Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Fighter taps out to spare his opponent from further damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His opponent was young and didnt deserve to be taking punishment like that.

Comment

it's an amateur fight, evidently. i don't have a ton of issue with that. i don't have any issues with him continuing to fight amateur after this, either.

we don't have all of the footage in that clip, and would really need to look at the rest to get an idea of the amount of damage that was being sustained.

it's not professional behavior, and i don't expect that guy to fight as a professional. you can carry an opponent if you know what you are doing. hell, it's MMA. you can finish the fight relatively trauma free if you know what you're doing. you're not likely to kill somebody in three, five minute rounds. you don't stop the fight yourself.

Comment

Very good gesture but he should have just won quickly with a KO and got the W.

Comment

Why fight if your going to tap out and lose?
          Both fighters know that there's a risk of injury going into the fight. It is MMA , he could have turned it into a wrestling match.
          The fix was in.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
            Both fighters know that there's a risk of injury going into the fight. It is MMA , he could have turned it into a wrestling match.
            The fix was in.
            it's an amateur bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              That's pretty honorable and I commented on a thread about the difference in MMA and boxing as far as that attitude. This confirms it, very cool.
              Why? because you say so? This rare event on an amateur fight confirms it? Give me a break...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                imagine if you put money on that guy? you're all celebrating and he pulls that ****?
                The kid said they were at the amateurs and the fight wasn't for money...
                If there were bets on the side line -- too bad for those who took bets...

Comment

Dumb move. Golovkin is like 350-8 and people hold those against him

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                    The fix was in.
                    No fix, doe!
                    What fix?
                    The kid was beating the other guy badly...

Comment

Do High school football teams throw the game because the other team looks beat up? No ,they play to win, that's why they're on the field.
                      Arguement over , you get in the ring to win, that's it.
                      Fixed fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X