Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom attacks pit bull

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks the little girl is going to fully recover from her injuries, thank goodness.

As far as Bully breeds and "defending" myself as an owner of two, been there done that on here.

Comment

Pit bulls are not only a unpredictable liability to own, but absolutely one of the ugliest breeds alive. I truly don't get the love there.

The whole nurture your dog properly is non sense. Nature plays a huge role in their actions.

Comment

The hate and ignorance about pits is sad and disgusting. You're better than this new england.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          The hate and ignorance about pits is sad and disgusting. You're better than this new england.
          At least you can legally own a Pitbull... That's not the case in the UK.

Comment

Most pitbull owners are a bunch of idiots who think owning one makes them tough. Some have even gone as far as challenging me to get my dog to fight their dog. Mind you I own a dachshund.

I had many pitbulls during my middle school-mid high school days when it was "cool" to own one, and I agree with the poster that said most people only get one cause if their violent reputation...

Comment

ignorance? i can site a score of studies. are you really going to make me waste part of my saturday doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                Most pitbull owners are a bunch of idiots who think owning one makes them tough. Some have even gone as far as challenging me to get my dog to fight their dog. Mind you I own a dachshund.

I had many pitbulls during my middle school-mid high school days when it was "cool" to own one, and I agree with the poster that said most people only get one cause if their violent reputation...
                I agree dude. There's also a reason pit bulls are the most popular breed in pounds, kennels, spca's etc. they are a crazy breed and humans can't control them for the most part. There's a reason why I haven't seen a single Dachsund in a kennel. And for the owners, composed of ignorant people on the most part, most do get pits because of their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                  Pit bulls are not only a unpredictable liability to own, but absolutely one of the ugliest breeds alive. I truly don't get the love there.

The whole nurture your dog properly is non sense. Nature plays a huge role in their actions.

i think they're gorgeous dogs. they're supremely athletic. they're a combination of speed, size, and stamina that you only see in top flight dogs.

lots of people keep their pit bulls heavy. they should be ripped looking. i'm also not a huge fan of cropped ears.

you can definitely raise a nonviolent pit bull. most pit bulls are nonviolent.

i don't have an issues with a responsible homeowner having a properly socialized pit bull. i don't think somebody should have a pit bull in an apartment building. it's not fair to expect the master insurance policy to cover such an explicitly violent breed of dog.

like you said, however, the breed is a factor. you just haven't been around enough dogs if you don't think it is. they're a breed of dog with a greater predisposition toward violent behavior. they might be the major breed of dog with the greatest disposition toward violent behavior.

anecdotally, rottweilers and shepherds are two breeds i'd count among the violent ones. there are also quite a few ill tempered little dogs out there. people just don't associate them with risk, find the violent behavior cute, etc. if you think your dog being violent [showing teeth, snapping, growling,] is cute, your card is pulled.
                  Last edited by New England; 04-26-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    ignorance? i can site a score of studies. are you really going to make me waste part of my saturday doing it?
                    I can cite them as well when I get home, I am out trying to catch me a Jewish bird johnm style. The history of pits is no secret but let's not make the proverbial mistake of blaming the gun and not the shooter. The owner is 100% to blame whether in an isolated incident or from the moment they received the puppy, 99/100 times. Responsibility and being informed and educated on the breed of dog and dog owning In general is half the battle.

Comment

I can cite them as well when I get home, I am out trying to catch me a Jewish bird johnm style. The history of pits is no secret but let's not make the proverbial mistake of blaming the gun and not the shooter. The owner is 100% to blame whether in an isolated incident or from the moment they received the puppy, 99/100 times. Responsibility and being informed and educated on the breed of dog and dog owning In general is half the battle.
                      A gun=a pit bull? How did you arrive at this logic? I'll wait

Comment

Working...
                      X