No announcement yet.

Civil war is raging in Iraq right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    Remember, we owe china a lot of money, they buy a size able portion of the US national debt

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Ok, the USA has spent 1.5-2 tril,, they got that money by borrowing with interest. I don't know about you but a few points of interest on 1.5-2 tril is a huge amount of money..
      Now that 1.5-2 tril is spent with certain companies to provide war supplies and equipment, and if you consider the no-bid contracts, there is huge profit and great margins for the companies.
      The USA is how much in debt? 15 trillion? 20 trillion? I'm sorry but if you believe wars are started so a group of [already incredibly rich] men can become even richer, then you're an idiot. And which companies made all this money? Give me the names of the men who made these huge profits from the Iraq war.

I don't know the exact reason/s for the Iraq war, but I know for ****ing certain it wasn't for profit, stealing anyone's oil or WMDs. In fact, I'd say there's more chance it was to get rid of WMDs than it was to make profit.

Remember, we owe china a lot of money, they buy a size able portion of the US national debt
      The USA is not in control of Iraq's oil.

Comment

The USA is how much in debt? 15 trillion? 20 trillion? I'm sorry but if you believe wars are started so a group of [already incredibly rich] men can become even richer, then you're an idiot. And which companies made all this money? Give me the names of the men who made these huge profits from the Iraq war.

I don't know the exact reason/s for the Iraq war, but I know for ****ing certain it wasn't for profit, stealing anyone's oil or WMDs. In fact, I'd say there's more chance it was to get rid of WMDs than it was to make profit.

Who are we in debt to?

Halliburton and blackwater would be 2 companies that made huge money, and dozens more..

Where do you think the 1.5-2 tril went?

Who is in control of iraq's oil? The government that the USA helped setup?

Comment

Ok, the USA has spent 1.5-2 tril,, they got that money by borrowing with interest. I don't know about you but a few points of interest on 1.5-2 tril is a huge amount of money..
          Now that 1.5-2 tril is spent with certain companies to provide war supplies and equipment, and if you consider the no-bid contracts, there is huge profit and great margins for the companies.
          Nobel laureate in economics Joseph Stigletz published a volume in 2010 on the cost of the Iraq War in which he conservatively estimated the cost at $3 trillion

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            Nobel laureate in economics Joseph Stigletz published a volume in 2010 on the cost of the Iraq War in which he conservatively estimated the cost at $3 trillion
            I'm sure, there are so many costs associated with war. The aftermath is can be extremely expensive with rebuilding, etc

Comment

I can start by giving you one name. Dick Chenney became a billionaire directly from the Iraq War, by virtue of is Haliburton stock holdings (he being a former Haliburtan CEO).

I gave you the principle reasons for the Iraq War in a prior post. It is geopolitical gamesmanship on the part of the neocons, a huge component of which is the seizing of control of Iraq's oil resources. A component is the handing of these resources to corporate cronies.

Comment

Who are we in debt to?

Halliburton and blackwater would be 2 companies that made huge money, and dozens more..

Where do you think the 1.5-2 tril went?

Who is in control of iraq's oil? The government that the USA helped setup?
                Nope. Iraq's oil fields were state controlled prior to the invasion. Now they are in the hands of oil companies, and defended by US military personnel (on the US taxpayers' dime).

Comment

I'm sure, there are so many costs associated with war. The aftermath is can be extremely expensive with rebuilding, etc
                  That estimate is also about 5 years old, remember. Perhaps it's more like 5 trillion today.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Nope. Iraq's oil fields were state controlled prior to the invasion. Now they are in the hands of oil companies, and defended by US military personnel (on the US taxpayers' dime).
                    Ok, good stuff..

Ps love the fury sig.. Lmao

Comment

Disruptions to oil prices is also a huge source of cost. This is also a huge source of obscene profit for the oil companies.

Comment

Working...
                      X