No announcement yet.

NME releases "500 greatest songs of all time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    True, although three there are Fat Yankian.

I wouldn't really have any issues if songs by, say, The Beatles or Stones or, maybe, Radiohead were in there.

But does anyone really think Blur made one of the 500 greatest songs ever?

And I say that as a Blur fan.
    The Universal? I'm actually quite impressed with the list so far, some took me by surprise e.g. Red Right Hand by Nick Cave, Novocaine for the Soul by Eels.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of the most overrated songs ever, maybe the most overrated. It's not even Nirvana's best song, let alone one of the 5 or 10 or 20 best songs ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        Where the feck is 'Crossroads' by Blazing Squad?

Yeah, Blazin' Squad were proper hardcore. I remember back when me and the lads used to run around in urban areas in our paint/spunk-splashed dress shirts, waving our arms around in a thug-like, but ultimately harmonious manner to this badass chorus.

Comment

Not looking through 500 pages. Any Chili Peppers or Em on there?

Comment

You're an "NSB God"? What does that mean, you're the Deity of 10,000 Floyd vs Manny threads?

Comment

i have a huge music catalog but i realized i have never heard anything by the smiths. at least i don't think i have & come to think of it they are suppose to be one of the greatest brit bands. maybe it's time to have a listen... smells like teen spirit was a song that bridged the gap between music fans of different genres. people who didn't like rock or metal started listening to these guys. enter sandman was another song that bridged that same gap...

Comment

Apparently Blur has at least 5 of the greatest 500 songs of all time, and I'm only through 500-400 and their biggest hits aren't even any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  You're an "NSB God"? What does that mean, you're the Deity of 10,000 Floyd vs Manny threads?
                  Absolutely nothing. I don't even make very many threads, especially not the last year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Apparently Blur has at least 5 of the greatest 500 songs of all time, and I'm only through 500-400 and their biggest hits aren't even any of them.
                    is magazine british?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      List discredited.

Comment

Working...
                      X