MMA Fighter taps out to spare his opponent from further damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA Fighter taps out to spare his opponent from further damage

http://youtu.be/RyBZQlJ8VeA

Wtf?! Why didn't he just run out the clock?

that reminded me of that movie Best of the Best

Comment

That's pretty honorable and I commented on a thread about the difference in MMA and boxing as far as that attitude. This confirms it, very cool.

Comment

Very respectable move.

Sometimes you have to save a fighter from themselves and this guy, seeing not only how much damage he was doing to his opponent but also how much his opponent was willing to take for the win, did exactly that.

Manny should've done this for Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          Very respectable move.

Sometimes you have to save a fighter from themselves and this guy, seeing not only how much damage he was doing to his opponent but also how much his opponent was willing to take for the win, did exactly that.

Manny should've done this for Margarito.

how? just take a knee and let Tony win?

i think Manny DID the closest thing to that by taking his foot off the pedal

Comment

imagine if you put money on that guy? you're all celebrating and he pulls that ****?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              how? just take a knee and let Tony win?

i think Manny DID the closest thing to that by taking his foot off the pedal
              He should've turned his back like Duran or quit on his stool between rounds.

I'm joking, of course. Still a very selfless gesture by this kid in the video, doe.

Comment

He said he did it because they are amateurs and they aren't getting paid so why risk further damaging his opponent and possibly sending him to the hospital when it's only an amateur fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  He should've turned his back like Duran or quit on his stool between rounds.

I'm joking, of course. Still a very selfless gesture by this kid in the video, doe.

yea...its refreshing to see sportsmanship in this day and age

i know you're not into hockey but one of the best things for me is seeing the handshake between teams after a playoff series...they go out there and try to take each other's heads off but once its all done, they shake hands like men

Comment

Pretty amazing and i was more in awe of his statement on why he did it.

They amatuers and they not getting paid for this and he knew the only way it would have ended was the going going to the hospital and its not worth it so he tapped out and give him the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X