No announcement yet.

Which country makes the best music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Germany? Gtfo with that...late eighteen-early nineteenth century ok Germany-Austria wins hands down but not twentieth century.

US is first ...blues/jazz/Broadway musicals/movie sountracks....everyone else is tied for second place except France which is last. Ravel and Debussey are beyond one hundred years.
    Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm not familiar at all with the other two, but i'm quite familiar with kraftwerk. they had a very new sound, but was the impact of that era of german music really on a tier with the impact of american and UK music?
    I think that the impact of that era of German music is quite underestimated. Hell, take some of the very best of the UK's music in particular from the mid-to-late 70s and a lot of it is directly influenced from krautrock. Think Bowie as early as Station to Station (brilliant album, by the way) through his "Berlin Trilogy" as an example.

Can and Neu! are both highly recommended. I think you can hear a lot of their influence in modern indie music. They just did it 30 years earlier - and I think quite a lot better. Can's "Tago Mago" may very well be my favorite album of all-time. I think either Ege Bamyasi or Future Days are better starting points though. Neu! '75 is a good starting point for Neu!.

BUNGALOWS: I'll give it another listen tonight. I heard it when it came out, but I'll give it another go man.
    Last edited by samouraļ; 01-16-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Swedish and Dutch house music tho.

Comment

The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Cream, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Sex Pistols, David Bowie.

There must be something in that British water.

Comment

Jamaica....nothing beats reggae!

Comment

Comment

Depends on what music you like. I like blues and rap so I will have to say [black] America for the most part.

Comment

Radiohead, Depeche Mode, The Beatles, The Buzzcocks, The Zombies, Duran Duran, Fleetwood Mac, The Special, Kate Bush, Stone Roses, Elton John, Oasis, Joy Division, The Cure, T-Rex, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, fucking QUEEN!, The Smiths, Led Zepplin, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Who, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Muse, Iron Maiden, Madness, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Def Leppard, Gary Numan, Sisters of Mercy, Kasabian, Rod Stewart, and Status Quo!

Though I probably like American music just as much if not better

Comment

I almost voted for France for the lol's.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
                    I almost voted for France for the lol's.

Comment

Antarctica got some dope ass hip hop. Okay I know it's a continent and not a country but still. Their rap is still dope.

Comment

Working...
                      X