Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So basically we all got fired NEED a new job ASAP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    Green K wow thanks for the insight. Yeah ditto just like you REI has always been a cool place to shop at and I heard they were really great to their employees thats why I applied. Haven't heard from them yet though.

I too heard Costco employees make bank and have good benefits. I also heard they move up fast in there. Kind of wish I worked there in college as many of my peers did they are now senior management at costco and absolutely love it.

Damn that sucks about Enterprise. Can you elaborate though? I heard it was easy to move into a management position and you basically are just checking people in and walking them to cars to pick out so work wise it was easy and the benefits were pretty good. I did hear the hours are pretty crazy though.
    You in socal right? By the beach? Which REI? Santa Monica? Huntington Beach?

The enterprise reps I dealt with were always talking about how you gotta know the right people in management to get ahead. I don't know, maybe those reps where just ****ty at their jobs.

Comment

Good luck dude! Hope something better comes from it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
        Were you on a temporary contract?. I'm no lawyer, but surely they can't just dismiss you that easily. Have you read through your contract with them?.

Anyway best of luck.
        no ive been a full time employee with them for several years. the management who have been there longer than me are all in their 50's. I'm still in my 30's but those guys were even in worse shape than me. They didn't even know how to use Power Point, or Excel. One guy manually wrote all his reports in a ledger and just xeroxed his reports for our quarterly meetings.

I at least transferred my figures onto a basic excel sheet and was able to make basic excel charts. But thats pretty much all I could do with Excel.

rumor has it that one of the 50 yr old managers complained that he was unlawfully terminated but HR just stated we are not "officially" terminated whatever the hell thats supposed to mean. But come on we can read between the lines here.

another rumor is that if the new generation can't get the job done then they may bring back a handful of us and reinstate us like nothing ever happened. but im not holding my breath for that obviously.

Green K

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          You in socal right? By the beach? Which REI? Santa Monica? Huntington Beach?

The enterprise reps I dealt with were always talking about how you gotta know the right people in management to get ahead. I don't know, maybe those reps where just ****ty at their jobs.
          Which beach would i want to retire by ideally I'd say La Jolla or Carlsbad area but I know its real expensive down there.

REI yeah the HB one you go to the that one too bro?

Yeah I had a friend who worked at the Vegas Enterprise and he said most of the guys would get tipped on the downlow to upgrade cars to luxury cars for free.

I guess in Vegas they make more money like $20/hour from tips and such by upgrading everyone?

I dont think he worked there that long but he was also not that sharp or hardworking he always complained and was bitter in general so I wouldn't really trust his opinion over others more qualified.

A lawyer friend of mine told me he would work at Enterprise if he wasn't a lawyer. He's not a successful lawyer though and I think he was basically saying he might end up working at Enterprise if his income doesn't improve lol

Comment

I wouldn't be set on a place like Enterprise I heard they have a pretty bad turnover rate with new employees.

But in the same sense there is nothing wrong with taking a job now just to have some money coming in and keep looking for a better long term landing spot.

What was the industry you were previously in? Any chance of getting back in with a similar role at a different business? Also if you have a linkedin mine the **** out of that with your connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              I wouldn't be set on a place like Enterprise I heard they have a pretty bad turnover rate with new employees.

But in the same sense there is nothing wrong with taking a job now just to have some money coming in and keep looking for a better long term landing spot.

What was the industry you were previously in? Any chance of getting back in with a similar role at a different business? Also if you have a linkedin mine the **** out of that with your connections.
              Yeah I heard Enterprise has high turn over too but why is that? Cause new employees keep getting fired or cause they dont see the job going any where?

I was working for a property management company we over saw numerous properties in our region. I was even in line to be the next district manager since the older guys didn't want to bother with the stress.

It involves a lot of traveling and long commute. I didn't mind the travel but the long commutes are what kills you being stuck in this LA traffic is like the worst.

I gave Linkedin a try but all it did was spam me with shady schools and shady franchise opportunities they flooded my email with spam and telemarketing phone calls so I basically deleted my account and blocked everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Good luck dude! Hope something better comes from it for you!
                Green K thanks me too i hate having gaps in my employment history and the stress of not having stable income obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Good luck.

Go become a cop or something. I heard the process in California is pretty quick, unlike in NYC where take the exam and get called 2-3 years later.
                  if i could go back to when I was 21 I'd be a cop in a heartbeat i know they got the best benefits and retirement. are you a cop bro?

Comment

Tough break man its rough out there, wish you best of luck.

if you got your drivers license, apply to mor' furniture they have several spots in califonia and you start off at around 19 an hour probably not what you looking for but its decent money till you find something better.
                    Last edited by MaskedMurderer; 06-03-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

good luck dude. hope everything works out.

Comment

Working...
                      X