Russia could not relinquish control of Crimea. It is also primarily Russian as it is. The people identify with Russia.

In Russian history, the quest/need for warm water ports is a point of immense emphasis. Crimea fell to Ukraine through historical circumstances that are quite complicated. However, Russia's hand was forced. They had no real intention to annex The Crimea. They were left with no choice but to do so.

It is good that they did, because the balance of power is a critical factor in stability and peace.

At the end of the day though it was a simple case of Reel Polotic.
                    many americans are completely unaware of this neat little fact yet have strong opinions on this topic because hey it's russia...

Comment

Ukraine's economy is in a much worse state than Russia's.

All the more so because it now has a broken political structure (thanks to the U.S.-backed coup) and is in the midst of a civil war, which it is losing (thanks again to the coup).

The fact that the Russian gas supply is cut off isn't much of a helper either (a lot of people are going to freeze to death in their homes this winter).
                      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-19-2015, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X