Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PUBLIC POLL : Violent assault videos being posted here in the lounge - Yay or Nay?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    This isn't a public forum... it's a privately owned forum.

If those types of threads pretty much just cause problems every time they are posted then they probably shouldn't be posted anymore.

But I'm fine with a poll.
    I think this is right!

Comment

• race baiters will always be race baiters...they'll always find a way.

sanitizing the lounge of threads with videos/news that could easily end up in your local news broadcast is unnecessary imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxy View Post
        I think this is right!
        I disagree with REED on this one. At first I agreed with his stance and considered wiping them entirely, but now that I've read all the feedback and see how close the poll is I don't think more moderation is the answer on this particular issue.

The answer here is to continue to allow them but for me to police them more rigidly. I don't want to have to actually check out all of these threads because I find them repugnant and don't understand how people can derive entertainment from the needless violent assault and public humiliation of an innocent and unsuspecting person, but I also don't want to divide our board or make anybody feel like I'm subverting their opinion.

I'm a mod, but I'm also a longtime user of this forum and multiple others, so I don't really buy into the notion that we (staff) make the rules as we see fit. I've been part of many message boards over the years and I can honestly say that the best among them where the ones where the staff valued the opinion of the userbase and worked with them in an effort to create the best forum environment possible.

In retrospect, I should've chosen my thread title wording and laid out my argument a bit more carefully, as I can see by the reactions here that it's giving some users the impression that I'm goose-stepping over my bounds here. That wasn't my intent at all. My intent was to open a public conversation on the pros and cons of said threads to get some perspective because, like I said, I honestly just don't understand the lure of them. They pretty much repulse me and usually lead to problems regarding comments made within them.

You guys are free to continue posting and discussing those videos. I'll probably even be part of the discussion from here on out since I'm going to have to step up my presence in them. Just don't make ugly comments about the race of the participants and we'll all continue to get along just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          I disagree with REED on this one.At first I agreed with his stance and considered wiping them entirely, but now that I've read all the feedback and see how close the poll is I don't think more moderation is the answer on this particular issue.

The answer here is to continue to allow them but for me to police them more rigidly. I don't want to have to actually check out all of these threads because I find them repugnant and don't understand how people can derive entertainment from the needless violent assault and public humiliation of an innocent and unsuspecting person, but I also don't want to divide our board or make anybody feel like I'm subverting their opinion.

I'm a mod, but I'm also a longtime user of this forum and multiple others, so I don't really buy into the notion that we (staff) make the rules as we see fit. I've been part of many message boards over the years and I can honestly say that the best among them where the ones where the staff valued the opinion of the userbase and worked with them in an effort to create the best forum environment possible.

In retrospect, I should've chosen my thread title wording and laid out my argument a bit more carefully, as I can see by the reactions here that it's giving some users the impression that I'm goose-stepping over my bounds here. That wasn't my intent at all. My intent was to open a public conversation on the pros and cons of said threads to get some perspective because, like I said, I honestly just don't understand the lure of them. They pretty much repulse me and usually lead to problems regarding comments made within them.

You guys are free to continue posting and discussing those videos. I'll probably even be part of the discussion from here on out since I'm going to have to step up my presence in them. Just don't make ugly comments about the race of the participants and we'll all continue to get along just fine.

Comment

I disagree with REED on this one. At first I agreed with his stance and considered wiping them entirely, but now that I've read all the feedback and see how close the poll is I don't think more moderation is the answer on this particular issue.

Comment

• This thread made me really happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post

Comment

You feeling left out, big guy?

C'mere, son.

Comment

• So since we can post them I thought I'd share this DEFENSIVE MASTERPIECE that I just found by going to WorldStar

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      So since we can post them I thought I'd share this DEFENSIVE MASTERPIECE that I just found by going to WorldStar

that is absolutely beautiful.

how could anybody ban something so majestic as this?

green k given. that deserves its own thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X