Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official NFL 2014-2015 Season Page

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kam, Sherman and Thomas are some warriors, those are some serious injuries.

http://q13fox.com/2015/02/04/seahawk...n-mcl-in-knee/

Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor played in Super Bowl with torn MCL

RENTON, Wash. — Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor played in Sunday’s Super Bowl with an injury far more severe than was let on — a torn MCL, Seahawks.com said Wednesday.

Chancellor got a deep bone bruise on the outside of his knee on next-to-last play in last Friday’s practice. But he disclosed Tuesday that the examination for that injury revealed a tear in his medical collateral ligament in his knee, according to Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com.

Head coach Pete Carroll said the MCL tear was likely from a previous injury, but called it “heroic” for Chancellor to play in the big game Sunday. He had 10 tackles, including one for a loss.

“It’s not a matter of talking about being injured and playing, it’s about being grateful for getting the opportunity to still even play through the injury,” Chancellor told Farnsworth.

“There are some people that get injured and can’t even play this game, can’t even play a game. So you’ve got to be grateful for how you’re feeling at the moment. Shoot, my injury happened two days before the game and they told me I wasn’t going to be able to play. They told me, ‘Torn MCL and bone bruise.’ I was mad. I was frustrated. But at the end of the day, I was able to play.”

In addition to Chancellor, safety Richard Sherman played with torn ligaments in his left elbow and CB Earl Thomas played after dislocating his shoulder in the NFC Championship game against the Green Bay Packers.

“It was an extraordinary effort from guys who played through unbelievable issues,” Carroll said. “That was a heroic thing that those guys did to play. They wanted to play for their teammates and they did exactly that, and they did it in great fashion.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Kam, Sherman and Thomas are some warriors, those are some serious injuries.

http://q13fox.com/2015/02/04/seahawk...n-mcl-in-knee/

Seahawks***8217; Kam Chancellor played in Super Bowl with torn MCL

RENTON, Wash. ***8212; Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor played in Sunday***8217;s Super Bowl with an injury far more severe than was let on ***8212; a torn MCL, Seahawks.com said Wednesday.

Chancellor got a deep bone bruise on the outside of his knee on next-to-last play in last Friday***8217;s practice. But he disclosed Tuesday that the examination for that injury revealed a tear in his medical collateral ligament in his knee, according to Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com.

Head coach Pete Carroll said the MCL tear was likely from a previous injury, but called it ***8220;heroic***8221; for Chancellor to play in the big game Sunday. He had 10 tackles, including one for a loss.

***8220;It***8217;s not a matter of talking about being injured and playing, it***8217;s about being grateful for getting the opportunity to still even play through the injury,***8221; Chancellor told Farnsworth.

***8220;There are some people that get injured and can***8217;t even play this game, can***8217;t even play a game. So you***8217;ve got to be grateful for how you***8217;re feeling at the moment. Shoot, my injury happened two days before the game and they told me I wasn***8217;t going to be able to play. They told me, ***8216;Torn MCL and bone bruise.***8217; I was mad. I was frustrated. But at the end of the day, I was able to play.***8221;

In addition to Chancellor, safety Richard Sherman played with torn ligaments in his left elbow and CB Earl Thomas played after dislocating his shoulder in the NFC Championship game against the Green Bay Packers.

***8220;It was an extraordinary effort from guys who played through unbelievable issues,***8221; Carroll said. ***8220;That was a heroic thing that those guys did to play. They wanted to play for their teammates and they did exactly that, and they did it in great fashion.***8221;
      They were trying to pass that off as just a bruise when the guy's wearing a damn brace. Come on, it was clear he had worse injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Infamous View Post
        Thats cuz one game doesnt define his career... it cemented it...

Edit: if the Patriots lost, we would still be debating whos better Manning or Brady... Notice how only a few are actually asking that question...

Brady was great before the SB... Now he's just God...
        Usually gods don't need the other team to go full potato to win the game. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          They were trying to pass that off as just a bruise when the guy's wearing a damn brace. Come on, it was clear he had worse injury.
          Those injured players came damn close to winning. Those guys know they can play through though injuries. imagine if all 3 were healthy.

Comment

• Man...took me awhile to recover but I'm at peace with the loss. Still had the trip of a lifetime and I'm comforted by the fact that most of our key pieces are locked up for the next few years (Kam, Sherm, ET, Bennett, Avril). Now we just need to lock up BWagz and Wilson. Probably Maxwell too. My head is up. Seahawks will be back

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Isn't that a big no-no in the NFL and their rules involving disclosure on injury reports?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                Those injured players came damn close to winning. Those guys know they can play through though injuries. imagine if all 3 were healthy.
                Lol imagine if Rodgers was healthy. Imagine if Edelman was healthy. Imagine if Brady was healthy. Stop making excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler View Post
                  Lol imagine if Rodgers was healthy. Imagine if Edelman was healthy. Imagine if Brady was healthy. Stop making excuses.
                  The Seahawks are a good team. They just didn't get the job done. They should have ran with Lynch.

I bet you have never met a niners fan. They are the stupidist and some of the most obnoxious fans out there.

Raider fans are still p4p #1 craziest fans in sports

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Wow pretty classless from Blount. He wasn't much of a factor and Lynch had a great game, not too mention Blount isn't even half as good as Lynch and never will be.

Lefaggette Blount isn't a tenth of the player Lynch is.
                    Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 02-05-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                      Man...took me awhile to recover but I'm at peace with the loss. Still had the trip of a lifetime and I'm comforted by the fact that most of our key pieces are locked up for the next few years (Kam, Sherm, ET, Bennett, Avril). Now we just need to lock up BWagz and Wilson. Probably Maxwell too. My head is up. Seahawks will be back
                      I thought I was at peace with the L a couple days ago, but nope, still not lol. We'll be back tho, healthy and with a vengeance.

Comment

Working...
                      X