Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham on Creationism..LIVE on Youtube tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
    I don't know what you think sarcasm is but that wasn't it.

It wasn't a funny joke, so just came across distasteful, ignorant and lame tbh.

Oh well, nevermind.
    Sorry, I'm American.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Sorry, I'm American.

That was funny. Don't worry about it man. I'm a pedantic cunt at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post

That was funny. Don't worry about it man. I'm a pedantic cunt at times.
        This forum is all fun and games till you leave NSB I suppose.

Comment

• lions went vegetarian inside the ark...

that was funny...

that made me anticiipate aronofsky's noah film even more...

Comment

• Michael Egnor, a neurosurgeon and intelligent design supporter, praises Ham for marking differences between observational or experimental science and historical science, and for also making the point that historical science is particularly influenced by metaphysical assumptions.

"Darwinists like Bill Nye do their historical science from a materialist and atheist perspective, and it clearly taints their insights," writes Egnor, a professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Stony Brook University in New York for more than two decades, on the Evolution News and Views website.

Revelation and reason are not, and cannot be, in conflict, Egnor says, responding to the debate on the topic, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

"When I follow the evidence, I begin with a set of quite specific assumptions. Those assumptions are the product of the great Western tradition ***8230; the marriage of reason and faith," he says.

However, that tradition has been derailed in science by materialists like Nye "who presume atheism and presume Darwinism," he adds. "Materialist science is a betrayal, not a fulfillment, of modern science."
            Last edited by The Noose; 02-09-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Michael Egnor, a neurosurgeon and intelligent design supporter, praises Ham for marking differences between observational or experimental science and historical science, and for also making the point that historical science is particularly influenced by metaphysical assumptions.

"Darwinists like Bill Nye do their historical science from a materialist and atheist perspective, and it clearly taints their insights," writes Egnor, a professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Stony Brook University in New York for more than two decades, on the Evolution News and Views website.

Revelation and reason are not, and cannot be, in conflict, Egnor says, responding to the debate on the topic, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?"

"When I follow the evidence, I begin with a set of quite specific assumptions. Those assumptions are the product of the great Western tradition ***8230; the marriage of reason and faith," he says.

However, that tradition has been derailed in science by materialists like Nye "who presume atheism and presume Darwinism," he adds. "Materialist science is a betrayal, not a fulfillment, of modern science."
              I hope he does materialist neurosurgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                Michael Egnor, a neurosurgeon and intelligent design supporter, praises Ham for marking differences between observational or experimental science and historical science, and for also making the point that historical science is particularly influenced by metaphysical assumptions.

you lost me at intelligent design supporter...

Comment

• Oh man, so minister Fakeikan now has created a strawman by saying piggy and I were pasting from some website.

The only website I pasted from is the online Bible. All you have to do is read Exodus 21 and it will speak for itself.

The bottom line in all of this is that if you want to believe the nonsense in the Bible, that's on you. I don't know if there is a god or not, I do know it's not the god of the Bible, Quran, Mahaburata, Book of Mormon etc.....

All you have to do is have common sense and understand these books were written by bronze age men who were racist, misogynists, and barbaric in the way they handed out punishment for their ridiculous laws.

Not to mention the stories of magic that are in all of those books which contradicts the laws of physics and I don't buy for one second.

So believe what you want, but there's a reason more and more people are turning away from those traditional religious books and teachings. It's because you have to now justify their brutality and immorality to be a part of them.

Thank GOODNESS for secular morality and the fact we don't stone people, kill people for working on the Sabbath, committing adultery, being ****sexual, or just being a woman who happened to be raped and it's her fault of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Oh man, so minister Fakeikan now has created a strawman by saying piggy and I were pasting from some website.

The only website I pasted from is the online Bible. All you have to do is read Exodus 21 and it will speak for itself.

The bottom line in all of this is that if you want to believe the nonsense in the Bible, that's on you. I don't know if there is a god or not, I do know it's not the god of the Bible, Quran, Mahaburata, Book of Mormon etc.....

All you have to do is have common sense and understand these books were written by bronze age men who were racist, misogynists, and barbaric in the way they handed out punishment for their ridiculous laws.

Not to mention the stories of magic that are in all of those books which contradicts the laws of physics and I don't buy for one second.

So believe what you want, but there's a reason more and more people are turning away from those traditional religious books and teachings. It's because you have to now justify their brutality and immorality to be a part of them.

Thank GOODNESS for secular morality and the fact we don't stone people, kill people for working on the Sabbath, committing adultery, being ****sexual, or just being a woman who happened to be raped and it's her fault of course.
                    Thank God for atheism!

Haha we owe our civilised culture to the enlightenment, to Hobbes and Locke and Rousseau.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Thank God for atheism!

Haha we owe our civilised culture to the enlightenment, to Hobbes and Locke and Rousseau.
                      So you wanna thank "God" for athiesm???

Say wahh...

Comment

Working...
                      X