No announcement yet.

Destruction of the catholic church

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Wow, this was pure brutality. FAO Enyze....

)
    I know you get your rocks off watching these videos, and think you are a great guy because you support gay rights, but your pretentious behavior of self righteousness is despicable.

Comment

Still waiting for examples of when Hitchens tore the Talmud apart. For those wondering why I'm asking about this, the Talmud is full-to-the-brim with hatred against non-Jews.

All children of the goyim (non-Jews) are animals. - Yebamoth 98a

Sexual intercourse between the goyim is like intercourse between animals. - Sanhedrin 74b

If a Jew murders a goy there will be no death penalty. - Sanhedrin 57a

The goyim are not humans. They are beasts. - Baba Mezia 114b

If you eat with a goy it is the same as eating with a dog. - Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b

Even the best of the goyim should all be killed. - Soferim 15

Comment

Originally posted by 876arrow View Post
        Still waiting for examples of when Hitchens tore the Talmud apart. For those wondering why I'm asking about this, the Talmud is full-to-the-brim with hatred against non-Jews.

All children of the goyim (non-Jews) are animals. - Yebamoth 98a

Sexual intercourse between the goyim is like intercourse between animals. - Sanhedrin 74b

If a Jew murders a goy there will be no death penalty. - Sanhedrin 57a

The goyim are not humans. They are beasts. - Baba Mezia 114b

If you eat with a goy it is the same as eating with a dog. - Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b

Even the best of the goyim should all be killed. - Soferim 15
        Horrible book, clearly. What are you suggesting though? Certainly no atheist would have any issue criticizing something so absurd. The vast majority of talking on the subject is done geared towards Christianity, given that in the western world that's the religion of choice for most people. What motivation are you suggesting people like Hitchens have for "avoiding" the subject?
        Last edited by samouraï; 03-12-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraï View Post
          Horrible book, clearly. What are you suggesting though? Certainly no atheist would have any issue criticizing something so absurd. The vast majority of talking on the subject is done geared towards Christianity, given that in the western world that's the religion of choice for most people. What motivation are you suggesting people like Hitchens have for "avoiding" the subject?
          I'm quite clearly saying that atheists (in this case, prominent atheists such as Hitchens & Dawkins) have no problem slamming Islam & Christianity for hateful passages that exists in their religious texts (which I have no problem with, because I too slam these religions), but say absolutely NOTHING about the sickening hatred that exists in the Talmud. They know that they're not allowed to touch the Talmud. Why? The Talmud is surely the roots of the hatred that is directed towards the Palestinians for example, by extremist Rabbis in Israel. I am disappointed with Hitchens & Dawkins for avoiding this.

Does such hatred exist for non-Hindus in Hindu texts; non-Sikhs in Sikh texts; non-Buddhists in Buddhist texts etc etc? I'm not aware of any.

Comment

I'm quite clearly saying that atheists (in this case, prominent atheists such as Hitchens & Dawkins) have no problem slamming Islam & Christianity for hateful passages that exists in their religious texts (which I have no problem with, because I too slam these religions), but say absolutely NOTHING about the sickening hatred that exists in the Talmud. They know that they're not allowed to touch the Talmud. Why? The Talmud is surely the roots of the hatred that is directed towards the Palestinians for example, by extremist Rabbis in Israel. I am disappointed with Hitchens & Dawkins for avoiding this.

Does such hatred exist for non-Hindus in Hindu texts; non-Sikhs in Sikh texts; non-Buddhists in Buddhist texts etc etc? I'm not aware of any.
            You start by saying that you're being very clear, and then you say the bolded. Why do you think they're "not allowed to"? Come right out and say it.

Comment

You start by saying that you're being very clear, and then you say the bolded. Why do you think they're "not allowed to"? Come right out and say it.
              Because they're biased. They think Jews are off-limits. This is the view of most atheists I've come across. They have no problem laying into Christianity & Islam (although some have a problem criticizing Islam), but never touch Judaism, even when there's an entire book which is full of hatred against non-Jews.

