No announcement yet.

The History Channel's Vikings is Secretly The Greatest Show on Television

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The History Channel's Vikings is Secretly The Greatest Show on Television

Does anybody freaking realize how great this show is? I downloaded the first episode just to give it a chance since i heard a lot of good chatter and looked up the ratings on some sites and it always scored well.

It didnt take long for me to stop watching the first episode so i can download the rest of the seasons....

Its an absolute masterpiece.

I swear to you, as a die hard game of thrones fan, IT RIVALS IT. I dont say that with any exaggeration at all.

It is a historical dram series set in the 700 AD about a Viking and his brother and family as he sets to become a viking king.

First class production value
    First class acting
    First class script
    First class battle scenes
    First class cinematography
    First class casting calls all around.

Its basically the real life game of thrones minus the dragons. It is anchored by a very charismatic lead and augmented with excellent supporting cast. Every episode is dynamic and memorable and the violence is surprisingly brutal for a regular network cable show not given the uncensored reign of premium cable networks like showtime or hbo.

Its a more streamlined version of game of thrones, complete with political battles as well as the Vikings raping and pillaging in action with likable and attractive characters of both sexes. I was shocked at how such a masterclass of a show that has half the hype of thrones and half the fanbase of a tepid and vapid show like the Walking Dead got no love around here.

I urge all of you fans of Game of Thrones to check this hidden gem of a show.

Trust me,

You wont be disappointed.
    Last edited by Ragnar Lothbrok; 04-07-2014, 09:06 AM.

I agree...have been watching it from the beginning. Great story line based on facts or myths.

Only issue I have is that Ragnar was from Denmark...and they always show his village to be situated in a Norwegian fjord.

Comment

- Off Topic -

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        I agree...have been watching it from the beginning. Great story line based on facts or myths.

Only issue I have is that Ragnar was from Denmark...and they always show his village to be situated in a Norwegian fjord.
        such a bad ass character with a bad ass name. his wife the shield maiden is pretty bad too.

Last edited by Ragnar Lothbrok; 04-07-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, but it's a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I wouldn't go that far, but it's a good show.
            i would.

thrones is great no doubt, but its not perfect and its too overhyped with such fanboyism.

the political machinations of vikings and even the way they worship their certain gods remind me so much of game of thrones.

it is a more concentrated and streamlined version of thrones. its not as sprawling as thrones and it doesnt have the problem of underdeveloped story lines and characters as thrones because it doesnt have that vast amount of story and characters to show as thrones.

its just as good as thrones imo.

Comment

its an absolutely amazing show.

it rivals game of thrones just based on quality alone.

Comment

This is on History channel? Every time I check the lineup 80% of the time its Pawn Stars lol

Comment

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
                  such a bad ass character with a bad ass name. his wife the shield maiden is pretty bad too.

Yep, watch that ***** every Thursday, dope show.
                  Don't know why Ragnar left her for Daryl Hannah. Last episode when she stabbed her husband in the eye, awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
                    Yep, watch that ***** every Thursday, dope show.
                    Don't know why Ragnar left her for Daryl Hannah. Last episode when she stabbed her husband in the eye, awesome.
                    dammit, havent got to that part yet

its all good. btw, ragnar didnt leave her, she left him because she didnt want him to have a 2nd wife. plus she cant have kids anymore and ragnar needs to have kids, lots of sons according to the seer.

Comment

Working...
                    X