Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning's legacy: Choker or Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
    You put Brady on that Broncos team, and they would probably still lose but they're not getting blown out by 35 points.
    How? Is he gonna scramble to avoid all that pressure and extend plays? Lol ain't nothing Brady could have done.

Comment

Lol at this 'football is a team game' talk.

People don't say this for 16 weeks of the regular season when all the GOAT talk gets thrown around.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        How? Is he gonna scramble to avoid all that pressure and extend plays? Lol ain't nothing Brady could have done.
        I think that play in your sig is the one time in the game when I felt bad for the Broncos. The defense battled well to that point, but that's when you knew they had given up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I think that play in your sig is the one time in the game when I felt bad for the Broncos. The defense battled well to that point, but that's when you knew they had given up.
          That and the fact Denver and really the entire AFC is soft. Seattle has been battle tested, they played all of the top defenses this year.

Comment

IMO it's definitely leaning significantly further towards the choker side of the meter.

That said, he does have a Superbowl ring. And no reg season success is obviously a lot different than when it counts (postseason), but his regular season is success is not paralleled by many. He has a **** ton of playoff losses (12), but his amount of playoff victories is nothing to sneeze at either (11).

I root for one of the saddest organizations in all of professional sports -- the Detroit Lions, who have 1 (ONE. Yes, one.) playoff win in franchise HISTORY. The Lions are the Brian Sutherland version of an NFL team. So yeah, it's difficult for me to criticize Manning.

Comment

Video should answer the question...

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                Video should answer the question...

That game they lost 20-3 to the Pats is one of the biggest arguments for us Peyton haters. People love in hindsight to say, "The Colts were terrible and the Patriots had a great defense and blah blah blah," but that wasn't the case going in. That was a year where a lot of the Pats secondary was injured to the point a wide receiver, Troy Brown, was playing nickel, and Peyton had set the TD record. The Colts were the pick for most to go in and beat a depleted Patriots defense, because Peyton was the soon to be GOAT whose offense was unstoppable.

Comment

To me it looked like the Seahawks played in a very dominant fashion. Got to give credit to Seattle, they were consistantly the #1 defense for the whole year an it showed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      No QB could have beat Seattle's defense yesterday. What you witnessed was true greatness. Everyone was focusing on Manning and the #1 offense when they should have been focusing on the #1 defense. As the saying goes, great defense wins championships.
                      Yeah I agree,

If the Patriots had got through I think it would have been a closer game but Seahawks would have won fairly easily still.

Comment

Working...
                      X