No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    It's the official lounge stock market investment advice thread.

I have been interested in the markets and investments since I was a kid and have been an active investor since my teenage years.. I have a degree in business and a minor in finance and accounting.

I have a fairly good track record over 2 decades of investing..

If you have any questions about investing or how the stock market works, or bonds, etc. please feel free to post them. I will answer all questions..

I'm not expert, but no one really is.. The market has too many variables, but there is a way to pinpoint good value and make wise investments..

My strategy involves long term investments and not get rich quick type trading

So please, ask away and I shall answer
    You won your bet with Eff Pandas. Bitcoin fell below 10,000. You could have easily won $50 and gave it my broke a$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Wal-Mart holding up. I have been watching for that below $80 drop.
      What else you said you were looking at?
      I’m eyeing wmt as well, below $80 is ideal, and I think it may come. They are sliding, it will take time, they won’t crash. Next earnings report will trigger if it goes below 80 or stays above IMO.

Market is expensive right now, but coming back down to reality a bit.

Recently I just bought msft at 92.50, and yesterday stitch fix (SFIX) at 22.19.

SFIX is brand new, but every girl I know uses it, it’s like amazon for wardrobes. I bought it just because it recently IPO and my girl, 2 cousins, 2 sisters, and a few girls at work use it.
      Usually wouldn’t buy a stock like that but taking a gamble on girls loving wardrobes. Did 700 million in 2016, turned public and did 900 million last year, projected to do 1 billion this year.
      It’s like Netflix but instead of shows, it’s fashion and accessories for cheap monthly rate.

Also looking to reorganize by ETFs and index funds, I will go more in detail on that when I got time.

Right now just looking to add to my positions in good companies mainly JPM below 112, and DIS below 100

Comment

You won your bet with Eff Pandas. Bitcoin fell below 10,000. You could have easily won $50 and gave it my broke a$$.
        Lol,, I think bet was it hitting 5k not 10k, maybe I’m wrong.

Eff pandas being a bytch and got me on ignore anyways, so whatever.

Comment

Lol,, I think bet was it hitting 5k not 10k, maybe I’m wrong.

Eff pandas being a bytch and got me on ignore anyways, so whatever.
          How did that happen?
          Were you stupidly-harsh as usual?

Comment

How did that happen?
            Were you stupidly-harsh as usual?
            Yeah probably but I ain’t got time for hurt feelings. I even pm him a couple times a few weeks ago saying sorry for going hard on him, nothing personal. He just cold shouldered me.
            But then this week he got me on ignore.
            So **** it, he was always cool, we just disagreed about crypto and he took it personally.
            I don’t really care either way, it’s a ****ing Internet forum, not to be taken so seriously

Comment

I’m eyeing wmt as well, below $80 is ideal, and I think it may come. They are sliding, it will take time, they won’t crash. Next earnings report will trigger if it goes below 80 or stays above IMO.

Market is expensive right now, but coming back down to reality a bit.

Recently I just bought msft at 92.50, and yesterday stitch fix (SFIX) at 22.19.

SFIX is brand new, but every girl I know uses it, it’s like amazon for wardrobes. I bought it just because it recently IPO and my girl, 2 cousins, 2 sisters, and a few girls at work use it.
              Usually wouldn’t buy a stock like that but taking a gamble on girls loving wardrobes. Did 700 million in 2016, turned public and did 900 million last year, projected to do 1 billion this year.
              It’s like Netflix but instead of shows, it’s fashion and accessories for cheap monthly rate.

Also looking to reorganize by ETFs and index funds, I will go more in detail on that when I got time.

Right now just looking to add to my positions in good companies mainly JPM below 112, and DIS below 100
              Stocks to buy and at what price

Wal-Mart under $80
              Buy SFIX
              JPM below $112

DIS below $100

Comment

Stocks to buy and at what price

Wal-Mart under $80
                Buy SFIX
                JPM below $112

DIS below $100
                SFIX I'm not suggesting it as a buy, just a gamble since its young and growing, and every female i know is using it

I bought 20 shares and dropped about $460. Its not a very big position.