Now, why do they think Jews are off-limits? You'd have to go and ask them.

Comment

Because they're biased. They think Jews are off-limits. This is the view of most atheists I've come across. They have no problem laying into Christianity & Islam (although some have a problem criticizing Islam), but never touch Judaism, even when there's an entire book which is full of hatred against non-Jews.

Now, why do they think Jews are off-limits? You'd have to go and ask them.
                This is very strange. I'm an atheist, and Jews are not "off-limits." Admittedly, I probably spend very little time actually criticizing Judaism, but that's really because usually Jews I know are nearly non-religious, they're much less common than Christians, and even those who do consider themselves to be of the Jewish faith are usually quite relaxed about it. This is my personal experience.

I think you're clearly avoiding stating your actual beliefs. You've said that Judaism is "off-limits" to such atheists and the Talmud "not allowed" to be discussed - that's not the language you'd use unless you had a very particular belief about why atheists seem to spend so little time on the subject. It's apparent to me that you know full well why you believe atheists spend so little time on the subject, so why not give us your own personal belief rather than avoiding to do so and telling us to ask the folks you're accusing of a probably non-existent bias.
                Last edited by samouraï; 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

This is very strange. I'm an atheist, and Jews are not "off-limits."
                  Well of course you're going to say that.

Admittedly, I probably spend very little time actually criticizing Judaism, but that's really because usually Jews I know are nearly non-religious, they're much less common than Christians, and even those who do consider themselves to be of the Jewish faith are usually quite relaxed about it. This is my personal experience.
                  And most Christians are "relaxed" about their faith, but that doesn't stop atheists from tearing Christianity apart (which like I said, I have no problem with).

I think you're clearly avoiding stating your actual beliefs. You've said that Judaism is "off-limits" to such atheists and the Talmud "not allowed" to be discussed - that's not the language you'd use unless you had a very particular belief about why atheists seem to spend so little time on the subject.
                  My belief is that the Talmud is a sickening book & it's about ****ing time atheists go in hard on it. I await the day Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins & others expose this hateful, despicable book. It won't happen.

Comment

Well of course you're going to say that.

And most Christians are "relaxed" about their faith, but that doesn't stop atheists from tearing Christianity apart (which like I said, I have no problem with).

My belief is that the Talmud is a sickening book & it's about ****ing time atheists go in hard on it. I await the day Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss, Richard Dawkins & others expose this hateful, despicable book. It won't happen.
                    Look, we agree that they should rip the Talmud apart. They probably just see it as less of a priority, whether they're right in thinking that or not.

What I'm arguing with is your accusation that their is some underlying motive to avoid the subject (hence your use of "it's off limits", and "they're not allowed to"). If you're not willing to tell me what you think this motive is, will you at least rule out that it's the usual "Jews control the world" nonsense?

Comment

Look, we agree that they should rip the Talmud apart. They probably just see it as less of a priority, whether they're right in thinking that or not.

What I'm arguing with is your accusation that their is some underlying motive to avoid the subject (hence your use of "it's off limits", and "they're not allowed to"). If you're not willing to tell me what you think this motive is, will you at least rule out that it's the usual "Jews control the world" nonsense?
                      lmao I don't believe Jews rule the world. I think prominent Jewish atheists either see Judaism/Talmud as off-limits due to bias, or because they're afraid of being labeled a Nazi/conspiracy theorist (the prominent non-Jewish atheists probably fear this the most).

I'm not saying I think as much attention should be paid to Judaism as is payed to Islam & Christianity, as those two religions are the most troublesome in the world (because they have the most followers), but for once, I'd like to hear a well-known atheist just go in ****ing HARD on the Talmud & the extremist Rabbis in Israel who preach nothing but hatred against non-Jews (Israel is, after all, a nuclear-armed state).

Comment

Working...
                      X