Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destruction of the catholic church

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There used to be a greater balance of Religious Vs the Non-Religious back in the old Lounge days. This is almost no fun. It's like a handicap match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

I don't know if Jesus lived or not and ALL historical scholars do not agree. Stop making false statements and calling them fact. I don't pick and choose anything.

There is ZERO evidence of Jesus Christ outside of the Bible. Jews in the first century were amazing historians and not one of them documented the their own Messiah? The writings in Josephus were a known forgery and yet you still think ALL historians agree he was real?

I guess you say Jesus is real therefore he is. Case closed.

How do you reconcile the above post with this one from 2008 (particularly on Josephus):

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      To put to rest the notion that there is no historic and scientific proof of Jesus outside the Bible, we may look to Jewish historian Flavius Josephus and to Roman historian Carius Cornelius Tacitus - both well known and accepted.

Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities" wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

Tacitus, in writing about accusations that Nero burned the city of Rome and blamed it on Christians, said the following:

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).

There are others but I gave you the two most comon ones. There is a reason that you see documentaries about Jesus on National Geographic and such. There is no doubt he was a real person, the question is, was he God's encarnation on Earth.

That's not the point here, the point is that Jesus was a real man as was Budah, Mohammed and Moses.

Whether you believe is irrelevant because that's not the conversation here.
      Thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...63#post4443563
      Last edited by cupocity303; 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        How do you reconcile the above post with this one from 2008 (particularly on Josephus):

Wouldn't the reconciliation be that it's from 2008, and his beliefs have changed?

Comment

Just want to rub salt in the wound.

Originally posted by 80'sDoStew! View Post
          The overwhelming majority do agree that jesus existed yet you choose to discount that but point to abiogenesis which is something with much less evidence. Like I said you are biased with your beliefs, and yes they are beliefs no matter how much you try to deny it while you fight vigorously on the internet
          For the record, I agree that Jesus existed. I just had to laugh at your ignorance in claiming that ALL historians agree.

I'm not fighting on the internet, I'm bored at work today and[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"] I thought I would mess with the trolls.

You have beliefs, I don't[/COLOR].
          Whether it be Christ, Buddha, Muhammad or any other "philosopher" (let's use that term to take away belief). They were REAL PEOPLE, that's the difference. I know there have been some here that say Jesus was some imaginary character created in the minds of the Apostles but he was real and most historians, whether of the faith or not, believe that. So was Muhammad and Buddah, they were real. Now, the fact that you don't believe in the spiritual is another argument but they had teachings and beliefs that people follow to this day.

Making the leap to the tooth fairy is not only silly but it just proves the point that I'm making of how atheist find a need to be offensive or dissrespectful. The tooth fairy or Santa Clause aren't philosophies or ways of life that people follow to help improve their lives.

If your going to make the compairison then you should say that Jesus was just like any other philospher. To think that he's God is stupid and I don't have a problem with people when they think that.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]But why the attacks on people of faith? [/COLOR]Why the attacks on Christmas? I mean if I was an atheist, I wouldn't celebrate Christmas, it's the celebration of Jesus' birth. Just like Easter is about his SUPPOSED ressurection, not some bunny rabbit that lays eggs. It's just not the same thing.

ON red: he said overwhelming just like when you said "most." I just wanna know if you, now, laugh at yourself when you realized your posts in the past?

On dark orange: Why mess with people on faith?
          Last edited by led; 03-13-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Le samouraï View Post
            Wouldn't the reconciliation be that it's from 2008, and his beliefs have changed?
            That's for him to answer, no?

Comment

• 2008 Cuahtemoc1520 Vs 2014 Cuahtemoc1520. Who is winning?

If you religious nut jobs would stop trying to teach creationism in public schools, put things like "In God We Trust" on our money, and "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance, and respect the Constitution, atheists wouldn't be so obnoxious.

VS.

Then you are not keeping on current events. Just last week there was a sign by some atheist group put up next to a nativity scene in Washington St denouncing religion basically calling it a hoax and calling it the root of all peoples problems and saying Jesus is a fictional character and the Bible is full of lies.

Thos types of things are happening all over the country and I don't understand why. If you don't believe, then you don't believe. Why persecute the people who do though?

They want to take away "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, "in God We Trust" away from our money, do away with organized prayer......it's happening every day.

I mean just the other day and employer told his employees they couldn't say "Merry Christmas", they had to say "Happy Holidays".
              Last edited by cupocity303; 03-13-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

They don't, you are the one claiming there is a god. When people say they don't accept that, you have a fit. So I think what's happening is that atheists are becoming a louder minority and you don't like it.

VS.

It seems like their is a growing movement her in the U.S at least, to attack Christianity or any other religion for that matter. Why? If you don't think it's real, then why bother with it? Does it bother you so much to see a cross or Christmas tree? Or a crecent moon? I don't get it....

I don't get it either.

Comment

I persuaded him that he was wrong.

Comment

• The hits just keep on coming:

This sucks because I can't answer point for point because I don't know how to isolate those quotes from you Squeely. Im computer challenged...

If people want to believe or not believe that is their choice. I think it's dissrespectful to compair any of the religious icons like Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, Buddah or any other to the tooth fairy or Santa Clause. The air of arogance that some poeople have is not only degrading and offensive to millions but it also is a bit silly considering non of us can prove that God does or does not exist, that's why that argument is so rediculous and old.

The more brash 2014 version:

Atheists reject the god hypothesis, that's all they do. They aren't trying to disprove a god, because you can't disprove a negative. It would be like trying to disprove unicorns.

Comment

• This thread should be renamed, "The Destruction of Cuauhtémoc1520"

It's all in good fun though Cuah. You're just bored at work messing with the trolls, and I'm just having a lil fun at your expense in between my around the clock fapping sessions.

Comment

Working...
                      X