JPM you can buy at anytime, i just think its severely undervalued below 112. It should be above $120 by the end of the year, they will have record earnings this year and pop huge, and are trading at cheaper valuation than BAC

Disney is a long term bet, once they go full into streaming the stock will pop.
                Im a long time holder of disney, but gobbled up shares recently when it was in the low 90s.
                I doubt it goes below 100 unless trump says some shyt that will spook the market for a day or so.

For the past 2 months or so, whenever the market gets spooked and sells off, I BUY BUY BUY.
                You aren't going to get a full scale market crash with company fundamentals as healthy as they are so buy these stupid dips when the market is stupid.

So far in the past few months on the dips i have nailed on limit order
                MKSI at 95
                FB at 176 it plunged for a day due to algorithm change
                Apple at 171
                MSFT this past week at 92.40
                QQQ about a week ago at 164.50
                SFIX yesterday during its 11% plunge, i bought at 22.19 and by end of day had bounced back from 11% to finish about 9% down, and i was up 20cents.

All of them are in the green, MKSI is already up over 20% for me since december

Buy the dips in good companies

All cost basis include commission fees

Comment

SFIX I'm not suggesting it as a buy, just a gamble since its young and growing, and every female i know is using it

I bought 20 shares and dropped about $460. Its not a very big position.

JPM you can buy at anytime, i just think its severely undervalued below 112. It should be above $120 by the end of the year, they will have record earnings this year and pop huge, and are trading at cheaper valuation than BAC

Disney is a long term bet, once they go full into streaming the stock will pop.
                  Im a long time holder of disney, but gobbled up shares recently when it was in the low 90s.
                  I doubt it goes below 100 unless trump says some shyt that will spook the market for a day or so.

For the past 2 months or so, whenever the market gets spooked and sells off, I BUY BUY BUY.
                  You aren't going to get a full scale market crash with company fundamentals as healthy as they are so buy these stupid dips when the market is stupid.

So far in the past few months on the dips i have nailed on limit order
                  MKSI at 95
                  FB at 176 it plunged for a day due to algorithm change
                  Apple at 171
                  MSFT this past week at 92.40
                  QQQ about a week ago at 164.50
                  SFIX yesterday during its 11% plunge, i bought at 22.19 and by end of day had bounced back from 11% to finish about 9% down, and i was up 20cents.

All of them are in the green, MKSI is already up over 20% for me since december

Buy the dips in good companies

All cost basis include commission fees
                  I will go through and bold your predictions later.

Comment

I will go through and bold your predictions later.
                    Your so ****ing gay..

I see your agenda

"I'm gonna bold them, and them comeback if they are down later and play GOTCHA, or if they rise I'm not going to say shyt"

Standard siablo trolling,, step your game up

But go ahead and play your game, you might actually learn something instead of lying and faking that you owned jamaican stocks

But go ahead and bold, I stand by my claims and have put money into each one.

Comment

Your so ****ing gay..

I see your agenda

"I'm gonna bold them, and them comeback if they are down later and play GOTCHA, or if they rise I'm not going to say shyt"

Standard siablo trolling,, step your game up

But go ahead and play your game, you might actually learn something instead of lying and faking that you owned jamaican stocks

But go ahead and bold, I stand by my claims and have put money into each one.
                      If that was my goal, why would I tell you and here I was thinking we were making grounds on respecting each other.

Remember the story of the monkey doing better at the stock markets than experts:
                      Give a monkey enough darts and they’ll beat the market. So says a draft article by Research Affiliates highlighting the simulated results of 100 monkeys throwing darts at the stock pages in a newspaper. The average monkey outperformed the index by an average of 1.7 percent per year since 1964. That’s a lot of bananas!

What is all this monkey business? It started in 1973 when Princeton University professor Burton Malkiel claimed in his bestselling book, A Random Walk Down Wall Street, that “A blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a newspaper's financial pages could select a portfolio that would do just as well as one carefully selected by experts.”

“Malkiel was wrong,” stated Rob Arnott, CEO of Research Affiliates, while speaking at the IMN Global Indexing and ETFs conference earlier this month. “The monkeys have done a much better job than both the experts and the stock market.
                      https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickfer.../#1f86d093630a

So knowing that story and knowing that luck plays a role in the stock market gains, how could I turn around and laugh ta you. Unexpected shocks will occur at sometime.

Gimme more credit than that, Ali. I guess you can't see past me being a broke man.

Comment

Working...
                      X