No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    who made the most money directed related from the advice this group gave?
    Check back in forty years. We are dealing in index funds. We will see the benefits in 40 years. We should be millionaires by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Gains, I see. 1mil/48,000 * 100 = 2000%

Damn. So why don't more people do this?
      Because it takes time and discipline..

Most people don’t have the patience or they see days like today and get scared and pull out

And a lot of people want to but don’t really know how to get started.

With the internet today, it’s so easy to get started, that’s why I made this thread, to get people involved more in investing.

Get robinhood or a schwab account and buy some SPY PR SPYD OR SCHD OR DIA, AND continually put money into every month and with reinvested dividends it will snowball into a small fortune over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Because it takes time and discipline..

Most people don’t have the patience or they see days like today and get scared and pull out

And a lot of people want to but don’t really know how to get started.

With the internet today, it’s so easy to get started, that’s why I made this thread, to get people involved more in investing.

Get robinhood or a schwab account and buy some SPY PR SPYD OR SCHD OR DIA, AND continually put money into every month and with reinvested dividends it will snowball into a small fortune over time.
        I am in Jamaica. I wonder if we have such services down here.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          who made the most money directed related from the advice this group gave?
          Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Check back in forty years. We are dealing in index funds. We will see the benefits in 40 years. We should be millionaires by then.
          Well if you invested like I said when this thread started in the summer of 2014, you would be up by over 100% and growing

Comment

I am in Jamaica. I wonder if we have such services down here.
            Not sure about robinhood.

I use schwab, and highly recommend them. Go to their website and find out

Comment

I checked. The last time they incurred a net loss was 2014. They had net profits in 2013, 2015, 2016. Y'all made it seem like consecutive years of losses.

But shockingly retained earnings have been negative all those years.
              It’s quarterly not yearly.. they projected they might have some quarterly losses awhile back.

I know they cut expenses way back over the past year or so to minimize losses

Comment

Well if you invested like I said when this thread started in the summer of 2014, you would be up by over 100% and growing
                Wow. That's how long this thread has been around. I never looked at the date.

Comment

It’s quarterly not yearly.. they projected they might have some quarterly losses awhile back.

I know they cut expenses way back over the past year or so to minimize losses
                  Oh. What I saw were the annual reports.

Comment

Oh. What I saw were the annual reports.
                    Yeah annuals should be pretty strong, but like you spotted, those retained earnings has been eroding.

Nothing to worry about, they are just spending more now to make more later. The network prints money for them, it was just a colossal business transformation for them as they went away from ppv to their own streaming site.

Brilliant long term move, but short term cash eater to get it established.

Saw the same thing with Microsoft in the early days of Xbox and bing

Comment

• As I mentioned earlier, gut feel caused me to cash out of the market in early January and based on today's prices, it is a decision that saved me a lot e.g. sold a share at $140 + change and today it's trading at $96.50

Have also made a quick profit on an AUD/USD trade (roughly 3% in a week) so happy days

There are some top quality stocks in Australia that are starting to look cheap IMO (6% fully franked yield = roughly 8% pre-tax) and I'll buy some on a bit more weakness
                      Last edited by Tomjas; 02-05-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X