No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I never had Flow shares. I would let you know why I didn't by Flow but then that would be sharing too much info about myself on here.

Spence vs Peterson up next who you got?
    Spence gonna beat that ass..

Peterson will be game, I love Peterson, I actually fought on his undercard years ago in 2006 as an amateur, opening bout.

But Peterson no match for a peaking Spence..

Good early, then Peterson gets broken down much like kell Brook..

Spence ko 5-8

Comment

I never had Flow shares. I would let you know why I didn't by Flow but then that would be sharing too much info about myself on here.

Spence vs Peterson up next who you got?
      For real, all jokes and trolling aside, you need to buy index funds that track the market and not just try and pick out individual stocks.

Find a low cost index fund, and buy it occasionally, like once a month or every other or twice a month.. just don’t buy all
      at once..

So if you got 1000 you want to invest, don’t buy all at once. Spend $50 bucks every other week into an index fund, till it’s gone. Hopefully by the time you have gone thru it, you have saved some more.
      I personally used this method years ago, and it’s a great building block. You can do it for the rest of your life and have a nice nest egg in old age.

I personally do it to this day..

I use SWPPX, it’s a schwab index fund that tracks the S&P.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Spence gonna beat that ass..

Peterson will be game, I love Peterson, I actually fought on his undercard years ago in 2006 as an amateur, opening bout.

But Peterson no match for a peaking Spence..

Good early, then Peterson gets broken down much like kell Brook..

Spence ko 5-8
        Spence by decision or KO 9-12.
        Damn, you used to fight too? We gotta discuss this tomorrow

Comment

Spence by decision or KO 9-12.
          Damn, you used to fight too? We gotta discuss this tomorrow
          Yes I fought but only as an amateur..

In the army and then thru college with the Peoria Athletic Club and then with Francis sergeant

My last bout was 2010, and since 2013 just been to busy to really even train or spar.

Comment

siablo14

boom

Comment

Got it. It's only ten pages. I thought it was longer.

Comment

Got it. It's only ten pages. I thought it was longer.
                Not a lot of investors in the lounge

Comment

Good question... I'm a huge wrestling fan and have followed this stock since it went public in the late 90s..

Wwe earlier this year had a huge run-up from the 10-12 range all the way up to 30 in a matter of a few weeks. This was due to the rollout of the wwe network, they were hoping for at least 1 million users in the first year and some analysts had them eventually achieving 7-8 million globally. Their stock price took a huge uptick and got very overpriced, and has since comeback to reality and has been on a downward spiral back to the original levels since the network only has roughly 600k..

Wwe pays a great dividend each year, and has no competition. They are estimating losses over the next few quarters but that shouldn't interfere with the dividend.. The wwe is owned a lot by the McMahon family and key employees so there is a great incentive for management to improve financial ratios..

Even though it seems to have hit the bottom at 11, short term I would hold off until the sept renewals start for the network, that will be an indicator of how well the network is doing.. If only 25% or so reup! then the stock will take another hit probably into the high single digits maybe as low as 6 or 7..
                  Long term if your investment window is 5 years or longer, then I think it's a great investment, and you should reinvest the dividends.. 20 years from now it will seem like a bargain and you will have made some serious cash
                  How can they still pay dividends when they are incurring losses?

Comment

Not a lot of investors in the lounge
                    Some act and talk that way but are afraid to bet any real cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Smart move for all young beginning investors is to put your money in index funds.. They
                      are low cost, some even no cost if u use one of your brokerage's index fund, which is what I do with some of my money.. It's the best and easiest way to build value over time.. Putting 100 bucks a month into an index fund from the ages 25 to 65 would give you a huge nest egg in your old age

I advise to put your first 10 thousand into index funds that track the Dow, S P 500, Nasdaq
                      Red- how much do you estimate that nest egg to be? How interest will you see yearly from the index fund?

Comment

Working...
                      X