Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're opinion on boxers who are now broke or fighting because they're broke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're opinion on boxers who are now broke or fighting because they're broke

Bit of a touchy subject, boxing related but not so much actively.

So what do think of boxers like Tyson, Holyfield, Hearns and more??

Me personally I have no remorse they were paid very handsomely for their fights and squandered it away pretty irresponsibly so two fingers to em.

The amount of cash some of these cats earned you could live a lavish lifestyle just from the interest earned on their money.

Meldrick Taylor barely being able to speak and losing to club fighters was some sad crap to watch on Legendary Nights.

Comment

Its sad to see guys that are injured mentally and still fighting ..how the hell do they get a licence?

Screw Holyfield.....not spending a few bucks on condoms meant fathering 10-12 kids mostly out of wedlock that he has to feed. No one made buy a 50,000 foot (true!) house either.

Comment

Tyson isn't actually doing that badly now because he's a personality.

Comment

I think it's sad, but they only got themselves to blame..

Being a mature adult involves financial responsibility.. A fool and his money are easily separated

Comment

I think it's sad. Not surprising though, when most of these guys don't have an education and or family to support them. That's a sweeping statement I know but some of these guys shot to fame rather than slowly building up that makes it harder for anyone.

Comment

This type of person was never supposed to have a lot of money in the first place and would not have had money without the anomaly of professional sport so it's entirely natural they would end up back where they started.

A lot of today's boxers will end up the same way. You already kind of tell someone like Tim Bradley or Andre Ward will likely retain their wealth while someone like Adrien Broner or Floyd Mayweather will likely squander theirs and have to keep fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                This type of person was never supposed to have a lot of money in the first place and would not have had money without the anomaly of professional sport so it's entirely natural they would end up back where they started.

A lot of today's boxers will end up the same way. You already kind of tell someone like Tim Bradley or Andre Ward will likely retain their wealth while someone like Adrien Broner or Floyd Mayweather will likely squander theirs and have to keep fighting.
                Wasn't there a story about how Floyd spent all his Delahoya/Ricky Hatton money during his 2 year layoff and had to almost start from scratch with the Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz string of fights, just to load back up. It got forgotten about and then it switched over to Pacquiao having the same problems, though now it's subsided with him too.

Pacquiao is probably set for life now that he is a political figure on top of a national one. He can fight just for the extra luxury of it. Floyd is not politically connected but he may survive too off of his celebrity status, though there is not much he can do outside of Boxing. He could probably make a nice living doing what Dennis Rodman did in his post-retirement day, and what some of Jersey Shore cast did, which is take money from Clubs to make an appearance and party there so they can promote their establishment. Or make an appearance at some rachet reality show on BET.

Comment

Some ex pros make more dough fighting underground,i know a couple ex pros who have fought for £100,000.which was more than what they were getting when the said people had a title/titles.

The likes of Evanders story doesn't make me feel sorry for him one bit.Fighters tend to carry on due to outside influences i.e entourage saying their still great and they still have it..

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    Some ex pros make more dough fighting underground,i know a couple ex pros who have fought for £100,000.which was more than what they were getting when the said people had a title/titles.

The likes of Evanders story doesn't make me feel sorry for him one bit.Fighters tend to carry on due to outside influences i.e entourage saying their still great and they still have it..
                    Dude you need your eggs and bacon ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X