Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who will take Bringers place.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      I can't speak for REED or Boston, but I never got paid a cent. That's another thing that really pissed me off and lead to this decision, honestly. It's not just the fact that there's no financial compensation for all the time you have to put in checking out reported posts, banning users, deleting, merging, and sticking posts and threads - It's the fact that I got no compensation at all.

A good example would be how Boston and REED both have unlimited karma. I did the same job that they did for the most part and asked BPP for unlimited karma multiple times and never got it. I know that probably seems like a stupid thing, but it was what I wanted to do with it that would've made a difference : I wanted the unlimited K so that I could use it to reward you guys for making this a better lounge. I planned on dishing it out as a reward system of sorts for good posting or helping us with our jobs. Like when you guys tell us about a thread that needs investigating (like Anorak just did with the muslim bashing threads) - We can't be everywhere at once, so I wanted that karma to encourage users to take a more active role in cleaning this place up.

Maybe it would've worked. Maybe it wouldn't have. But I was never even given the opportunity to try it out and that irked me. It could've made my job a bit easier and it would've given you guys a new policy to vote on, giving you a voice and bringing you into the fold a bit regarding site duties, which is what I always strived for when I was a staff member.
      You did the right thing. Time is money, moderating the must popular boxing website full of international members is a tough job that deserves compensation. It is literally a job. I mean you could pretty much use your volunteer moderating experience in a job hunt, if it's computer oriented. All you have to do is exaggerate what you did. Also use it as some kind of leadership experience that you gained, etc.

Comment

Bringer was a Mod?

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

People who want to be the Mod should nominate themselves. And then Get Voted on by the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I would like to go on record that the lounge has been a better place with Bringer on staff. The last week or two the lounge in his absense has fallen with threads that should not have been made and wouldn't have with moderation.
              I'm quoting this because it absolutely needs to be read. I came back today to discover 4 ridiculously offensive threads active in the lounge : One asking black users what kind of fried chicken was tastiest, and 3 basically advocating a genocide against muslims, equating all muslims with scum and celebrating US air strikes.

The latter 3 were so ****ing distasteful that it took Anorak creating a thread about them to finally get some action done...by me, returning from a vacation. I don't think I need to point out how ****ed up it is that it takes a guy like ANORAK saying "that's too much" to draw attention from the mods to close down the threads. Even then, the mod that did it was me - The guy who officially stepped down from his staff position weeks ago.

This place is currently out of control and, unless we get a replacement for me or REED and Boston step up their presence, I imagine it's only going to get worse from here.

You did the right thing. Time is money, moderating the must popular boxing website full of international members is a tough job that deserves compensation. It is literally a job. I mean you could pretty much use your volunteer moderating experience in a job hunt, if it's computer oriented. All you have to do is exaggerate what you did. Also use it as some kind of leadership experience that you gained, etc.
              Another major issue I have with this place is the ****ing viruses. I understand that we all need to make ends meet, but this place is notorious among internet forums for whoring itself out to anybody and everybody they can to make a buck. Here I am a volunteer staffer who took an unpaid job to help keep this place running smoothly and the site itself is infecting my ****ing computer and causing it to malfunction. That happened twice in the last year alone. Since I joined up in 2006, I've probably caught no less than a dozen viruses from this place.

Our site security is a ****ing joke and everybody knows it. That's why we always have users creating threads in the comments and suggestions thread wondering why their PC has turned into a turd since posting here. It's also why we've been flooded by alts, trolls, and other such goons - We have no real power to keep anybody from posting here. It's a ****ty Vbulletin setup that even the most ******ed person can bypass with a proxy or a VPN.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Well, not now, anyway. You guys will have to buy my "tell all" book for that.

Comment

I'm quoting this because it absolutely needs to be read. I came back today to discover 4 ridiculously offensive threads active in the lounge : One asking black users what kind of fried chicken was tastiest, and 3 basically advocating a genocide against muslims, equating all muslims with scum and celebrating US air strikes.

The latter 3 were so ****ing distasteful that it took Anorak creating a thread about them to finally get some action done...by me, returning from a vacation. I don't think I need to point out how ****ed up it is that it takes a guy like ANORAK saying "that's too much" to draw attention from the mods to close down the threads. Even then, the mod that did it was me - The guy who officially stepped down from his staff position weeks ago.

This place is currently out of control and, unless we get a replacement for me or REED and Boston step up their presence, I imagine it's only going to get worse from here.

Another major issue I have with this place is the ****ing viruses. I understand that we all need to make ends meet, but this place is notorious among internet forums for whoring itself out to anybody and everybody they can to make a buck. Here I am a volunteer staffer who took an unpaid job to help keep this place running smoothly and the site itself is infecting my ****ing computer and causing it to malfunction. That happened twice in the last year alone. Since I joined up in 2006, I've probably caught no less than a dozen viruses from this place.

Our site security is a ****ing joke and everybody knows it. That's why we always have users creating threads in the comments and suggestions thread wondering why their PC has turned into a turd since posting here. It's also why we've been flooded by alts, trolls, and other such goons - We have no real power to keep anybody from posting here. It's a ****ty Vbulletin setup that even the most ******ed person can bypass with a proxy or a VPN.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Well, not now, anyway. You guys will have to buy my "tell all" book for that.
                So are you going to continue to use the threads like everyone else, just without mod power.

Comment

You know what ninja???.....You're acting like a little b!tch right now ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    So are you going to continue to use the threads like everyone else, just without mod power.
                    Absolutely. I'll go back to posting as normal like I did before I got the job.

You know what ninja???.....You're acting like a little b!tch right now ninja.
                    Keep fishing.

Comment

Absolutely. I'll go back to posting as normal like I did before I got the job.

Keep fishing.

Are you still going to be a mod for the time being until your replacement is appointed, Kind of like the president I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X