• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor man's Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo

Real life Rollo was like 100 years after Ragnar, who may or may not be real (it's most likely that Ragnar is based on a great Viking leader/warrior who sacked Paris in the 800s). But Rollo became a French noble.

That and King Harald Finehair was way after Ragnar in real life too, and was the actual first man to unify Norway into one kingdom. And in the show Harald's brother is Halfdan but in real life, Halfdan was his father.

So it's a semi historical show, which is what I tell people. Based on real life people, but they take liberties with the timeline.
      definitely but they Rollo was more 'heroic' than he is being portrayed. We will see what they do with him though. I like the character though - he is the one that has a bit a comedy about him as well as menace.

Comment

This fool's about the cause Ragnar some problems
        I think you mean he's about to get his sht pushed in.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo

Real life Rollo was like 100 years after Ragnar, who may or may not be real (it's most likely that Ragnar is based on a great Viking leader/warrior who sacked Paris in the 800s). But Rollo became a French noble.

That and King Harald Finehair was way after Ragnar in real life too, and was the actual first man to unify Norway into one kingdom. And in the show Harald's brother is Halfdan but in real life, Halfdan was his father.

So it's a semi historical show, which is what I tell people. Based on real life people, but they take liberties with the timeline.
          What do you expect, a retelling of the true events? This isn't on the History Channel.

Oh, wait..it IS on the History Channel!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Poor man's Game of Thrones.
            Two different shows. Ragnar is single handily more interesting than any character on Game of Thrones, but Vikings is more focused on a central character. Game of Thrones is supposed to be 10 different storylines going on, with not much single focus on any one thing. There's good parts about that, and bad parts.]

The battles in Vikings are MUCH better than Game of Thrones though. And Vikings doesn't just off people to off them, like Thrones Season 4. But I did enjoy Seasons 1, 3, and 5 of Thrones.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 03-17-2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              What do you expect, a retelling of the true events? This isn't on the History Channel.

Oh, wait..it IS on the History Channel!
              No lol I'm just pointing out that they kind of had to go this way with Rollo, if they wanted to keep it in line with history at all.

Good episode tonight. Lagertha made good on her promise, that's for sure. Ragnar is losing his mind I swear lol

Comment

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...ers-joins-cast

Vikings got renewed for another season next year, which will be 20 episodes in two parts.

So basically we're getting 4 seasons of Vikings in two years, **** yessssss.

I kind of have a feeling this may be it though these next couple years.

Comment

Two different shows. Ragnar is single handily more interesting than any character on Game of Thrones, but Vikings is more focused on a central character. Game of Thrones is supposed to be 10 different storylines going on, with not much single focus on any one thing. There's good parts about that, and bad parts.]

The battles in Vikings are MUCH better than Game of Thrones though. And Vikings doesn't just off people to off them, like Thrones Season 4. But I did enjoy Seasons 1, 3, and 5 of Thrones.
                  My girl watches Game of Thrones religiously and I watch it casually. She sampled Vikings as well and that's how it came off to me in the snippets I saw. Minus the dragons and sorcery.

My favorite shows are Sopranos, Wire, and Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    My girl watches Game of Thrones religiously and I watch it casually. She sampled Vikings as well and that's how it came off to me in the snippets I saw. Minus the dragons and sorcery.

My favorite shows are Sopranos, Wire, and Breaking Bad.
                    Vikings is real good man. I'm bias because I've been on Vikings since the start, and I like shows that have more of a main character arc, like Vikings. Rather than Thrones where you really never know if this or that character is going to do anything, at all really. But I like Thrones, just don't think it's as amazing as people say. Vikings has a totally different feel than Thrones.

It's like early on Sons of Anarchy in the Viking age.

Yeah Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire are amazing. My favorite shows all time....

Sons of Anarchy
                    The Sopranos
                    The Wire
                    The Shield
                    Breaking Bad
                    Vikings
                    Ray Donovan
                    Dexter

That's my solid core of shows that I loved.

Comment

Vikings is real good man. I'm bias because I've been on Vikings since the start, and I like shows that have more of a main character arc, like Vikings. Rather than Thrones where you really never know if this or that character is going to do anything, at all really. But I like Thrones, just don't think it's as amazing as people say. Vikings has a totally different feel than Thrones.

It's like early on Sons of Anarchy in the Viking age.

Yeah Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire are amazing. My favorite shows all time....

Sons of Anarchy
                      The Sopranos
                      The Wire
                      The Shield
                      Breaking Bad
                      Vikings
                      Ray Donovan
                      Dexter

That's my solid core of shows that I loved.
                      I have the Shield and Dexter on my "To Watch" list.

Comment

Working...
                      X