Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Buyers Club should have won best picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it was a pretty average movie myself. Both the dallas and 12 years movies.

Wolf of Wall Street was entertaining.

Comment

I've seen both and the moment I finished watching 12 I knew it would win. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

was a great movie and I usually dont like those type of movies.

Comment

I'm tired "I have life threatening disease" movie winning awards, I'm glad they didn't get it.

I can't even eat popcorn while someone has AIDS, good call awards crew.

Comment

DBC was a fantastic movie.

Comment

American Hustle

Comment

Her was meh IMO.

Good performance from Phoenix, but I just couldn't get into the movie. I recognize Phoenix's good performance but as a movie, I don't know. ****e Jonze is a weird guy. Not bad, but his movie's always have a certain feel and if you don't get into them, you'll probably never really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                  I thought American Hustle wasn't anything special.

My first choice for Best Picture would have been Captain Phillips, followed by Dallas Buyers Club and then The Wolf of Wall Street.

Those were the 3 best of those I've seen nominated for Best Picture (I haven't seen Philomena).
                  Captain Phillips over DBC and WOWS?? I really can't see it. Cpt Phillips was good. It was.

But it really wasn't as intense as it could have been, had a sloppy ending and required more drama. It was a good movie - but nothing i'm dying to buy on Blu Ray.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  My Top 5 last year....

12 Years a Slave
                  Dallas Buyers Club
                  American Hustle
                  The Wolf of Wall Street
                  Inside Llewyn Davis
                  American Hustle over Wolf of Wall Street? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Captain Phillips over DBC and WOWS?? I really can't see it. Cpt Phillips was good. It was.

But it really wasn't as intense as it could have been, had a sloppy ending and required more drama. It was a good movie - but nothing i'm dying to buy on Blu Ray.

American Hustle over Wolf of Wall Street? No way.
                    I thought it was just as good. American Hustle has suddenly gone from overrated initially, with near universal acclaim, to underrated to some it seems.

Christian Bale and Amy Adams were great, and everything worked great IMO. The Wolf of Wall Street was very very good. Scorsese's best since The Departed.

It was a really strong year for films IMO.

My Top 10....

1. 12 Years a Slave
                    2. Dallas Buyers Club
                    3. American Hustle
                    4. The Wolf of Wall Street
                    5. Inside Llewyn Davis
                    6. Nebraska
                    7. Captain Phillips
                    8. Mud
                    9. Rush
                    10. Gravity (overrated but still pretty stunning visually, and I thought it was good, shouldn't have been nominated in any of the major categories aside from mayyyyybe Best Actress)
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-30-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I thought it was just as good. American Hustle has suddenly gone from overrated initially, with near universal acclaim, to underrated to some it seems.

Christian Bale and Amy Adams were great, and everything worked great IMO. The Wolf of Wall Street was very very good. Scorsese's best since The Departed.

It was a really strong year for films IMO.

My Top 10....

1. 12 Years a Slave
                      2. Dallas Buyers Club
                      3. American Hustle
                      4. The Wolf of Wall Street
                      5. Inside Llewyn Davis
                      6. Nebraska
                      7. Captain Phillips
                      8. Mud
                      9. Rush
                      10. Gravity (overrated but still pretty stunning visually, and I thought it was good, shouldn't have been nominated in any of the major categories aside from mayyyyybe Best Actress)
                      100 percent true. That movie was a big letdown for me. But Rush was better than I expected it to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X