Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top 5 NBA small forwards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one was talking about Leonard as one of the elite SF's mentioning him with Paul George or Kevin Durant or anything until the finals. I just wanna see that Kawhi Leonard for an entire season and not just one series. That's all.

Comment

Leonard just happens to play in a great system that benefits his playing style. I bet Jimmy Butler would put up similar numbers if he were to play for the Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Leonard just happens to play in a great system that benefits his playing style. I bet Jimmy Butler would put up similar numbers if he were to play for the Spurs.
        I think Leonard is good, on the come up, but I wanna see that Leonard for a whole season. I think Chandler Parsons certainly deserves mention as the #5 guy, along with Leonard. It's one or the other, but I like what Parsons did throughout the year. We haven't seen THAT Kawhi Leonard for a significant period of time. But perhaps that finals was his breakout, we'll find out. I don't think we're going to see Leonard take over games like that on a consistent basis until he's THE MAN in San Antonio. They have too many other options right now.

I like the guy, but there's no way I'd put him over Lebron, Durant, Melo, or George. It's him or Parsons for that fifth spot. But people need to cool it with the Leonard hype....you guys are talking about him like he's the second coming of Dr J or some ****.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 07-25-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          Yes, I was surprised and very disappointed. He gave my city four great years and I'll always be grateful for all the great memories, but he knew Wade and Bosh couldn't be relied upon anymore and the rest of the team were inept on both ends of the court. Oh well, now other NBA fans won't have to hate the Heat 24/7 as much as they did in the last four years. The Heat are going to be irrelevant for a few years, but Riley will make something happen before he retires.
          The East is so bad that you guys should still make the playoffs. Just 4 short years ago Wade and Bosh were seen as elite players. Both guys should be extremely motivated this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            The East is so bad that you guys should still make the playoffs. Just 4 short years ago Wade and Bosh were seen as elite players. Both guys should be extremely motivated this year.
            I think the East is better than it was last year though, at least more competitive. Still nothing like the West, where even good teams won't make the playoffs.

I think the Heat will be the 3 seed. Cav's and Bulls will be the Top 2 with the realistic shot at maybe winning a title.

But the West is a damn beast....

San Antonio - Defending champs all returning
            Oklahoma City - Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka
            LA Clips - Paul/Griffin/DeAndre Jordan
            Houston - Howard/Harden/Ariza
            Golden State - Curry/Thompson/Iguodala/Lee
            Portland - Aldridge/Lillard

All 6 could easily win 55+ games depending on how everything shapes out.

Dallas - Dirk/Ellis/Chandler/Parsons
            Phoenix - Bledsoe/Thomas/Dragic/Morris/Green
            Denver - Lawson/Affalo/Gallinari/W Chandler/Farried
            Memphis - M Gasol/Randolph/Conley

These teams would probably all be anywhere from 3-5 seeds in the East, and 2 of them won't make the playoffs even. The NBA really needs a way to just do the best 16 make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post

It all depends on Wade's health(knees). If he's healthy enough, he can be a consistent playmaker and secondary option. He missed more than 25 games last season, but he had LeBron to carried the loads. It will be hard for him to play 60+ games at a high efficient level and not break down because teams are going to put more pressure on him now that LeBron won't no longer be the focal point of the team offense. Taking plays off, sitting games out was one of the perks of having a great all-around player like LeBron on the team, and now Wade will have to squeeze out a "vintage Wade" season one last time.

Bosh has a weak inside game and will get push around more so than he did in the last four years. He'll likely be the primary option with that new contract of his, but the Heat are still going to be a weak interior defensive team and one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. I think Bosh will average 20+ PPG and 9+ boards. Does he have the type of impact that can cover up some of the team's biggest flaws as LeBron did?

I think Miami will make the playoffs, but I'm not so sure that we can be one of the top five best teams in the east. I think it will be, 1.Bulls, 2.Cavs, 3.Wizards, 4. Raptors, 5. Pacers, 6. Heat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I think the East is better than it was last year though, at least more competitive. Still nothing like the West, where even good teams won't make the playoffs.

I think the Heat will be the 3 seed. Cav's and Bulls will be the Top 2 with the realistic shot at maybe winning a title.

But the West is a damn beast....

San Antonio - Defending champs all returning
                Oklahoma City - Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka
                LA Clips - Paul/Griffin/DeAndre Jordan
                Houston - Howard/Harden/Ariza
                Golden State - Curry/Thompson/Iguodala/Lee
                Portland - Aldridge/Lillard

All 6 could easily win 55+ games depending on how everything shapes out.

Dallas - Dirk/Ellis/Chandler/Parsons
                Phoenix - Bledsoe/Thomas/Dragic/Morris/Green
                Denver - Lawson/Affalo/Gallinari/W Chandler/Farried
                Memphis - M Gasol/Randolph/Conley

These teams would probably all be anywhere from 3-5 seeds in the East, and 2 of them won't make the playoffs even. The NBA really needs a way to just do the best 16 make it.
                The East has improved but it's still very bad. If Cleveland gets Love, they should be the odds on favorite to win the East. As of right now, I'd say Chicago is the Eastern conference favorite, assuming Rose is healthy. I really don't even think Chicago is an elite team, that shows how bad the East is. I really like what Dallas has done this off season. They're my sleeper team in the West. If Dallas played in the East they'd have a good chance to make the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Leonard doesn't deserve it yet......he had a great finals run but that's it. He still only averaged like 11-12 a game during the season.

Expectations are going to be way way way too high for him after his finals run. He won't be able to duplicate that for an entire year.

when is his contract up?

Comment

You guys do realize that we can make the same exact case for Chandler Parsons right?

What if he's playing on a grind it out defensive team like the Bulls? Would he have the same spacing and offense to operate? Here's the kicker. He doesn't play 1/10th of the same defense that Kawhi plays.

Does Houston's offensive oriented team inflate his stats? What happens when a coach like Thibs asks him to check the best defensive player night in and night out? Would he have the same energy on the offensive side of the ball?

C'mon man, you can't even make an argument for Parsons > Leonard.

I don't even feel like I'm exaggerating when I say that 9/10 teams would take Leonard in a heart beat > Parsons. I know Houston damn sure would.

Comment

Was anyone mentioning Kawhi Leonard in the conversation of elite SF's with Paul George and co. before the finals????

No. I just want to see that finals Kawhi Leonard before we crown him the next king of the universe like everyone seems to be doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X