Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys work a commission only job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you talking about cold calling? Does the company provide leads?

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
      Unless the commission is poossay or :*******:...........fook no....

base + comish.....that's a dif story.....
      yeah thats what the F im saying! but they claiming theres no base cause sales reps own entire territorys with unlimited commissions?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Are you talking about cold calling? Does the company provide leads?
        they provide leads its both inside/outside sales with your own territory

but yeah im used to salary + bonus + commission

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          its an electronics company from japan but theres about 10 corporate offices alone in the so cal region.

the average sales reps make about 60k the top guys make 280k to 450K.

The recruited me pretty hard cause of my property management experiences and sales so they know im used to driving all around my territory already i guess?

I wanted to work within 10miles of my crib but these guys are literally the only offer i got so far after 20 interviews of everyone saying im over qualified!

if the average guy is pulling in $60k, that means it's quite common to make less. that probably means that a lot of people fail at this job.

i'd steer clear of this place unless you have some sort of advantage when you're starting out.

the sales jobs i've looked at have all started with a salary. my brother is now a successful realtor, but he wasn't when he started out. he had to borrow money from my parents over his first winter. it's a daunting concept to be working for free if you don't sell.

if you're really that overqualified, i would raise any concerns that you have in your first or second interview. i don't have a ton of experience applying to gigantic companies, but the smaller companies that i work with regularly make their living by being flexible.

if you're concerned about the commission / lack of a salary, raise that concern at your next interview with them. maybe they're flexible with starting salaries, and they just won't mention it unless you ask. maybe they've got some early leads for you to get you going. you might simply get your interviewer talking more about what you'll be doing, and get a better idea of whether or not you'll be successful.

also, are you interviewing / in contact with one person? i consider it my cheif task in professional settings liek this one to make sure that the person i'm working with likes me. that's something i've learned from my father. it goes such a long way! use your relationship with your interviewer / contact within the company to try and find information, or see if there's going to be any wiggle room with a starting salary.

you're overqualified, right? qualified people know what they want, and they know how to get it. you gotta start throwing your weight around a bit, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if the average guy is pulling in $60k, that means it's quite common to make less. that probably means that a lot of people fail at this job.

i'd steer clear of this place unless you have some sort of advantage when you're starting out.

the sales jobs i've looked at have all started with a salary. my brother is now a successful realtor, but he wasn't when he started out. he had to borrow money from my parents over his first winter. it's a daunting concept to be working for free if you don't sell.

if you're really that overqualified, i would raise any concerns that you have in your first or second interview. i don't have a ton of experience applying to gigantic companies, but the smaller companies that i work with regularly make their living by being flexible.

if you're concerned about the commission / lack of a salary, raise that concern at your next interview with them. maybe they're flexible with starting salaries, and they just won't mention it unless you ask. maybe they've got some early leads for you to get you going. you might simply get your interviewer talking more about what you'll be doing, and get a better idea of whether or not you'll be successful.

also, are you interviewing / in contact with one person? i consider it my cheif task in professional settings liek this one to make sure that the person i'm working with likes me. that's something i've learned from my father. it goes such a long way! use your relationship with your interviewer / contact within the company to try and find information, or see if there's going to be any wiggle room with a starting salary.

you're overqualified, right? qualified people know what they want, and they know how to get it. you gotta start throwing your weight around a bit, bro.
            yeah the problem is ive been on 20 interviews and they all decline me cuz im over qualified. i had only 2 offers so far they both were commission based one was hour away so i declined that already this one is 15min away but a much larger reputable name thats nationwide.

i know what your saying about throwing my weight around but literally 20min of my hour interview is me trying to convince them that i want to start over and lower pay is fine and starting over is fine, but of course they decide im still over qualified.

i was thinking since this company is so well known if i throw it on my resume then next year people can see i've been working for this big name company doing sales and they'll take a better chance on hiring me if it doesnt work out.

or of course if it works out then ill be making good money hopefully?

i know the first 3-4months will probably be hell.

They do pay for mileage, benefits, and give me an ipad lol.

Comment

I did when I was 16. Worked for Citibank, used to have to call people and see if they wanted to upgrade their Citibank credit cards. I made a killing

Comment

Does this company have a high turnover rate,, if yes then i would probably avoid it unless it was a last ditch move

Comment

I would need at least some base pay to pay for necessities.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    yeah thats what the F im saying! but they claiming theres no base cause sales reps own entire territorys with unlimited commissions?
                    code for .........you working without pay some times................

Comment

Sales requires a dynamic personality and hunger to make lots of money. It is alot of work but if you are the right guy for the job, the sky is the limit. I know guys who have retired after 10 years in the business.

Comment

Working...
                      X