Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How early should I show up for opening night/first screening of Interstellar???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Your boy here knows his films. Ask me anything.

how much did memento suck?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

One of the deepest most multi-dimensional movies I have ever seen on memory and identity. I could write a book on memento, I don't even know where to begin.

Maybe you just have no taste. Based on your affinity for shirtless men, that's definitely a much more likely possibility than Nolan having no taste.

you called memento one of the deepest movies of all time, and in a previous post you called inception "a true epic,"

your card has been pulled.

i have tremendous taste in music and movies. ask anybody on the forum worth a damn in either arena.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you called memento one of the deepest movies of all time, and in a previous post you called inception "a true epic,"

your card has been pulled.

i have tremendous taste in music and movies. ask anybody on the forum worth a damn in either arena.
        Screenplay for Inception was brilliant, so was directing

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Screenplay for Inception was brilliant, so was directing

brilliant

specifically, how did its brilliance speak to you?

Comment

brilliant

specifically, how did its brilliance speak to you?
            Oh great, so now you're not only the best athlete on BS, you're also the ultimate movie critic? You really are a full package, NE.

I liked how multi layered and complex that movie was. I'd say Inception is the most epic movie of 2010's

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Oh great, so now you're not only the best athlete on BS, you're also the ultimate movie critic? You really are a full package, NE.

I liked how multi layered and complex that movie was. I'd say Inception is the most epic movie of 2010's

complexity and brilliance are not the same thing.

"wait, we're in another dream!?!?"

brilliance.

Comment

complexity and brilliance are not the same thing.

brilliance.
                This is your opinion, mine is diffrent.

Comment

I shut inception off after 15 minutes, I couldn't get past the stupidity of that aspect. It might be great but I have no desire to watch something that gay, ever. Ill take a simple powerful film like "Biutiful" any day over that ridiculous ****.

Comment

If I may interject my opinion:

Nolan is a pretentious jerk. The Hollywood suits are so enamored and intimidated by him
                    (OMG he has a British accent! Must be a genius.) that they give him a full and open check book for his movies. He gets $10 million up front and a piece of the action, unlike almost any other director in Hollywood. All that's important really is does his movies make money? I don't know the answer to that one, but I can stay that I've disliked every single one of his movies. Actually felt insulted TBH. His Batman flicks have RUINED a great character.

The Dallas News movie critic is pretty good, very good in fact. I've been to several movies here in town where he introduces a flick, Stanley Kubrick or whatever, then the audience discusses post showing. He's not a dick like most movie critics.

Anyway, here's what he says about Interstellar:

"If you want characters gabbing away at explanations of lofty concepts, and a pounding musical score that drowns out dialogue, then this must be the place."

" Before long, we're being speechified into high-concept submission. For every eye-popping marvel, including a wormhole for the cinematic ages, there is a long, winding multi character discourse on astrophysics, or, in the movies' more fecund moments, the power of love."

" Nolan is after nothing less than great cosmic significance. I admire his ambition and audacity. So does he. Imagine Kubricks 2001, populated by characters who wont shut up."

"The climax contains some tangled magic. If you're not exhausted by almost three hours of intergalactic lecturing, you may even be able to feel it."

Should you avoid this movie because this guy doesn't like it? No, but be warned: you're in for a lot of talking and in your face opinions of the director.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      If I may interject my opinion:

Nolan is a pretentious jerk. The Hollywood suits are so enamored and intimidated by him
                      (OMG he has a British accent! Must be a genius.) that they give him a full and open check book for his movies. He gets $10 million up front and a piece of the action, unlike almost any other director in Hollywood. All that's important really is does his movies make money? I don't know the answer to that one, but I can stay that I've disliked every single one of his movies. Actually felt insulted TBH. His Batman flicks have RUINED a great character.

The Dallas News movie critic is pretty good, very good in fact. I've been to several movies here in town where he introduces a flick, Stanley Kubrick or whatever, then the audience discusses post showing. He's not a dick like most movie critics.

Anyway, here's what he says about Interstellar:

"If you want characters gabbing away at explanations of lofty concepts, and a pounding musical score that drowns out dialogue, then this must be the place."

" Before long, we're being speechified into high-concept submission. For every eye-popping marvel, including a wormhole for the cinematic ages, there is a long, winding multi character discourse on astrophysics, or, in the movies' more fecund moments, the power of love."

" Nolan is after nothing less than great cosmic significance. I admire his ambition and audacity. So does he. Imagine Kubricks 2001, populated by characters who wont shut up."

"The climax contains some tangled magic. If you're not exhausted by almost three hours of intergalactic lecturing, you may even be able to feel it."

Should you avoid this movie because this guy doesn't like it? No, but be warned: you're in for a lot of talking and in your face opinions of the director.
                      His films make a lot of money. And they're better than most mainstream Hollywood fare.

I've met the guy too, and he's a top cove

Comment

Working...
                      X