No announcement yet.

BIRDMAN is the most overrated movie of 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIRDMAN is the most overrated movie of 2014

Every year there's a movie that is just OK, or totally terrible, that gets all this praise, and just leaves you feeling....."Uhhhh it was OK i guess"

This is that film for 2014. It was OK, but not even near the best I've seen this year.

Michael Keaton was good, but overall it was just meh. Give me Gone Girl, Nightcrawler, Foxcatcher, Grand Budapest Hotel, Interstellar, etc.

never heard of it,

just youtubed it for see the trailer, its looks eh but I have never liked a single movie from the multiplicity dude.

Comment

Apparently the Oscar and Globe favorites going in are Birdman and Boyhood.

Boyhood was pretty damn good though. Maybe slightly overrated, but still really good.

I really think Gone Girl or Nightcrawler are the best movies of the year though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Apparently the Oscar and Globe favorites going in are Birdman and Boyhood.

Boyhood was pretty damn good though. Maybe slightly overrated, but still really good.

I really think Gone Girl or Nightcrawler are the best movies of the year though.
        Gone girl gets my vote that movie had me on edge like damn, I didnt even realize how long it was till it was over, night crawler another great movie, and I never heard of boyhood either.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
          Gone girl gets my vote that movie had me on edge like damn, I didnt even realize how long it was till it was over, night crawler another great movie, and I never heard of boyhood either.
          I think Boyhood is up in the running because they filmed the movie over the course of 12 years. You basically get to see the entire cast age and mature before your eyes. It was an Ok movie I suppose, I just think it was too hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            I think Boyhood is up in the running because they filmed the movie over the course of 12 years. You basically get to see the entire cast age and mature before your eyes. It was an Ok movie I suppose, I just think it was too hyped.
            I know that, I thought it was good. A little overrated, but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I know that, I thought it was good. A little overrated, but still good.
              I know you know that I know your knowledge regarding the film, I was just explaining it to D-Checc, seeing as how he stated he had never heard of Boyhood before on his post.

Comment

Not seen it, but the trailer doesn't excite me.

I can't wait to watch Foxcatcher, comes out in a few days here.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  I know you know that I know your knowledge regarding the film, I was just explaining it to D-Checc, seeing as how he stated he had never heard of Boyhood before on his post.
                  Had to read that twice

Comment

It was very good but very arthouse. It pisses all over the risible Interstellar though.

Comment

Working...
                    X