Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys work a commission only job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Would you guys work a commission only job?

So I finally got a job offer after like 20 interviews of them saying i'm overqualified the problem is its commission based only!

I never worked a commission based only job before. I did dabble in real estate but that was pretty much good investments and i was able to flip those properties real quick like in a year or two at most and I was working my property management job anyway so that doesn't count.

I'm just concerned that it will be like I'm still unemployed until i start making some big sales right? i checked online and it says some top sales are making good money but I guess it all depends on your territory?

I'm not too thrilled about accepting this offer so I might just keep interviewing in the mean time and try to stall this guy's offer till he says he can't hold it any longer?

Do any of you work only commission based jobs with no salary? how is it? what do you do? thanks

Nope, never. Never have done it, and hope to God that I never have to.

Comment

I work for a commercial real estate company. While I"m not on commission the brokers are 100%.

Some have told me they went 6 months with a pay cheque. You eat what you kill and you don't have that comfort of getting the same pay every two weeks.

I saw one cheque for 8 grand from one guy here but he said it's not always like that. I honestly don't know how they do it, if you have a family to feed then you need to make sure your wife has a good job with a decent income to supplement the times you're not getting paid.

It's not for everyone as it's a grind. But when they do get paid, they sure get paid handsomely. I know of one broker who got paid 1.2 million from a deal she did with louis vitton. Good luck if you take it

Comment

I'm a bartender, so in a way, yes.

Comment

I think it is smart to stay away from those. What kind of sales is it?

Comment

I have and done well. I also done it and haven't done so well.

Comment

Did it as a courier driver when I was at uni but that's a bit different since they give you the jobs over the radio it's mostly just luck how well you do.

If you can do it well it's fine I guess. My uncle does it. He sells blinds or something.

He got offered a management job on salary but made way more on commission.

Comment

nope...can't do that...back when i was in sales, my old company got bought out..the only way the new owners got me to leave was restructuring my pay to commission only

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  I think it is smart to stay away from those. What kind of sales is it?
                  its an electronics company from japan but theres about 10 corporate offices alone in the so cal region.

the average sales reps make about 60k the top guys make 280k to 450K.

The recruited me pretty hard cause of my property management experiences and sales so they know im used to driving all around my territory already i guess?

I wanted to work within 10miles of my crib but these guys are literally the only offer i got so far after 20 interviews of everyone saying im over qualified!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    So I finally got a job offer after like 20 interviews of them saying i'm overqualified the problem is its commission based only!

I never worked a commission based only job before. I did dabble in real estate but that was pretty much good investments and i was able to flip those properties real quick like in a year or two at most and I was working my property management job anyway so that doesn't count.

I'm just concerned that it will be like I'm still unemployed until i start making some big sales right? i checked online and it says some top sales are making good money but I guess it all depends on your territory?

I'm not too thrilled about accepting this offer so I might just keep interviewing in the mean time and try to stall this guy's offer till he says he can't hold it any longer?

Do any of you work only commission based jobs with no salary? how is it? what do you do? thanks
                    Unless the commission is poossay or :*******:...........fook no....

base + comish.....that's a dif story.....

Comment

Working...
                    X