No announcement yet.

Mom attacks pit bull

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Mom attacks pit bull

Mom attacks pit bull, bites off its ear to save daughter from being mauled to death
    Chelsi Camp acted on pure instinct when she punched the dog in the mouth and bit off its ear when it attacked her little girl, Mackenzi Plass, at a friend's house in Texas. Both mom and daughter are recovering — and the brutal beast has been put down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"The dog came up and he was just curious," Camp told Houston's KHOU. "When he smelled her, that's when you saw it flip because I think he smelled my dog on her."

The dog began attacking the little girl, and Camp was determined to save her daughter. Camp bit the dog's ear off and punched it in the mouth. Somehow, she managed to call 911 during the fight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1766437

One bad ass mom!

The whole thing seems a little far fetched to me.

Comment

Don't mess with protective moms! They'll bite your ear off and smile for a picture.

Comment

Never mind attacks pit bull, she looks like she's eaten it.

I reckon she was just out and felt peckish, then invented this story about it attacking her daughter to cover her tracks.

I can't believe I even double-checked her country of origin, when it's entirely self-evident.

Comment

disgusting. is it american tradition to bite ear off dog in fight?

omg usa crazyy

Comment

i generally question the judgement of pit bull owners. i'm not saying that pit bulls are all bad. i'm not saying that all of their owners are bad people. i'm saying that i question the judgement of somebody who owns one of, if not the most violent breed of dog.

and some pit bull owners are idiots. they own the dog because of it's violent reputation. let's not kid ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i generally question the judgement of pit bull owners. i'm not saying that pit bulls are all bad. i'm not saying that all of their owners are bad people. i'm saying that i question the judgement of somebody who owns one of, if not the most violent breed of dog.

and some pit bull owners are idiots. they own the dog because of it's violent reputation. let's not kid ourselves.
              I don't personally own one, i have a few friends that do, Pit Bulls are some of the nicest & sweetest dogs but like you said it's their IDIOT owners that make them aggressive ... Probably because they think it makes them look tough

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                I don't personally own one, i have a few friends that do, Pit Bulls are some of the nicest & sweetest dogs but like you said it's their IDIOT owners that make them aggressive ... Probably because they think it makes them look tough

idiotic owners definitely play a part, but to discount the history of a dog that was bred to fight other dogs is wrong.

pit bulls, especially unaltered male ones, are considered to be extremely aggressive toward other dogs. they're also much more likely than a control population [random dogs,] to attack humans without provocation. there have been numerous studies on this over the years.

these dogs were bred to fight other dogs. before that they were bred to be matched against bulls in "pits" or rings. "bulldogs" and "pit bulls" get their names from this. you can do some reading if you don't believe me.

in short, the violent behavior of the pit bull is a product of poor socialization and training in youth, as well as the genetic makeup of an animal bred explicitly to fight other dogs.

you don't need to get a dog that was bred to fight. you just don't. that's why i question the judgement of pit bull owners.

Comment

Dr New England in the house:

How Did The Bulldog Get Its Name?

The bulldog is a strong, short-haired dog with a pug nose and wide, powerful jaws.

The bulldog gets its name because it was once bred for the sport of bull-baiting, a cruel sport popular in England in the 1600s.

Because of his pushed-in nose, the bulldog was able to hang on to the unfortunate animal’s ears or nose with his strong teeth and still be able to breathe.

Often, a bear was used in the place of a bull.

When this cruel sport was outlawed, the bulldog was used for dog-fighting. It was called a “Pit Dog” or “Pit Bull.”

Today the bulldog, though still brave, makes a gentle and friendly pet.

Bulldogs are slightly pigeon-toed and have many wrinkles on their faces.

A bulldog may weigh from 40 to 50 pounds. It is Great Britain’s national dog, as well as mascot of the British Navy. – Dick Rogers

Comment

A very similar thing happened in my town and was on the news a couple of days ago.

How does a neighbor's dog get close to a 2 year old? They left that detail out of the story conveniently.

Not sure if the child was playing outside or what the deal was. But as a parent you should keep your child safe at all times and not let it even come close to being around a potentially dangerous animal.

The dog came up and he was just curious," Camp told Houston's KHOU. "When he smelled her, that's when you saw it flip because I think he smelled my dog on her."

So this woman let the dog walk up on her child like that?

As a dog owner it is your responsibility to keep your dog under control/on a leash. For some reason I don't feel like this is the first time the dog has just been able to walk around on its own.

This dog didn't have to die, and the poor girl certainly should have never been attacked. Based on what little details of the events there are I think both parties partially share blame. Because I know if I had a toddler and lived next to those people, any time we were not in the house the kid would be right by my side.

This makes responsible pitbull owners look bad. My brother in law owns 4-5 pits that he breeds and uses for protection. He constantly educates himself about the Dog and its behavior. He has 4 children ranging in age from 20 months to 11 years old. They are very protective over family and guests and have never been a problem. The dogs are very well mannered and are the most loving dogs I have ever been around. When we visit they each compete for your attention to be pet and played with.

it's a shame that any idiot of the street can just go and buy a dog like this, and condition it to be aggressive, instead of training it. Two completely different things.

Comment

Working...
                    X